[Rumor] Microsoft invading Wii U Best Buy events

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by rizzod, Jun 13, 2013.

1. rizzod
    OP

rizzod Not a New Member

Jul 30, 2008

http://www.dashhacks.com/wii-u/wii-...microsoft-invading-wii-u-best-buy-events.html

2. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    They're desperate, I hope the Xbox One fails, they know how to be trolls, I'll give em that. When I go to Best Buy on Saturday if they so much as try to ask me, I'll laugh. :rofl:

filfat, Ron, Fishaman P and 4 others like this.
  3. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Yep, that's competition for you, nowadays.

Microsoft employee: Hey guys, shouldn't we be using our money to make our products and services better so customers genuinely prefer them?

Microsoft boss: Who let that guy in here? Get him out of here! *guards drag the man away* As I was saying, here's all the money to pay people to say our product is good on reddit and other internet forums. And here's the money to send people to Best Buy to bash other competitors' products.

filfat and xwatchmanx like this.
  4. dragonmaster

dragonmaster THE WALKER

Sep 9, 2005
    Greece
    If its true I pity them, if they really want to sell their console they ought to lift all those stupid restriction on one.
    I am a gamer, I had ps3/xbox 360 /wii /3ds/ds and the list goes on but as I see the facts I won't upgrade to xbox one because of the restrictions and maybe in the future I will buy the ps4 (I have a wii u). For me no used games, online every 24h is a nightmare; for god's sake I have only a weak connection on net in my country and I really don't need the ms godfather to monitor me.

5. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Fishaman P likes this.
  6. McHaggis

McHaggis Fackin' Troller

Oct 24, 2008

I would take the word of a tramp on the street (or his dog) over a game store clerk these days. Why would Best Buy have contracts with Microsoft and Sony to limit competitor demo stations? That's possibly the stupidest thing I've heard all week, since the two contracts would surely conflict with each other and almost certainly infringe upon each other.

On another note, my cousin's dog's mate's owner told me Microsoft and Sony have hired guns on the rooftops across the road from Best Buys, sniping anyone who comes out carrying a Wii U.

xwatchmanx, ggyo, Nemesis90 and 7 others like this.
  7. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    filfat likes this.
  8. rizzod
    OP

rizzod Not a New Member

Jul 30, 2008
    While I agree, it was weird that days ago, Best Buy pulled stores off their Nintendo Experience list.

9. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Is it just me, or is Microsoft becoming the next Mormon Church? That outfit looks very familiar... if only he had a bike helmet too...
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Ray Lewis likes this.
  10. the_randomizer
    This message by the_randomizer has been removed from public view by raulpica, Jun 14, 2013, Reason: One word post -rp.
    Jun 13, 2013
  11. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    I'm not sure whether this is funny or just sad. How stupid of a salesman do you have to be not to recognize impossible sales?

They're waiting in line to play an UNRELEASED VIDEO GAME! That's a concrete thing just in front of you. You're not going to convince people otherwise with a promise, no matter how good it is. And that's not taking into account that most of those people are there exactly because of that event. Or those horrendous features of the xbone.

Jeez...it's like standing in line for a roller coaster and some guy comes along and asks us if we wouldn't be interested to ride a different coaster half a year from now. Yeah...good luck with that. :rolleyes:

I swear...if one of those guys managed to convince even a single guy to leave the line...then microsoft should give that guy a decent raise and let him lead the company's PR-department...because he would have pulled off the impossible. a miracle.

12. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Those Microsoft agents are pinheads, plain and simple. Anti-competitive deterrence is illegal as far as I know http://www.justice.gov/atr/public/speeches/5076.htm

13. Pedeadstrian
    This message by Pedeadstrian has been removed from public view by raulpica, Jun 14, 2013, Reason: One word post -rp.
    Jun 13, 2013
  14. the_randomizer
    This message by the_randomizer has been removed from public view by raulpica, Jun 14, 2013, Reason: One word post -rp.
    Jun 13, 2013
  15. rizzod
    This message by rizzod has been removed from public view by raulpica, Jun 14, 2013, Reason: Useless bickering + replies -rp.
    Jun 13, 2013
  16. the_randomizer
    This message by the_randomizer has been removed from public view by raulpica, Jun 14, 2013, Reason: Useless bickering + replies -rp.
    Jun 13, 2013
  17. McHaggis

McHaggis Fackin' Troller

Oct 24, 2008
    Sending your reps into stores to talk customers into buying your products isn't illegal (at least not in Europe), as long as they don't say anything misleading to deter the person from a competitor's product. Some of the other stuff on that list would probably violate antitrust laws, but IANAL and I'm hard-pressed to believe it anyway.

Could be just a coincidence, or there might not have been enough stations to go around.

18. rizzod
    This message by rizzod has been removed from public view by raulpica, Jun 14, 2013, Reason: Useless bickering + replies -rp.
    Jun 13, 2013
  19. the_randomizer
    This message by the_randomizer has been removed from public view by raulpica, Jun 14, 2013, Reason: Useless bickering + replies -rp.
    Jun 13, 2013
  20. rizzod
    Jun 13, 2013
  21. the_randomizer
    Jun 13, 2013
  22. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Tagged rumor for obvious reasons.

23. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Thank you.

24. Ray Lewis

Ray Lewis Banned

Banned
    Dec 30, 2012
    United States
    Easy there, lol, Microsoft tries to sell garbage as "Freedom and gaming" when anyone here knows it is not. It is control and $ grubbing, lol. What I will say, tactfully here (those who know will understand)...is it is like shoes. Somebody going door to door to peddle some generic knock off as an atcual Nike would be laughed at. YET, so many fall for it. Xbone needs to stand on it's own and represent itself; surveillance device with gaming built in. If a Wii U were packaged in a PS4 box (or vice versa), that is extremely deceptive. Not sure if the sarcasm about "Door to door BS salesmen" is related to apologetics but seriously, most can get the analogy to shoe brands and mis-representation being used to sell garbage. "This is Nike, see the fake logo put on it in Mexico? Ignore that, don't look inside the shoe either, just buy it first." Those things always pray on the ignorant. Not ignorant as in "Stupid" but literally, the ignorant.

I found a DVD a relative had, lol, given to them by a door-to-door salesman. Those people kept coming back, offering to do yard work, offering to help her clean, etc (older woman). I was there and I said, "You want me to talk with them?" Regardless of what it is I demand the f-ing truth. "Nike" basketball shoes are not the same as "Nike of Mexico" shoes. For those who are "in the know" the references may even be funny. I thought it was funny Randomizer, people can speak up if they are offended, posts can be edited. MS is that salesman selling garbage, plain and simple.

25. Chary

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    Huh. Maybe that's what happened to me. Two guys were standing outside the Galleria Best Buy, talking up a storm about the Xbone. I went to the Wii U kiosk to look around, and they were saying some really mean stuff to me about playing a girly, kiddie console like the Wii U, and how much better the Xbox One is.

filfat likes this.
  26. rizzod
    OP

rizzod Not a New Member

Jul 30, 2008
    That's what's actually being said on NeoGAF.

filfat likes this.
  27. Chary

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    Hmm. I'm going to check out the source link then. If those were actually Microsoft reps that were harassing me, I swear, I will go back to Best Buy, and give them a piece of my mind.

Nebz likes this.
  28. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    Just tell them to make like an Xbox and Go Home ;O;

xwatchmanx, Nebz, EZ-Megaman and 6 others like this.
  29. totalnoob617

totalnoob617 Banned

Banned
    Sep 27, 2010
    United States