GameWinner

Take your heart
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sonykinect.jpg

Microsoft has embraced hacker culture for Kinect, and it now sees the vast possibilities offered by a machine that requires people to just twitch or shout for it to function. Microsoft is now planning to integrate Kinect into next-generation televisions, The Daily reports (citing anonymous "sources familiar with the subject"), completely destroying the all-American pastime of searching for the remote. But that's not the most shocking part -- The Daily says Microsoft may be in "early stages of licensing" its Kinect tech to Vizio and Sony, whose Electronics branch produces high-def hardware.

Sony Electronics, in charge of Sony TVs, is a separate entity from Sony Computer Entertainment, which handles its video-game business, but this potential partnership seems awkward at best, and ludicrous at best-er. We won't believe it until a tangible product materializes, but until then, we're going to imagine the ridiculous company parties that could result from this rumored venture.
http://www.joystiq.c...th-sony-for-ki/
Title was messed up "Rumor: Microsoft in 'early stages of licensing' with Sony for Kinect TV"

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iirc,they got Sony 3d videos on the 3ds,so it could happen.

Actually wouldn't mind having this on my tv.

Unless they are spying on us with the camera. :ninja:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
But Apple won't go for this!

Next thing you know, you've got Siri on TV.

"Siri, why don't you go record this channel for an hour or so? Also, get me a 4 by 4 preview of channels so-and-so. Thanks".

*later that afternoon, you and your girlfriend sit on the couch and it's almost le sexy time, when Siri, blisfully unaware what you're doing proclaims:*

"Dear User, I've recorded your daily XXX-GayLagoon TV Special, shall I screen it now or save it in the library?"

*...while the Kinect carries on making pictures of your le foreplay time and posting them on your Facebook.*

Moral of the story: Controllers are better when they have buttons, not a mind of their own.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always thought that the technology behind the Kinect was being squandered, so it's nice to see more applications come out of it. Seeing what hackers have managed to do with it, I wonder what will come next.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And as they continue to try toppling Nintendo, they just can't understand that NO ONE WANTS TO FUCKING FLAIL THEIR ARMS AT A SCREEN.

Reactions: 2 people

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway I would rather voice commands than waving my arms around at the TV.

Voice command>Move my arms. Yes.. People prefer luxury that doesnt require physical movement of your arms/legs.

The Kinect has voice support too. Mass Effect 3 is using it for giving commands to your teammates, for instance. So you could possibly use both movements and/or voice commands to control your TV.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night