RUMOR: Final Fantasy XII Remake Coming - Updated

t795222_9aa3c1_ffxii.jpg

Update 2: Arnie Roth made a post on the Distant Worlds Facebook page about two hours ago where he clarifies what he said at the concert. Well, he sort of clarifies. He mentions that after talking with Hitoshi Sakimoto, he realized "the term ‘remake’ was used in error". This still doesn't confirm anything for certain, although those that believed it was likely to be a remaster done in a similar fashion to Final Fantasy X and not a full remake are probably closer than most.

Once again, I'd like to make it clear, he only said a "remake" wasn't coming. Feel free to keep speculating away, and I'll be sure to update if we receive any word of an official remaster.

:arrow: Disant Worlds Facebook Page - Arnie Roth's Correction

I will spoiler the original post below. Open it to see the original news about the announcement of a Final Fantasy XII "remake".
According to users on Twitter, at the Distant Worlds concert tonight in Pittsburgh, where they feature Final Fantasy music, the composer, Arnie Roth said that a Final Fantasy XII remake was coming. This was mentioned by multiple users from the concert as shown in several screencaps below.

UPDATE
: I found a video taken at the concert where you can hear Arnie say it. I added it as the main item of interest and spoilered the Tweets from concertgoers.

5useJ3I.png

bnKxqyE.png

TsXnO5E.png

I can confirm the legitimacy of these screenshots from the FF Network Twitter feed, as linked below. Take this rumor with a grain of salt until there is an official announcement.

:arrow: Thanks to Reddit user masterlobo for the information.
:arrow: FF Network Ongoing Tweets and Replies

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
https://www.facebook.com/ffdistantworlds?fref=nf

Distant Worlds: Music from Final Fantasy page posted an update on this for those who haven't seen it.

"Dear friends,

In response to comments posted by fans, I want to rectify a statement made from the stage Saturday night at our Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY concert in Pittsburgh.

Following conversations with composer Hitoshi Sakimoto regarding new concert arrangements of music from FINAL FANTASY XII, regrettably, the term ‘remake’ was used in error during one of the announcements that took place from the stage during the concert.

We sincerely regret any confusion this has caused.

Arnie Roth
Producer and Music Director
Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY"

Apparently it was an error. Either they meant VII's remake, or it was just an error on their part.

Reactions: Muffins

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
It almost sounds like they redacted the entire thing, like there's no remake/remaster at all of 12 right now.

We won't know unless SE make an official statement. It could've been either a misunderstanding and he meant VII, or it was just a slip of the tongue.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.facebook.com/ffdistantworlds?fref=nf

Distant Worlds: Music from Final Fantasy page posted an update on this for those who haven't seen it.

"Dear friends,

In response to comments posted by fans, I want to rectify a statement made from the stage Saturday night at our Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY concert in Pittsburgh.

Following conversations with composer Hitoshi Sakimoto regarding new concert arrangements of music from FINAL FANTASY XII, regrettably, the term ‘remake’ was used in error during one of the announcements that took place from the stage during the concert.

We sincerely regret any confusion this has caused.

Arnie Roth
Producer and Music Director
Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY"

Apparently it was an error. Either they meant VII's remake, or it was just an error on their part.
Or, it could be a remaster, which is different from a remake, and that's why they're issuing the appology.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If post edits showed up as subscription alerts, I'm sure a lot more people would see your edits. I imagine a lot of people are like me and only look at new posts of threads.
I updated the first post with the newest available information. Nothing too terribly surprising. Just that, if something is coming, it isn't a remake, which any one of us could have guessed was the case.
Golly gee. Look at that. I even made a post about the update.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darn, they didn't include the HD screenshot as a single image. If they did, you could try reverse searching it and see if it was found on someone's deviantart page or the like. Oh well, it's still better than some random composer "leaking" a remaster. The source of that page shows it as a single image. Didn't find anything worthwhile. Pay no mind to this guy.
<--

Last edited by Pedeadstrian,

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FF12, on PS2 ended its reputation for quality rpg games, and made the mold for cheesy realism based action rpg, passed off as traditional turn based rpg. For the newer systems more so ps4 and the new xbox, which have some very poor quality games.

PS2 had the International Version of FF12 Translated to English with a few game fixes, so, if no new content is going to be added or anything its just poor taste following after Nintendo 3DS in their current pokemon craze.

Perhaps invest a few of the dollars from those over priced low development games on the psp vita's digital store, and pay someone poor to do the job right, and perhaps remake Final Fantasy 7.

The gaming market is really disguising right now, with the exception of Psp Vita, since it actually has some quality games instead of a bunch of remakes, but its almost time to say good bye to handheld.

I thought ps3 and xbox360 was the last generation of exclusive digital rights, limiting the playback of one article of media to one console per say. Goodbye to the old formulas they are showing their age and choking the game market of new ideas and hard workers. (Good bye Gaming industry, and Hello Emulation based PC rights adapted for television sets, stereo systems, and pc game pads).

(the picture from the previous post, they look like brother and sister, so I spent 30 or so hours in the FF12 until the implied themes put me off, but if thats your thing go the way of Mario)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,
Reactions: Chrisssj2

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As someone who bought a PS2 Slim soley to play FFXII (since my BC PS3 died and its not on the store), I would absolutely adore a remaster of FFXII.

But I'll believe it when the disc is in my furry paws.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-