Rumor: Halo 1 being remade with Reach engine?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Microsoft's Halo studio 343 Industries is remaking Halo: Combat Evolved using the Halo: Reach engine, Games Master magazine claims.

"Industry chatter" suggests the game will release ahead of the late 2012 launch of a full Halo 3 sequel – presumably Halo 4.

The Halo 1 remake, then, could release on the original game's tenth anniversary in November 2011, said the magazine (reported by CVG).

This latest rumour contradicts public comments made by high-ranking Microsoft executive Phil Spencer.

Last month the Microsoft Game Studios Corporate Vice President said of the rumoured Halo HD remake, "I'm going to think about it from the customer's perspective, and are we really delivering something of value to the customer at a price that they want?

"We obviously have a lot of new things going on, so the thought of re-doing a bunch of things is probably difficult to just weave into the overall portfolio.

"If you can provide real value to the customer, there could be possibilities for that, but I don't spend a lot of time thinking about it."

The question now is, will the Halo 1 HD remake be better than Halo? [/p]

icon11.gif
Source

I thought it was already remade. There's a game called Halo 2 that's exactly like it /stupidjoke.

I don't really see why. There's not much change between the first three Halo games so if you wanted to play Halo's online then just play Halo 3. Reach is decently different. It's not like people play Halo for engaging stories.

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Actually, I think that's pretty good. IMHO, the first one was the best one, although it did need some of the stuff from 2&3, ie dual-wielding and covenant vehicles. It was the the only one wherein the Flood weren't annoyingly forced.
The Library
wub.gif

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would love a Halo HD. The original has the one of the best local multiplayer modes, and I would love to see Battle Creek HD
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Why are you never on LIVE anymore Guild?

WrSmega

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even if this is real and it comes out

people will still play the original or the custom edition on PC after so many freaking years xD

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Reminds me of Rayman for some reason, his games were re-made, and now they're reimagining the series with their new release...

I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing, but it doesn't neccessarily mean that's going to happen...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fudgenuts64 said:
EDIT: Why are you never on LIVE anymore Guild?

My Live account ran out of Gold in September and I never bothered refilling it.

But I really don't see why people would say the first is the best considering they're all the relatively same formula outside of 2 and 3 having improvements. I could see people sticking to the first one on the PC for Custom Edition but otherwise it's outclassed. Most of the maps have been brought to 2 and 3.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure I buy into this yet but it does sound like a safe and sound business move to settle the microsoft team into working on the series.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Fabis94 said:
_Chaz_ said:
Wait...

So you mean to tell me that 2, 3, ODST, and Reach weren't all remakes?

Yeah, like Zelda?
Meh, I'd say there are a few branches (gameplay-wise) for Zelda - I'm sure the same would happen to Halo given, you know, 30 years
smile.gif

3D games
Capcom Games
Nintendo 2D games

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
monkat said:
Fabis94 said:
_Chaz_ said:
Wait...

Yeah, like Zelda?
Meh, I'd say there are a few branches (gameplay-wise) for Zelda - I'm sure the same would happen to Halo given, you know, 30 years
smile.gif

3D games
Capcom Games
Nintendo 2D games

I was just attempting to show how fucking retarded Chaz is.
But whatever, i'm trying to talk sense into Nintendo fanboys.

It's just funny how most of you rant about fanboys always ripping on Nintendo, but at the same time post about Sony and them being dickheads, and Microsoft "sucking your money out of your wallets".

Oh and by the way guys i have a really great idea. Try Halo. You know then you could actually comment on it, not talk about shit you have no idea about.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fabis94 said:
_Chaz_ said:
Wait...

Yeah, like Zelda?

There's a big enough difference between Zeldas. While Zelda is built on singleplayer gaming and thus has significant level design changes, Halo on the other hand is built on multiplayer (singleplayer is quite a throwaway) and does little to change it outside of adding more maps and fiddling with weapons.

EDIT: For the record I've played/own all the Halo's outside of ODST and Reach, although I've played Reach (and frankly it's a pretty fun multiplayer game provided you don't actually take it seriously and try ranking up). Multiplayer is some fun but I still find it outclassed by other FPS games (namely Valve ones like TF2 and L4D).

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
inb4 "lol halo sux" "those weren't remakes?" "milking"...

dammit, too late.

Seriously, Halo has one of the greatest stories for a video game series I've ever experienced. I'd welcome this, as long as it's just a remake, and not adding anything new or changing anything. Just update the graphics.

But there isn't going to be a Halo 4 because the story is finished, it finished at the end of 3. So that's a rumor that's not going to be true.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking +1