KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
flcl.jpg

Nacmo Bandai may be working on a Fooly Cooly game for the 3ds.
Hello,

I am currently involved with an action/adventure game based on FLCL (Fooly Cooly) anime for the Wii U. A separate version of the game is being developed by a different team for the 3DS. We started development on both versions of the game in October.

The game will be published by Namco Bandai. Developing for the Wii U has been very painless, and the console's GPU and CPU have made development a very smooth process to create jaw dropping next gen graphics with unbelievable ease. The game's engine was designed to run cel shaded graphics flawlessly at 60 frames per second to imitate the art style and fluid animation of the show.

We have been actively working with most of the old cast of voice actors from the original Japanese show as well as the English dub to return for this game.
More details in the link.

Link via Link

I really hope this is true. :wub:

Reactions: 4 people

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take all of my f****** money.
New animation by Gainax, original soundtrack (pillows), takes place one year after the anime, sounds good.

But yeah, I have a feeling it will be really short and generic beat-em-up type of game. Not much else it could be.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Come ooooooonn Firestarter minigame.
Come to think of it, that IS a neat little mini game. It's like SimCity except backwards--the AI tries to build up a city as fast as it can, and you have to burn things down as fast as you can. And all on that tiny monochromatic dot matrix screen too.

Rockhoundhigh

Man with a mission
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny because I was watching FLCL again for like the sixth time a few weeks ago and I was thinking this anime's over 10 years old now, but damn is it good; if this is true than I have another reason to want the Wii U (I've also been listening to the soundtrack nonstop for the last few days :wub: ). Pure win all the way! :yay:

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Hello,

I am currently involved with an action/adventure game based on FLCL (Fooly Cooly) anime for the Wii U. A separate version of the game is being developed by a different team for the 3DS. We started development on both versions of the game in October.

The game will be published by Namco Bandai. Developing for the Wii U has been very painless, and the console's GPU and CPU have made development a very smooth process to create jaw dropping next gen graphics with unbelievable ease. The game's engine was designed to run cel shaded graphics flawlessly at 60 frames per second to imitate the art style and fluid animation of the show.

We have been actively working with most of the old cast of voice actors from the original Japanese show as well as the English dub to return for this game.

Yoji Enokido, who wrote the TV series, is writing a completely brand new story for this video game. The game will retain all of the great humor that the tv series and manga were known for. The Pillows reprise their role in providing the soundtrack for the game just like they did for the television series. You can expect both new and old songs.

The game works as an official sequel to the mini series. The video game takes place one year after the events of the tv show, and it will feature real anime cut scenes animated by Gainax.

Throughout the game, you can switch between Haruko Haruhara and Naota Nandaba. Haruko can smash enemies with her electric guitar and drive a vespa scooter through the city. Naota can fight off enemies with a baseball bat and rides a bicycle.

The game is suppose to remain secret, and I'm not suppose to tell anyone about this game. But I felt the need to open the can of worms since many FLCL (Fooly Cooly) fans here have been dieing for a true sequel to FLCL for many years.

This game will be your official sequel.

An announcement about the game should be made real soon with official screenshots and a trailer released.

Thank you.

:D

more info added from first post

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must be the only one here, who doesn't think Fooly Cooly's humor is funny. Yeah some episodes are entertaining to watch, but I have yet to laugh at an episode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs