[Rumor] Microsoft invading Wii U Best Buy events

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Microsoft, where is your dignity? If you have any faith in your system, you wouldn't do these kind of things. Not to mention if people weren't bashing your system before, this sure isn't going to help it, if anything it's going to scare more people away.
Customers are like deer, you gotta walk up slowly to them and let them trust you, not run up waving a huge flag screaming at them.

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
Its not like other people experienced the same thing, even in this our very own forum...
Oh... Wait...

Boy, I can't wait for your next clever remark. I hope it includes a = sign and is filled with cynicism and hatred. That would be great!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Random NeoGAF user = reliable source on information.

Oh please, everyone knows Kotaku is a better source of information than NeoGAF ;)

Its not like other people experienced the same thing, even in this our very own forum...
Oh... Wait...

Boy, I can't wait for your next clever remark. I hope it includes a = sign and is filled with cynicism and hatred. That would be great!

You're trying too hard. Then again, people can't possibly lie on the internet, it's the unwritten law after all.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's not like the source link provides a picture or anything...
_1371180646.jpg

CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE HATE TRAIN!

You know I find this kinda funny since a) the guy is just wearing a Microsoft t-shirt (you can get those free at quite a few MS events) b) he doesn't have any ID tags for either MS or Best Buy c) Microsoft is in a frigging agreement with Best Buy to create Microsoft/Windows product displays (stores in stores if you will). Regardless of whether the dude actually works for MS, I'm skeptical. If I wanted to troll some company, I'd just get a t-shirt with the company's logo and people will believe me.

Oh and the info about Best Buy and MS? Source via Ars Technica. Dated today June 13, 2013 at 9.10 PM EEST. CHOO CHOO!

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE HATE TRAIN!

You know I find this kinda funny since a) the guy is just wearing a Microsoft t-shirt (you can get those free at quite a few MS events) b) he doesn't have any ID tags for either MS or Best Buy c) Microsoft is in a frigging agreement with Best Buy to create Microsoft/Windows product displays (stores in stores if you will). Regardless of whether the dude actually works for MS, I'm skeptical. If I wanted to troll some company, I'd just get a t-shirt with the company's logo and people will believe me.

Oh and the info about Best Buy and MS? Source via Ars Technica. Dated today June 13, 2013 at 9.10 PM EEST. CHOO CHOO!

I'm sure that's been Photoshopped. Everything is nowadays, right?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh... Wait...

My point is that trusting the word of a few people on a random internet forum that is probably not fond of Microsoft at the moment isn't exactly "reliable".

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
I get your point, I do but the problem here is MS has done a lot of questionable things here and I know that practices like this have happened in the past (albeit that was a Sony PS2 Sega DC thing) in my own hometown so I tend to believe that those tactics are still employed today. (And yes that happened to me)

Truth is, we don't know if it's true until somebody posts a video of said conversation but I for one am inclined to believe it.

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to jump in here, I really like a lot of Microsoft's products, and attend a lot of their events, so I wear Microsoft shirts almost everyday. However, I, too, will be attending the Nintendo E3 event at my local Best Buy on Saturday.

Also, as someone else already pointed out:
Microsoft is in a frigging agreement with Best Buy to create Microsoft/Windows product displays (stores in stores if you will)

A Microsoft retail employee inside a Best Buy store? Who probably works on commission? Who sees a horde of gamers lined up for a competitors system? Hmmm.... Hell, even if he wasn't doing it for the commission, if I was in the same situation I would have be curious to find out people's opinions on the new consoles.

I highly doubt Microsoft really sees Nintendo as a competitor right now.

Reactions: Qtis

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get your point, I do but the problem here is MS has done a lot of questionable things here and I know that practices like this have happened in the past (albeit that was a Sony PS2 Sega DC thing) in my own hometown so I tend to believe that those tactics are still employed today. (And yes that happened to me)

Truth is, we don't know if it's true until somebody posts a video of said conversation but I for one am inclined to believe it.

So basically we should be paranoid and biased against Microsoft because we don't like some of their things?

It's just really paranoid to assume something on the whims of a few internet forum goers when we know damn well if this was a company we "liked" we'd all be in denial. If we saw the same story with Nintendo invading other company events or Valve doing the same we would be going "That's not true!"

Reactions: 2ndApex

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If a Microsoft "agent" goes up to me on Saturday and asks me, I'll tell him exactly how I feel about it. But seriously, why are people equating a rumor from some random loser on NeoGAF as fact?

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
I like a lot of MS things. I am not biased at all. I own MS products, I'm typing this on my windows PC and played a lot of XBox 360 games when it still worked (yes, RROD) so I am not biased. I am just saying that believe it since i personally saw similar things happening in the past. This is not new to me. And I am surely not a guy who believes things easily.

YOU don't have to believe it. I see no problem in your opinion. I believe it because from a historical perspective and especially from a competition perspective it makes sense. I was not there that day. I won't be there on saturday simply because I live in europe and don't even get the chance to attent to an event like that. But as said, maybe somebody could just film this experience and then we know if it's true or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: @Sonic Angel Knight :bortz2: