Rumor: Kingdom Hearts: Another Dive Coming to PS3?

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Rock Raiyu, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    Take this with a grain of salt but one of Nomura's surprise announcements may be a side-story for Kingdom Hearts titled Kingdom Hearts: Another Dive. Again, it's a side-story and it is hinted that it will feature Riku and King Mickey and what they were doing during the games. The platform announced for it is the PS3 but is not confirmed. There is a website but it is not up but leads to a 404 error so something IS supposed to be there. But we will see.

http://www.square-enix.com/kingdom/ad/

2. Morgawr

Member Morgawr GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    And where did you learn this? I'm not doubting you, but a link to a 404'd page doesn't help.. I can do that too:

"Hey, they are going to release the new Final Fantasy 15 on the DS! Just look here, they just opened their website but it's still down at the moment:
    http://www.square-enix.com/finalfantasy/FF15/ "

3. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Where's the source for knowing it's called "Another Dive" and what not? I haven't heard this before. Not to mention that Square probably takes out a lot of domain names and such for the future. I don't think a link to an Error 404 page, which practically any Square Enix website subsection gets, is really enough for speculation. Kids these days, waiting for another Kingdom Hearts with whatever shred of info they can get...

4. Snorlax

Member Snorlax POSTMODERNISM

Australia
    I hope this is true! D:
    I miss my Kingdom Hearts for the consoles!

5. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    Hey, I'm just repeating what I read. Since there isn't an actual source except KHInsider but I read it on a PSP forum (which I cannot name for rules but it didn't have a source.

6. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    If they seriously make another side spinoff game instead of the next main Kingdom Hearts game then I quit the stupid series.

7. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    Seeing how 352/2^6*(1.618*3.14159) was an abortion on wheels, reanimated, and abused, pffffffffffffttttttttttt

8. Guild McCommunist

United States
    In defense of abortions on wheels, they are fun.

But yeah, if they make another spin-off then it's honestly too much. If the story was good enough on its own they wouldn't need so many sidestories to fill the loopholes. Or maybe they knew the series would be a cash cow and made so many loopholes so they could have so many sidestories. Hm...

Just give us Kingdom Hearts 3 for Christ's sake and then never touch the series again.

9. qdog82

Member qdog82 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You can replace the /ad/ with anything and it still takes you to the same site, so its a standard site not fount page

Here try it

http://www.square-enix.com/kingdom/thisthreadsucks/

or

http://www.square-enix.com/kingdom/adwii/

Epic fail OP

10. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    Well they're not really side or spinoff games, all of the latest kingdom hearts have been revealing crucial details about the Kingdom Hearts universe. I would much more welcome a prequel than a 3rd installment (hurray for Birth By Sleep) because with sequels all you get is just more questions.

11. Guild McCommunist

United States
    "Crucial"? It's just filler. If they presented the story good enough in the original games then we wouldn't need "sidestories" to fill all the unanswered questions, gaping gaps, and loopholes. And most of these details aren't even important in the main story, just minute details that Kingdom Hearts fanboys can rave about. I don't care about Roxas and Axel. I don't care about some random story before Sora and the gang. I care about Sora. Well, not really, I don't even think Kingdom Hearts has a good storyline, let alone a fluent one.

12. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Sorry, but I'm not buying it. The name makes no sense, "Deep Dive" actually meant something given what happened in that video clip (think about it). Unless they've got another skyscraper handy, "Another Dive" just doesn't sound like it'll work. [​IMG]

13. Snorlax

Member Snorlax POSTMODERNISM

Australia
    It was just a link from another source.
    Don't bag the poster, especially when the topic title already says 'Rumor'.

14. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    This news is most likely fake, and the website certainly is. But to be totally fair, Another Dive is a fine name. Good in fact. There's a song in the games called "Dive into the Heart: Destati". So diving doesn't just mean jumping off a building. >_>

15. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    Birth By Sleep is supposed to shed more light on how the keyblades came to be and the world before heartless came into existence. Just because storys aren't told in one or two installments doesn't mean that they're not presenting the story good enough.

So let's say they decide to make KH3 with Sora, Riku, and Kairi. You'll probably be disappointed that they'd be using a new story for KH3, since most of the conflict was tied up in the 2nd one.

16. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    True, maybe I've taken the "it's a game about Riku" link a little too literally [​IMG] Still... it's not quite won me over.