RUMOR- Dragon Quest X info coming soon

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by granville, Jan 4, 2011.

Jan 4, 2011
  1. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    This is now marked as a rumor until further confirmation.

I would have front paged this gaming news, but i decided that there's really nothing interesting or content heavy to warrant a waste of space. I didn't just want to post an announcement about an announcement announcing that they would publish upcoming details lol! So i'll just post it here. Japanese magazine V-Jump is teasing a huge reveal of Dragon Quest X in their upcoming issue, which will probably be on January 21st. Might even be unveiled at that upcoming Nintendo conference this month.

Dragon Quest X was revealed early last year if i recall correctly (or maybe before, i forget). It is being developed for the Wii. And that's the extent of what we know about the game as no new information has ever been announced. No screens or anything. Just a name and a system. So having news about it should be a pretty big deal. When news is made next V-Jump, i'll be sure to post it up for everyone to see. Or another staffer/member can do it if you see it, doesn't matter. [​IMG]

So heads up everyone, always love me some more Dragon Quest! [​IMG]

http://www.gamekyo.com/groupnews_article16543.html

2. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    I sold my Wii a month ago, if this news would have come earlier I wouldn't have....
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

3. Waflix

Member Waflix El Psy Congroo

Netherlands
    Maybe an English link next time?
    But still, I can't wait until the release of DQ X. I am already saving my money for this!

4. 431unknown

Member 431unknown Greatness Awaits

United States

You still have time to get another one.
    On Topic
    I'm kinda sad that they seem to be announcing it for the Wii tho. I love the series but I really loved it on the DS was kinda hoping it would stay there for awhile.

5. Waflix

Netherlands
    Maybe it isn't that bad on the Wii.
    But let's not rate before it is out.

6. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    I know but then I have to start searching for a cheap model soon, and I don't have enough time atm.

Also, the DS got 4 pure Dragon Quest games and 2 great spin-offs (Dragon Quest Monsters Joker), so we really can't complain.
    Even though they are mainly ports, it's DQ on DS and that's what everybody wants [​IMG]
    I'm glad it's on Wii, Wii still needs some big RPG's and this can provide (together with The Last Story)

7. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    Where in this ad does it say DQX?
    [​IMG]
    Wait, don't answer, it was a rhetorical question.
    Nowhere.
    Though the monster does look like something drawn by Akira Toriyama...
    I wouldn't get too excited. Maybe it's Dragon Quest Swords 2 or a sequel to Dragon Quest: Monster Battle Road Victory, if related to Dragon Quest AT ALL.

8. ShinyLatios

Member ShinyLatios Local "That Guy"

Netherlands
    I just hope it features the same kind of multiplayer as DS had, but then over Wi-Fi! I'd play online with one of my friends all day!

9. hova1

Member hova1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    but i still have to play DQ 6, 7 and 8! and i don't even have a Wii. I bet they're releasing it on 3DS too with some interplay options

10. granville
    OP

United States
    It's not that ad that actually started this rumor though. It was a snippet of the logo that was posted in several places, including here-
    http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=146209

That was posted several days before the link in my top post. And it turned out to be from the same magazine that is now teasing this new ad. Besides that, it's pretty much high time we get some new information about the game anyways. In Japan, all the loose Dragon Quest ends have been tied up. Both DQ6 and DQ9 have been released and they can focus on the future now without having to interfere with the other games' hype.

11. 431unknown

Member 431unknown Greatness Awaits

United States

Where did I say it was going to be bad or even rate it for that matter?
    All I said was I was hoping they'd keep the series on the DS for a little while.

12. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    That logo could very well be a fake. This is Dragon Quest after all!
    Don't most SE games get revealed at Shounen Jump and not V Jump, with a following scoop at Famitsu?
    I'll believe it's Dragon Quest X when I see it. I would be happy if it is though, I love me some DQ, but it just seems so unlikely to get revealed at V Jump...

13. granville
    OP

United States
    I've got another source, says that V-Jump claims the game will be the biggest game of 2011/2012-
    http://aussie-gamer.com/dragon-quest-reveal-coming/

I don't see why all DQ games have to be announced by a specific source. And i don't recall there being a specific source that always breaks the news either... At any rate, calling the game the biggest one of the next year or two is an extremely broad and loaded statement, unless they ARE talking Dragon Quest. Which happens to be the biggest game series in Japan by far. And then there's Toriyama's art style (the character fits the series as well). It's looking very unlikely that this is anything else besides DQ. And if it were a spinoff of the series, they also wouldn't be calling it the biggest game of the year either.

At any rate, the scoop should be here January 21st or sooner. If it's not about Dragon Quest, i will be quite shocked (and of course admit to being wrong and apologize). But that's looking very unlikely at this time.

14. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    It's not something set on stone, but it's been like that for the last years. Happened with Final Fantasy XIII, Dissidia, Dissidia 012, DQMJ, DQMJ2, DQMJ2P... Why wouldn't it happen now?
    The source of your new source takes us back to the same image I posted earlier. It doesn't mention DQX anywhere. So basically they made information up [​IMG].
    And while it does have Toriyama's art style it could also be Blue Dragon or something else, who knows.

15. granville
    OP

United States
    They'll look seriously stupid then if it turns out to be anything besides DQ. Toriyama's style, claiming it's the biggest game of the year, etc. I won't comment anymore on the media exclusivity on reveals, though i will just say that things can change at any time.

At any rate, it'll be as simple as waiting a couple of weeks. We'll see what it is then. Like i said, i don't mind being wrong. And i will opening admit to relying on third parties to translate Japanese for me since i don't know it myself. If it's wrong, i'll admit to being played and won't mind much in the end (though i can't wait for info on the game of course). This thread can get killed by a mod if necessary to avoid spreading of false info by yours truly. [​IMG]

And i also changed the topic title to say it's a rumor, that should at least set the ground rules a little better.

16. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    It might even be a new game with illustrations by Akira Toriyama. Everything he does is usually big, after all!

17. granville
    OP

United States
    Fair point you have there actually. And i'd be interested in that too if it were! [​IMG]

18. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    This got me thinking...
    If this big game is indeed Dragon Quest X, or a Dragon Quest game, it may be announced/revealed before that day...
    The Square Enix 1st Production Department Premier event is on the 18th, and while it's gonna be focused in Versus and Agito XIII, it won't be limited to them. AND if it's related to 3DS it might show up in the Nintendo World 2011 event!
    Or maybe it's too much wishful thinking of my part.

19. Waflix

Netherlands

Most of the time when people love or like a specific game with a specific gameplay, they don't accept another gameplay, or they think of it as a stupid, annoying, etc. game. I was thinking that you was one of them. I apologise for that misunderstanding.
    The rating part was because I am not VERY good with English, and I did mean something different. I still don't know how to say that in correct English... Again, my apologies.

20. granville
    OP

United States
    Would be really cool if this turned out to be a new Chrono game...shame that will likely never happen. And it doesn't help how polarizing Cross is with the fanbase (and as a sequel, it was admittedly badly written).