Rumor: Final Fantasy IV Sequel heading to XBLA?

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A discovery made on Japan's Xbox site suggests that Final Fantasy IV: The After, the direct sequel to the adventures of Cecil and the rest of the gang of FFIV, will come to the Xbox Live Arcade.

Ok, it's a rather slim piece of evidence, but you know what, I'll take any piece of evidence I can get.

According to 1UP, this link http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/games/f/finalfantasy4/ appends the line "details.page/", but if you switch "finalfantasy4/" with "finalfantasy5/" the "details" string doesn't show up. This suggests that they registered the page to ready for a release of the game. This is supported by what Squeenix said before:

QUOTE said:
Beginning with [Yosumin] and [Crystal Defenders], Square Enix plans to release a steady stream of its popular titles -- as well as original content -- on Xbox LIVE Arcade.
I'm also posting this on the PlayStation 3 and Wii blogs because there's a chance it might end up there as well, since Crystal Defenders will be released on all three platforms.

The After is a mobile game split into 12 chapters, released only in Japan. The protagonist is Ceodore, the son of Cecil and Rosa. The game is written and directed by FF4's original creator, Takashi Tokita.

News Source: WiiUpdates

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
An interesting idea. Releasing the games we outside of Japan can't get for our mobile phones on other platforms. Here's hoping.
grog.gif

Oh, and I fixed the topic title.

HavQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
That's a BS rumor. Besides, why Xbox? It barely got FFXIII and currently the original FF's as well as Tactics are owned by Nintendo.
Sorry, no remake of the sequel for anyone. Get it on mobile and learn hiragana.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
HavQ said:
That's a BS rumor. Besides, why Xbox? It barely got FFXIII and currently the original FF's as well as Tactics are owned by Nintendo.

Then please tell me why I, II, IV, V, VI and a Tactics games are on Sony consoles.

Owned by Square-Enix, not Nintendo.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ace Gunman said:
An interesting idea. Releasing the games we outside of Japan can't get for our mobile phones on other platforms. Here's hoping.
grog.gif

Oh, and I fixed the topic title.
Oh thanks, I was going to ask an admin or mod to change it
tongue.gif

Hopefully it does get ported because I'm just starting to get into the Final Fantasy series.

Bryce

Trophies
XP
Country
Law said:
HavQ said:

Then please tell me why I, II, IV, V, VI and a Tactics games are on Sony consoles.

Owned by Square-Enix, not Nintendo.

hahaha.
moogle.gif
Good argument

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
akuchan said:
If they were making a sequel for this game.. it should be much bigger than xbox live arcade
They already made the sequel. It came out for cell phones around the time that the DS remake of 4 came out. If it comes out for phones, Xbox Live seems a bit glorifying to the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all