Rumor: MrModchips wins appeal in £1million UK modchip case

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by IBNobody, Jun 12, 2008.

1. IBNobody
    OP

Member IBNobody I try to keep myself amused.

United States
    From Team Xecuter's web page

http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/showthr...5797#post235797

Edited Note: This is still a rumor, but it is gaining strength.

2. notnarb

Member notnarb Not narbing it up

for starters, independent is misspelled. Second of all how the hell could one call people who go after modchip companies 'overzealous'? I know if I had to deal with a company not only stealing from me but selling others the ability I would be doing everything in my power to destroy said company. What would you do to a leech inviting other leeches onto your body? Freak the hell out of course

3. IBNobody
    OP

United States
    To add credibility to this story...

http://www.mrmodchips.co.uk/catalog/

Apparently, MrModchips is claiming victory. One would assume that he is claiming victory over the lawsuit.

But... I'm still holding judgment until I see it picked up by media outlets.

4. gaboumafou

Member gaboumafou GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    If you were in the music industry, would you sue companies making CD burners? And MP3 players?

5. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    The guy who ran MrModchips is an arsehole. Ripped off many people here and is a total racist bigot who refused to sell stuff to one person just because their country did something wrong.

Though this will be good for modchips in the UK its bad as it means this waste of human bile will not get what he deserves.

6. Prime

Member Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    This guy is a prick. Caused so much stress and anger when i bought from him.

7. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    I agree. Never heard anything but bad things about Mr. Modchips.

8. IBNobody
    OP

United States
    They tried.

If they could, they would make it so that you had to pay money every time you heard a song or watched a movie.

(Mr. Modchips sucked that bad, eh? Oh well... At least other more reputable modchip sellers will be off the hook in the UK.)

Edit: I just re-read what I wrote. I didn't mean it to sound like "It sucks to be you for ordering from him". I was expressing my disappointment that an asshole didn't get the good dicking he deserved.

9. notnarb

Member notnarb Not narbing it up

CD burners and MP3 players are a great way to support digital distribution, so no, probably not. Would it be rational for a bank to go after someone selling paper clips? no. Would it be rational for the bank to go after someone going after someone selling keys to said bank? Hell yes. Sure there are times where I wished I had 'keys to the bank' to access the atm or something along those lines, but the legitimate uses for them are so proportionality small, it just doesn't makes sense for someone to sell them to the public

10. THeLL

Member THeLL GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Does this victory have any influence on the rest of the webshops in Europe that sell modchips?