(RUMOR)- DS Sonic Classic Collection contents revealed?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT- This is now confirmed to be 100% REAL. Sonic Classic Collection confirmed for the DS-

http://sonicstadium.org/news/sonic-classic...onfirmed-for-ds

Rejoice I guess. As long as the games aren't butchered, should be a nice little collection for DS owners.

Ok, I didn't even know there was going to be a Sonic Classics Collection on DS. And this is a rumor, so take this with several grains of salt. Here's what the BBFC rating had to say about the DS version, which I quote-

"n/a SONIC CLASSIC COLLECTION
n/a SONIC THE HEDGEHOG (GAME)
n/a SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 (GAME)
n/a SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 3 (GAME)
n/a SONIC & KNUCKLES (GAME)
n/a KNUCKLES IN SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 (GAME)
n/a KNUCKLES IN SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 3 (GAME)
00:00:45:00 SONIC CHRONICLES - THE DARK BROTHERHOOD (VIDEO)
00:03:05:00 THE HISTORY OF SONIC (VIDEO) n/a SONIC ART (IMAGE GALLERY)
00:05:15:00 SONIC CLASSIC COLLECTION CREDITS n/a GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE"

I'm not sure what to think, this just popped up on GoNintendo suddenly. People seem to think they are emulating some of the classic Sonic games on the DS. Or maybe they intend to port them. I just hope it doesn't end up like Sonic Genesis GBA. Then again, this could all be steaming bullshit...

(and then, we can still use JenesisDS anyways, no? too bad Lordus disappeared, maybe Sega kidnapped him and are using his work. I heard it happened with Steven Snake and they hired him to use KGEN for the Sega Smash Packs)
tongue.gif

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=104774

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sonic 1, 2, 3, Knuckles, AND the Knuckles Lock-on bonuses, all on DS?
I've fantasised about such things for a long time, but can it finally be true?

Wait, why the fuck am I excited? Sega can't even port Sonic to the GBA properly, let alone make a good Sonic RPG.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
Sonic 1, 2, 3, Knuckles, AND the Knuckles Lock-on bonuses, all on DS?
I've fantasised about such things for a long time, but can it finally be true?

Wait, why the fuck am I excited? Sega can't even port Sonic to the GBA properly, let alone make a good Sonic RPG.

I hope that last statement was a joke right? SEGA didn't develope that Sonic RPG; if they did then we will complain about too many glitches like in Sonic 06.

SEGA needs to stop rehashing the same ol' classics into other consoles without hitting a new classic coming out into the near future. Although who knows what SEGA is doing right now at this point, they are due for another Sonic Rush game on the DS =/

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sonic Rush Adventure didn't sell very well, even though it was a good game. :|

I know full well that Sega didn't develop Sonic Chronicles, but when did Sega make a good Sonic game? Sonic Advance and Rush were all DIMPS, and the daytime sections of Sonic Unleashed on Wii/PS2.

Unfortunately, Sega do need to keep rehashing old classics like this. The process is cheap enough and it can bring in a fair amount of money...

As for what Sega are doing? They put Sonic and a bunch of other Sega characters in racing cars.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HOLY CRAP!! Someone listened to me!

I've been saying a Genesis Sonic compilation on the DS would be a great idea for a long time now. This is great news if it actually comes out. Hope they don't bork it like Sonic 1 GBA. Extra coolness if they actually make the Sonic & Knuckles connection with older Sonic's work too.

If they actually make this, then it will be EXACTLY what I was saying I wanted. Somehow, that worries me.
huh.gif

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So what, no Sonic 3D Blast or any of the other Saturn ones? Honestly, The Dark Brotherhood was a bag of shit and I would sooner see all the old games from the Genesis/32x/Master System, Saturn and Game Gear put on a DS cart, at least I would play it. I never have fully completed every game, having save points or some method of quitting the game wherever you are just to return to it. And Doctor Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine would be a nice treat too.

hova1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sorry to burst your bubble guys but it doesn't say anything about it being for the DS. People just think it's for the DS because of the Sonic Chronicles video in there.

Hypershad12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hova1 said:
sorry to burst your bubble guys but it doesn't say anything about it being for the DS. People just think it's for the DS because of the Sonic Chronicles video in there.
I do have to agree with him. But maybe hopefully it is.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already said this was a rumor. We've no idea if it even exists. But most sources are claiming it is likely for the DS. The Sonic Chronicles isn't the part that is making people think so.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like a good collection. All the older Sonics are necessities for any Sonic collection, of course, but I'm glad they put in Sonic Chronicles. I thought it was a good game.

I wish I could've seen Sonic Rush in there, though.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Edgedancer said:
The only thing that would make it better is to include the Sonic Advance titles in there.

+1 for this option, I will love to see Sonic Advance 1, 2, and 3 on the DS plus wifi races on all them...I can only dream...

hova1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
granville said:
I already said this was a rumor. We've no idea if it even exists. But most sources are claiming it is likely for the DS. The Sonic Chronicles isn't the part that is making people think so.
actually if you'd gone back in sources you can see where i'm coming from.
This is the BBFC listing for the classic collection note: it doesn't say anything about the DS, nothing about the gaming system.
tssznews.com picked this listing up and the person writing for them said
QUOTE said:
In my own, personal opinion, given the low-game count and the presence of a trailer for Sonic Chronicles (but no trailers for any other individual games), I would not be surprised to see this instead announced for the Nintendo DS – a portable Sonic collection would make a whole lot more sense than re-re-releasing the classic Sonic games on a console yet again.
well, of course SegaNerds picked this up and said QUOTE
People are saying this could be a Nintendo DS port due to the trailer for Sonic Chronicles there and it seems possible.
THEN goNintendo picked it up and saying it's for the DS without even checking sources

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's Official...Sonic Classic Collection DS
i've been looking around and i found a sonic community based website and there it is official
well...since they have the intels it's best to assume it is

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...