[Rumor] Miiverse+NNID for 3DS coming in Fall?

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by SignZ, Jul 18, 2013.

1. SignZ
    OP

SignZ Timelord

Jul 16, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Let's face it, all of us have been wondering if the 3DS will get the Nintendo Network ID system, when Miiverse for 3DS comes out.
    Well, it looks like it really might - at least according to this tweet by Emily Rogers, known for other 3DS rumors (most of them coming true!).

https://twitter.com/Emi1yRogers/status/357750027822706690
    The tweet is not long but gets hopes up like a rocket.
    There has been a related news post some time ago (to be found here), about another 3DS-NNID tweet by Emily.

I for one think it really could come true but maybe that's just my hope speaking. :D
    Anyway, what do you guys think? Will it come true?

431unknown and EZ-Megaman like this.

2. beta4attack

beta4attack GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 16, 2011
    The world that never was
    So, wait, the Wii U's update is near Fall (September/October) and the 3DS' update is in Fall? Smells fishy >.> I mean, couldn't that mean that we finally will get a unified account? O.o (By that, I mean unified eShop wallet and logging on other consoles)

blinkzane likes this.
  3. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    I believe her and yay for Miiverse on 3DS.
    Hope we get something else too like youtube app.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  4. Flame

Flame Me > You

Jul 15, 2008
    what is this witchcraft that she speaks of? Miiverse, Nintendo Network ID what next ... some real good classics on the virtual console..

5. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    I'm still waiting for that...note...thing. It's such a long wait that I don't even remember the name anymore. The animation app.

6. SignZ
    OP

SignZ Timelord

Jul 16, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Flipnote, which comes August 1st? :P

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  7. McHaggis

McHaggis Fackin' Troller

Oct 24, 2008
    I'm confused, are you Emily Rogers? "Yours truly" is normally used when referring to yourself, though you might not know this with English not being your native tongue.
    Well, eShop purchases not tied to the console would be at the top of my list. I don't use Miiverse much, but I did have a problem with the Wii where I could pay £50-100 for it to be repaired so that I could access my Wii shop purchases, or just abandon them entirely. I'd like to not have worry about that in the future.

8. BoxmanWTF

BoxmanWTF ♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫

Nov 22, 2008
    Canada
    Behind you
    I feel like Nintendo's goal is to have Miiverse out in time for Pokemon.

9. SignZ
    OP

SignZ Timelord

Jul 16, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Ah, I indeed did not know (or maybe I did once but forgot, heh). Thanks for pointing that out.

EZ-Megaman and McHaggis like this.
  10. Treeko

Treeko GBAtemp Regular

Sep 29, 2012
    Come to think of it and it might be true, cause the last major pokemon update confirmed that you'll be able take pics and share whatever you are doing throughout your journey on social networks and miiverse will be a great addition to those social networks.

11. MasterMan194

MasterMan194 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2008
    Brazil
    Can I expect this NNID/Miiverse thing will bring account based eShop? Or Nintendo can implement NNID while keeping the disgusting per-console system?
    I say screw Miiverse, but let me share my own games between my 2 3DSs.

12. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    The Mayans' were wrong. 2012 wasn't the proper date. Nintendo getting a proper unified online network has to be the first sign that the world will end. One account on multiple Nintendo platforms? Never! :creep:

On a serious note, I've been waiting for quite a while to use just one account and one currency on all devices. If only Nintendo would do what MS did (and what Sony has done all the time) and change all points and the likes to currency. It'd be more transparent and easy for everyone (parents, gamers, children, etc) since the currency used would be the same. As for the timeline, hopefully sooner than later.

13. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    I see this is the total sum of all their efforts - Nintendo's net work, if you will.

Mirby and gamefan5 like this.
  14. ChaosBoi

ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

Feb 19, 2007
    United States
    California
    I've always wondered, what is the purpose of a NNID when we already have FC?

15. heartgold

heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 11, 2009
    London
    3DS and Wii U display real money in the e-shop. Even the DSiware on the 3DS.

Qtis likes this.
  16. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Point taken, but I guess I was looking at the whole Nintendo online. Probably should update my 3DS to buy a few games from the shop. Too little time for too many games ;___;

heartgold likes this.
  17. heartgold

Sep 11, 2009
    London
    Baby steps. Even if you could use your NNID on Wii U and 3DS, the games are still likely tied to your system, so you won't be able to crossplay VC between them. That's an area of improvement required.

I wonder what happens to the current FC system and the current games supporting it with the superior NNID around.

18. SignZ
    OP

SignZ Timelord

Jul 16, 2008
    Gambia, The
    I think the games just check the friendlist, not the codes. So if the codes turn into IDs in the list, the games should have no problems - at least that's what I think about it.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  19. ferofax

ferofax End of the World

Jan 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Did the Miiverse Nintendo Network ID for the WiiU tie eShop games to the account, or are they still tied to the console?

Because I don't believe it will be any different for the 3DS. I think this NNID account is just an account for the Miiverse social network (and maybe a shortcut for the Friend Code system). The eShop still keeps a separate account, which is ultimately tied to the console (because the NNID you create is tied to the console as well, as you will need a system transfer to use it on another console).

Bottomline is, I don't think Nintendo wants to do this "one account, multiple devices" approach. It's a bit prone to abuse. Anybody can just download games from their account to a new system, sell it for a pop, rinse repeat. I'm not saying everyone is like that, but chances are, almost everybody is like that. Give them an inch, they'll take a mile, especially when there's money involved (see all the gamers demanding quality from a $2 game). It's just the way people works.

20. heartgold

Sep 11, 2009
    London
    There could be a unified E-shop. Someone showed a picture on neogaf accessing Wii U content on the 3DS. Wasn't possible before.

[​IMG]