(RUMOR) Mario Kart "Switch" will Mix Old and New Content

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Rudelof, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Rudelof
    OP

Rudelof Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2016
    United States
    The rumors don't stop coming... apparently Emily Rogers said that Mario Kart Switch is Mario Kart 8 but with a new and improved battle mode, new characters, and of course new tracks. Also, Mario Kart is done and it should be released the first three months after the Switch's launch, according to sources close to Nintendo. What do you guys think of this? Are you upset because Mario Kart Switch is gonna be Mario Kart 8 with new tracks, characters, and a improved battle mode?
    ----
    SOURCE: Rumor: Mario Kart for Switch brings a mix of old and new.

2. RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Well I would like it if they would bring back having two players per kart like they did in Mario Kart Double Dash. That game was not only cool for that concept but also having character specific items, which makes it my most favorite Mario Kart so far (plus you could play online with it.)

3. keven3477

keven3477 Fresh Prince of Lemonade

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    Somwhere you can never find.
    Any chance there might be a wiiu to switch upgrade plan to people who already had the games, I remember sony did that on some of their ps3 games. Lots of people wont justify re-buying a game unless it comes at a cheaper price.

4. SonicCloud

SonicCloud <3.

Mar 29, 2016
    Mexico
    Somewhere
    I hope they bring back Bowser JR, Diddy Kong and Birdo </3

Probably this may come to Wii U but since Ninty is doing everything to kill wii u so i dont know :o

5. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    No, not upset. Glad actually because I sold my WiiU already. With a mk8 makeover I don't miss out on mk8. Hope they let me keep the dlc tracks tho.

6. MarioFanatic64

MarioFanatic64 The guy who does things

Sep 13, 2009
    MK8 is great, and while we are due for a new MK game (every three years, don't forget), we're not due for a new console one just yet, so it will be great to play MK8 on the go, as well as having new tracks and stuff to enjoy.

7. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Not sure if I'm willing to buy MK8 again. I would do so for SSB4, but not this. Unless there are discounts or trade ins.

8. eduall

eduall GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2014
    umm with new tracks and more characters... ok but willbe the same name "MK8" for retrocompatibility with wiiU

9. McWhiters9511

McWhiters9511 That's Rad Bro

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Space
    i hate mk8. i was really hoping for a completely new mk game but i guess not :/

10. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's official dragon look-alike axolotl

Oct 28, 2015
    Chile
    under your bed
    I just hope they remove that fire hopping shit

11. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    It's basically going to be Mario Kart 8.2. Mario Kart 8 is my number one favourite MK game of the series so I wouldn't mind buying a "Remastered" version with extra content and content that should've been included (actual battle stages than racing stages).

12. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I hope they do two Battle modes, rather than replace it. Only problem I had was that that was the only way to play battle mode.