RUMOR {Likely}: Final Fantasy Versus XIII Cancelled

RikuCrafter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's been six years since Square Enix first showed Final Fantasy Versus XIII's debut trailer. Six long years. When that trailer premiered, George W. Bush was president, Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden were alive, and the global financial crisis had not yet hit. 2006 was a different world, a long, long time ago.

Now Kotaku has learned that Final Fantasy Versus XIII is no more.
Kotaku has heard from several sources that the game, as originally intended, is done for.
Continue here: http://kotaku.com/5927645/rumor-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-is-dead
I must say, I'm really disappoint, and quite upset. This was one of my most anticipated games, ever.

Hope it's not true. I mean, why release a Theatrhythm song for a cancelled game? Let's see what happens.

Discuss!

Source: http://kotaku.com/59...us-xiii-is-dead
http://gematsu.com/2...s-xiii-canceled

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly don't see this happening, I seem to remember the same rumours popped up about Advent Children cause it took like, what 6 or 7 years to finish and it was a great movie and was well worth the wait. I need more proof before I agree to this claim from kotaku.

markdgx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If it doesn't appear at this years TGS, then I think this rumor could be true.
It looks very promising, so let's just hope that it's nothing more than a rumor :(
On the other hand... This might make KH3 come faster?

Reactions: 1 person

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I don't think it'll be cancelled, I think it will go to the next console instead.
I don't have a PS3 so it would nice if it became a Multi Plat title too.

What about the Last Guardian? That is more of a vaporware to me.

Reactions: 1 person

324atk

GBATemp's Personal Chocobo Breeder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I look at it as they said in the article. Even if we don't get Versus XIII, we'll still most likely get gameplay mechanics that were going to be in Versus XIII, in different games. Sure I'd love to have this game see the light of day as much as the next guy but, I don't think I'll be too hurt if this does get canned.

EDIT: Commas, commas everywhere.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Releasing Verses along with XIII-3 for multi-console would be a good idea

Yes we all know xiii-3 is coming, and that it will come before verses.

RikuCrafter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Good news for KH fans, bad news for anyone anticipating this.

Hoping for SE to troll us and announce a release date & localisation on August 31 :D (Dreams too high)

cotyboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indeed it had taken too long, Final Fantasy XIII had a sequel made in the span of the time that should have been put to working with Versus XIII, they were even able to make Kingdom Hearts 3D. I remembered they had to make a huge overhaul with the traversable world map. It could be possible that they'll use the ideas for next Final Fantasy, they've altered Agito XIII so they could do it again. I've waited long enough I just wish it will not take that long for the next Final Fantasy and no I'm not talking about XIII-3 I want a game with the Luminous Engine.

324atk

GBATemp's Personal Chocobo Breeder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed it had taken too long, Final Fantasy XIII had a sequel made in the span of the time that should have been put to working with Versus XIII, they were even able to make Kingdom Hearts 3D. I remembered they had to make a huge overhaul with the traversable world map. It could be possible that they'll use the ideas for next Final Fantasy, they've altered Agito XIII so they could do it again. I've waited long enough I just wish it will not take that long for the next Final Fantasy and no I'm not talking about XIII-3 I want a game with the Luminous Engine.
Don't you think it might be a bit too early to be expecting Luminous Engine games? Also, off-topic but, why did your text seemingly change every sentence?

cotyboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't you think it might be a bit too early to be expecting Luminous Engine games? Also, off-topic but, why did your text seemingly change every sentence?
I forgot,I think the lighting system used in Vesus XIII was Luminous engine but it doesn't seem to be a more developed version used in Agni's Philosophy tech demo, i don't know how the font changed its format in some of the sentences, when I was typing this message,it was all of the same format.

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
I just want a new Final Fantasy XIII game, I enjoyed XIII and LOVED XIII-2 but the later was to short and to easy imho to complete (first Xbox 360 game I completed 100%) and XIII was to much of a grind to finish 100%

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16