Rumor: DS games on 3DS look better after Update

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It looks no better to me, still looks horrible.
I'll be sticking to my DSLite for DS games, it looks way better. Hell, even my old phat looks better than the 3DS for DS games.

D

Deleted User

Well, I can confirm that Pokémon Diamond and Pearl both have richer colours and are slightly sharper.
I wonder why Nintendo didn't place this notable feature in the changelog?

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
chr0m said:
It looks no better to me, still looks horrible.
I'll be sticking to my DSLite for DS games, it looks way better. Hell, even my old phat looks better than the 3DS for DS games.
I can't see any difference either. And listening to others I know who have a 3DS they are saying it still looks as rubbish as it did before the update.

Paranoid Mouse C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
And listening to others I know who have a 3DS they are saying it still looks as rubbish as it did before the update.
When folks hear about this tweak by nintendo, they expect the bilinear-like image filtering to be turned completely off. Clearly(lol), filtering is still happening, but the tweaks that were made seem to be more subtle than something like filtering being completely disabled.

EDIT: LOL, SUP Tinycartridge.

zombymario

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I didn't notice it. I must be blind
tongue.gif

Feels Good Man

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm almost 100% sure that there was no change at all with the colors, resolution, and loading times.

From the day I got FFIV, I've been constantly comparing it with my other copy on the DS. It still has the same washed out look, same blurry filter, and the one on the DS seems to load scenes a bit faster (unless it's because of the flashcart).

It's the same.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I don't think we can count this as fact until Nintendo confirm it themselves. From what I have seen and what Snailface has said from his own comparisons there is no difference, if Nintendo really did make the DS games look better I'm sure they would want the whole word to know about it :|
I'll change the title back to rumor until there is some definitive proof.

sergster1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion it actually looks better however... I noticed something strange in pokemon black (retail) When I get to the attack screen on the multi battle train in gear station. It lags like hell. Can anyone else confirm this?

Crig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
In my opinion, it definitely has been improved. I tried many games, and there are way less pixels than before. Pokemon, Mario, Golden sun, Infinite Space...

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The colors in HeartGold are much richer. I mean almost annoyingly richer. I'm sticking to my DSiXL for DS games, but Nintendo's progressing. Eventually DS games will look better on the 3DS.

kakarott

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The only thing Nintendo might be able to improve upon is the washed out colors. They can't do anything about the blurry graphics when the game is upscaled. If you don't want it to be blurry, play the game in its native resolution.

RedJiggly

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For everybody who doesn't believe this yet. The game Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors really has way better graphics now. On the older version of the 3DS software, the intro looked like garbage.

I think that with the new update:
1. The colors are richer at some places.
2. They did something to make better anti-aliasing.

Alato

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think it makes sense that they've improved the way the 3DS handles DS games, since as of the update you can play DSiWare games on your 3DS. They might of made changes so those games look better, and then that had an effect on every DS-mode game the 3DS plays.

RodrigoCamilo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I've tested and it's way better than the 1.0. I think They changed the resolution of the 3ds when in ds mode, they should add 3d emulation to ds games. It would be damn nice play mario 64 in 3d
smileipb2.png

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DjoeN said:
I tested like 15 original DS games and the all look like crap in stretched mode on 3DS
The all look on the 2.xx, like it was before on the 1.xx

I'll stick with my DSi XL for my DS/DSi games
Sadly, I only own Pokemon games lol.. and I tested out all of them, not any different to before.
Nintendo havent mentioned anything regarding improving DS games, I dont know what to believe..
Believing my eyes I guess
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte