1. Shalashaska98

Shalashaska98 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hope my current switch will still be able to play new switch games ..

2. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    Are you crazy yes we do :lol: we all want more power thts how life works but we settle with what they giv us at mo as nintendo games are still fun

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Dont worry yr current switch will play metroid or youl be able to sue nintendo :D

3. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Czech Republic
    If you wanted more power, you'd go for xbox or ps4.
    We are talking about those 3 consoles only. If you want the power to play AAA, go for the power. Why did you pick switch then?

4. DANTENDO

United Kingdom
    You obviously didn't understand what I said I still play nintendo games all we want is more power and if you don't then thts just silly-what you want play 720p games rest of Yr life :lol:

5. Kubas_inko

Czech Republic
    And I said that I want it as well. But you didn't buy switch because of its "extreme" power compared to other consoles, did you?

6. Shalashaska98

Shalashaska98 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It's so annoying that they making a new console while they don't make enough good games, most games are ports or 2d... Need some more 3d Platformers and co-op games

Ampersound likes this.
  7. Kubas_inko
    This message by Kubas_inko has been removed from public view by Chary, Jan 7, 2020.
    Jan 7, 2020 Show
  8. DANTENDO

United Kingdom
    You edited yr post now saying you would like to see a bit more power but you still said when people buy nintendo they don't care about power- but we do care and wish we had tht bit more but we still accept what they giv us - it's like anything in life if someone say gav you 4 kiwis and then someone else said I'll giv you 5 kiwis same price yr gonna pick the 5-it's all about just havin tht bit more thts all I'm saying and thts how our brains think-its not about being greedy its just wishing we had a bit more power:D

9. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Gambia, The

Just read the text - but then you wrote that magical word.

But silly meme aside, I know what you mean.

10. PatrickD85

PatrickD85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Well, as the Switch only launched a few years ago (2017-03-03) ... I hope the pro model comes a bit later. Let's say next year at earliest.

BUT as long as it is FULLY backwards compatible with the current Nintendo Switch ecosystem. Because well ... I'm over 320+ games in (no kidding btw; https://www.nintendoreporters.com/en/user/patrick-dankers/)
    AND is a decent jump in options, performance etc.

THEN Im in ;)

11. Kubas_inko

Czech Republic
    Edit history says otherwise.
    SmartSelect_20200107-181648_Brave.jpg
    I added some wording so that people understand what I mean (as you didn't).

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  12. DANTENDO

United Kingdom
    I don't kno what yr trying to get at but end of the day you said people who buy nintendo devices don't care about power - bloody hell it's ther in black and white what you said lol - and all I'm saying is we do care and want more power so pls can we end this ridiculous debate:lol:

13. Something whatever

Something whatever Gazer of the East

United States
    indeed

DANTENDO likes this.
  14. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Spawnwave claimed that the full article? indicates 1) magnesium alloy and 2) unspecified CPU "upgrades." If its magnesium it almost has to be a premium handheld version (why would you need such light metal for a box?), so making it a bit more Apple like and less plastic. Combine that with the IGZO sharp screens and we are likely looking at something more focused on being a premium handheld than racing to the highest TV resolutions.

With better materials they might be able to push out the bezels, improving cooling, and run current docked clocks on a 1080p handheld display, although the battery life would likely fall well behind the v2 switch. If they are super ambitious they might allow devs to make patches target 1440pish/checkerboard for 4K upscaling when docked. (I wonder if the current docks are "dumb" enough that they would pass a 4K signal through?)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  15. Kubas_inko

Czech Republic
    Bloddy hell its all there that they care more about the epxerience and games than the power.

16. Ampersound

Ampersound Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Switch Micro! Let's GO

17. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Switch 1.5

18. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

United States
    Given their track record, it'll bring some welcome QoL improvements, but not nearly as many as we'd like. It'll be interesting to see if it's a complete replacement or an upgraded alternative (3ds to 3dsxl or 3dsxl to new 3dsxl)

My guess is they'll either go one of two ways. one, allow most games to play far smoother and have longer battery. Ideally, the same capabilities when currently docked will be available to portable mode, and docked mode that much faster. Second, keep the exact same capabilities, just remove the fan/better fan and remove a lot of the bulk/weight. Hopefully both will improve the screen somehow.

19. WhiteMaze

WhiteMaze GBAtemp Maniac

Portugal
    Precisely. Who is the switch lite marketed for? The only market I see, is kids. And kids, will destroy that thing within minutes. So really, the 3ds and 2ds are better for the kids market.

There is NO conceivable incentive for a regular Switch owner, to purchase a switch lite. None. Nada. Zero.

It's the same console with a smaller screen, undetachable joycons, and without the capability of connecting to a TV. Every single aspect is a downgrade. And by the way, you can't trick into connective to a TV either, or stream with it with a capture card. It's not a software thing. The switch lite LACKS the hardware that would send video signal through the USB-C port.

Ridiculous. Either the switch pro will seriously cater to the hardcore customer, or this is the last cent Nintendo has seen from me. We want 1080p. We want 60 fps. We want triple A titles. Simple.

DANTENDO likes this.
  20. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Question is which soc will they go with? Nvidia, AMD, Qualcomm (doubt that though).

21. WhiteMaze

WhiteMaze GBAtemp Maniac

Portugal
    With all due respect, if we had to wait for a new console release to be compatible with all of its predecessors, so that people with 300 games could play them on the new model, we would still be on the Nintendo GameCube in 2020.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Further, reports, Switch