Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Even if it isn't it will be kind of weird having 2 handhelds that are close to, or even surpass if this turns out true, Wii in terms of "processing capabilities".

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Gnargle said:
worlok375 said:
Gnargle said:
better looking Titles like MW2 and Mass Effect render at 720p or below

On my ps3 MW2 runs at 1080...
Really? Confirmation?

Just because the cable at the back of your tele is HDMI 1080p, doesn't mean games render at that.
Whenever I play MW2, it doesn't change to 720p, like when I play Little Big Planet, it actually switchs from 1080p from the hub to 1080p when I play MW2. I'm sure my television wouldn't tell me a blatant lie.

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
Cablephish said:
Gnargle said:
worlok375 said:
Gnargle said:

Really? Confirmation?

Just because the cable at the back of your tele is HDMI 1080p, doesn't mean games render at that.
Whenever I play MW2, it doesn't change to 720p, like when I play Little Big Planet, it actually switchs from 1080p from the hub to 1080p when I play MW2. I'm sure my television wouldn't tell me a blatant lie.
We should interrogate it.

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Gnargle said:
Cablephish said:
Gnargle said:
worlok375 said:
Gnargle said:

Really? Confirmation?

We should interrogate it.
Stay away from my television.
tongue.gif

zuron7

RBYG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
How in the world are they going to fit such heavy stuff into such a tiny thing.Even if they do manage to make it and fit it in a pocket the price is definitely going to be exorbitant.

If this is true the size is going to be the minimum the size of the DSi XL and Nintendo better make the 3DS as fun as the previous generations.

qdog82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cablephish said:
Gnargle said:
worlok375 said:
Gnargle said:

Really? Confirmation?

MW2's native resolution is 600P, your ps3 or 360 just upscales it to 1080p

http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/games/c/cal...036;1314777.htm

XLarge

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
would be really dumb for nintendo to skip a generation

higher production costs
+
same sales
=
loss/not as much profit

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Well if they want to make it 3D and have superior graphics to the DS, they need to make it more than twice as possible (about gamecube without 3D). Probably not too realistic to say PS3/360 power, but yeah.

Mid123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just dont see why nintendo would do this,they already have the money making formula of making consoles/handhelds for relatively cheap and selling at cheaper prices than their competitors.Why would would they change it now?

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mid123 said:
I just dont see why nintendo would do this,they already have the money making formula of making consoles/handhelds for relatively cheap and selling at cheaper prices than their competitors.Why would would they change it now?

I dont see any thing wrong with changing the formula every now and then. Especially if not by that much. and besides when they first started with the DS they said it would be able to create games that had the capabilities of the n64, but most of it was shovelware. About 5-7% was of that quality and about 3-5% was made by their 1st party companies.

Maybe they want to escape the way the games are just so easily made and released on their handhelds.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A year ago I read an article, that stated a cellphone with ps3 graphics wouldn't be possible for 10 years. Not w/o seriously drain the battery and over heating every 5 mins anyway. They did say a O-xbox/wii would be possible within 1-3 years though. I bet it's processing power is between the cube and wii, but closer to the wii. However with the 3d in use it be powered down to closer to the cube.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
HaniKazmi said:
coolbho3000 said:
That is not possible.
Its possible all right, at a mega price.

One noone will be willing to pay.
It's not possible within the thermal envelope and low power requirements of a handheld.

Period.

Tell me: conceivably what processor can they throw into it? No ARM chip is as powerful as what's in the 360 or PS3. No x86 chip can meet those power requirements, even the new ULV 32nm processors from Intel. No IBM chip can either. And what about the GPU? You need something about as powerful as a Geforce 7800 in there. How the hell are you going to cool it?

Fans?

Look, when I say it's not possible, I mean it. At least not literally nearly as powerful as the PS3/360.

The Tegra 2 is a multi-core ARM Cortex paired with a nice GPU, which is realistically still much slower than either of the current generation HD consoles. It can do HD output via HDMI or something, sure, but it sure can't render a complex game of that caliber in 720p.

D

Deleted-247497

BULLLL lol there is nooo freakin way hahaha wtf will they do with that kind of processing power if its not even hd (lol 1080p 4 inch screen) yeah if this was true it would cost like >$9000.

I'm guessing/hoping for gamecube graphics, which would be awesome for a handheld

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really...