[RUMOR] Gamestop to stop Amiibo preorders?

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
Consumers have been struggling to get Amiibo since the initial wave of figures released last year. We've all heard the widespread reports of pre-orders being cancelled and retailers' stocks selling out quickly. It seems as though one retailer has is changing the way they handle Amiibo sales from here on out. After the massive failure that the Wave 4 launch brought to GameStop, the video game retailer has reportedly decided to stop accepting pre-orders on all future Amiibo releases!

According to Reddit user "megamanultra" on the Amiibo subreddit, one of GameStop's regional managers stated that the company will no longer take pre-orders on Amiibo. Instead, stores will reportedly place a sign in the window indicating what figures they have available. There will be a strict limit of one of each figure per person, and for those using multiple accounts to acquire multiples of certain figures, GameStop has updated their system in order to track this information. It's worth remembering, however, that this information is unconfirmed by GameStop.

:arrow: Source

Do you think there is any truth to this rumor? If it is true, what kinds of pros/cons will this ensue? Will something like this put a dent to scalpers that resell new Amiibos when they launch? Should more stores embrace this idea and allow only one Amiibo per customer?

Wellington2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw people carrying 8 or so Amiibos in their arms at Toys R Us at the Wave 4 launch all of which were Greninja. It was horrible. A strict rule of one per person may be the only thing left to do.

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when I picked up my greninja at toys r us, there already was a sign on the entrance saying amiibo line starts here and only 1 of each per customer, and of course there was a line. but an hour after it opened every thing was sold out, I actualy was the last one to get greninja.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My toys r us had about 150 greninja. I should of got multiple and traded them for robin/lucina/jigglypuff since those are the only 3 I still need. Very stupid of me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu