[RUMOR] Bloomberg claims a "Switch Pro" is planned for Holiday 2021, will have an OLED display

fb-switch-1280x720.jpg

The reports claiming that a "Switch Pro", or at least a more powerful Nintendo Switch console will eventually release have been floating around since early 2018. At first, the Wall Street Journal was the initial reputable source to make such a certain statement, claiming both a budget-minded and "improved model" of Switch were in production, to which the Switch Lite and more power-efficient "Mariko" Switch released a short time later. Since then, fans have been clamoring for a Switch that can play games at higher framerates and resolutions. The rumor mill is cranking out yet another bit of tantalizing promise for eager Switch owners to latch onto: a revision sporting an OLED screen and 4K docked output is on the way.

Samsung Display Co. will start mass production of 7-inch, 720p-resolution OLED panels as early as June with an initial monthly target of just under a million units, said the people, who asked not to be identified discussing internal matters. The displays are slated for shipment to assemblers around July, the people said. Representatives for Nintendo and Samsung Display declined to comment.

Bloomberg's Takashi Mochizuki, who previously predicted both the Mariko model revision and the smaller Switch Lite, is now saying that Nintendo is planning to announce a bigger, better Switch console later this year, with a release date that will be in time for the holiday season. The report claims that Samsung is currently working on mass-producing 7-inch 720p OLED screens, which will be shipped out around July, and that news of this production likely means Nintendo is aiming to use them in their improved Switch system. Bloomberg's source also stated that not only will the new Switch come with OLED, but it will also feature 4K resolution when docked. The article didn't mention any possible hardware changes that would be used to power such a high-resolution output.

“The OLED panel will consume less battery, offer higher contrast and possibly faster response time when compared to the Switch’s current liquid-crystal display,” said Yoshio Tamura, co-founder of display consultancy DSCC.

It seems we'll have to wait just a little longer to see if this rumor comes true.

:arrow: Source

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've had it with these motherfucking Switch Pro rumors on this motherfucking internet.
Seriously, we've had Switch Pro rumors since before the Switch Lite was even announced and so far there hasn't been a hint of any truth in any of them.
Starting to wonder if the person/people who keep leaking these rumors is just trolling everyone.
I'd love for them to be true (although I can't say 720p OLED impresses much) but at this point, the regurgitating of the same rumors over and over is starting to seem a bit silly, the people that keep making these claims are just losing reputation.
My Switch games aren't washed out on my Switch screen, maybe your screen is of lower quality.

And for Gameboy Color games, I prefer this:
View attachment 249876

Over this:
View attachment 249877

Any day of the week.
I don't like either, personally I prefer somewhere inbetween.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I've had it with these motherfucking Switch Pro rumors on this motherfucking internet.
Seriously, we've had Switch Pro rumors since before the Switch Lite was even announced and so far there hasn't been a hint of any truth in any of them.
Starting to wonder if the person/people who keep leaking these rumors is just trolling everyone.
I'd love for them to be true (although I can't say 720p OLED impresses much) but at this point, the regurgitating of the same rumors over and over is starting to seem a bit silly, the people that keep making these claims are just losing reputation.

I don't like either, personally I prefer somewhere inbetween.
So far, the only truths we have are the 7-inch OLED screen, the SoC is based on Mariko's with higher clocks, and codenamed "Aula". That's all we have that's concrete. We don't even have a real name yet.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So far, the only truths we have are the 7-inch OLED screen, the SoC is based on Mariko's with higher clocks, and codenamed "Aula". That's all we have that's concrete. We don't even have a real name yet.
How do we know any of that for a fact? As far as I can tell we don't even have any hard evidence that the Switch Pro is even real.

Lodad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is like the 8th report/prediction of a switch pro in the last 3 years. I really wouldn't be upset about a home-only base station concept that basically mimics the Wii U though, with the ability to connect multiple switches for local wireless play on one game cartridge / digital license like how the DS did a few multiplayer games, with a more powerful station that's anchored to your TV that we could do some VR with on a better wireless display.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's hope the joycons actually work this time

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nintendo markets their hardware to everyone,not just gamers

Sony and microsoft sell their consoles at loss so you can afford (very few will wanna pay $600-700+ for a new console,at that point just get a pc), they recoup this loss from selling in-game content and online services

Nintendo makes cheaper hardware, so each console they sell,they make money,ontop of in-game purchases and content, their hardware is weaker, but it uses hardware that has existed for awhile and is much better understood by the devs writing software for it, instead of using top of the line new hardware nobody really has true experience developing for, then have all the issues like cp 2077

It's called demographics and marketing

If nintendo was so gimmicky, with did sony and m$ fail at copying the wiimote

Nintendo uses weaker hardware, but they invest more R&D, and they are the most innovative when it comes to gaming hardware, that's their sole business

Xbox and playstation, aren't breadwinners for sony and microsoft, at times it doesn't even make them profit, they actually make money by everything else they sell
Fail at the wiimote, that used old technology that estimated your location.

Sorry but hands down xbox kinect trumps thr wiimote and even move.

But you forget the eyetoy, your the controller, so nontendo copy that concept to recycle the cube.

End of the day inferior hardware thst devs are used to means nothing, all it proves is theyve been there done that and its why they dont support them as much, theyll just port quick and easy old games.

I dont get (well actually i do) why fans keep defending they love not having the option to play new games due to cheap hardware.

Its ok, soon nintendo will be releasing a new console subpar to last gen and if your lucky you might get to play all the games it lacked...... and yet again will hear nintendo promise improved 3rd party.

Unless your old enough to know, you clearly see in game stores the nintendo section get smaller and smaller.

If nintendo had the new games i want to buy then id be happy, but i wont wait for another next gen to then be able to play last gen games that i already own.

As for ms and sony selling at a loss, not really they manage to do good, in game purchases are to the dev not microsoft or sony.

End of the day nintendo have been lazy this gen recycling old games and nothing really thats new.

This is like the 8th report/prediction of a switch pro in the last 3 years. I really wouldn't be upset about a home-only base station concept that basically mimics the Wii U though, with the ability to connect multiple switches for local wireless play on one game cartridge / digital license like how the DS did a few multiplayer games, with a more powerful station that's anchored to your TV that we could do some VR with on a better wireless display.
The switch could have done this already.

Have the handheld act as a console or controller and have a dock act as a console and sync the tablets to it to play multiplayer om screen or tablets.

Or even push the game on the dock using the tablet as a 2nd screen like the ds.

Or for the likes of the lite with no tv support, they could have added wifi display and push to your tv over your network or sync to a box that connects to your tv.

But all these nice features would up the cost and we know Nintendo hate spending and would rather pass the cost to the dev and consumers.

In this day in age a measly 32gb storage is embarrasing then adding the cost for large cartridges its like they didnt learn off the n64 at all.

Lodad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Have the handheld act as a console or controller and have a dock act as a console and sync the tablets to it to play multiplayer om screen or tablets.

Yeah, the other switches could download a barebones version of the game that would only act as a multiplayer client while the main console would be a server.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
at this point as long as it is more powerful and had a lot more going on with it I would also be ok if it was a home only game system, I think it be cool if the switch worked along side it, But I do like the switch because its both a home system and portable.

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
Fail at the wiimote, that used old technology that estimated your location.

Sorry but hands down xbox kinect trumps thr wiimote and even move.

But you forget the eyetoy, your the controller, so nontendo copy that concept to recycle the cube.

End of the day inferior hardware thst devs are used to means nothing, all it proves is theyve been there done that and its why they dont support them as much, theyll just port quick and easy old games.

I dont get (well actually i do) why fans keep defending they love not having the option to play new games due to cheap hardware.

Its ok, soon nintendo will be releasing a new console subpar to last gen and if your lucky you might get to play all the games it lacked...... and yet again will hear nintendo promise improved 3rd party.

Unless your old enough to know, you clearly see in game stores the nintendo section get smaller and smaller.

If nintendo had the new games i want to buy then id be happy, but i wont wait for another next gen to then be able to play last gen games that i already own.

As for ms and sony selling at a loss, not really they manage to do good, in game purchases are to the dev not microsoft or sony.

End of the day nintendo have been lazy this gen recycling old games and nothing really thats new.

Or even push the game on the dock using the tablet as a 2nd screen like the ds.

Or for the likes of the lite with no tv support, they could have added wifi display and push to your tv over your network or sync to a box that connects to your tv.

But all these nice features would up the cost and we know Nintendo hate spending and would rather pass the cost to the dev and consumers.

In this day in age a measly 32gb storage is embarrasing then adding the cost for large cartridges its like they didnt learn off the n64 at all.

For one, yes there was eyetoy, but I never had one nor nobody else i knew had one, i remember gamestop selling them for like $5-10$, so I don't think it did well sales figures wise

Two, if you knew your gaming, nintendo never aims to make the most powerful system, they use slightly older but much better understood technology, and use it in a much more cost effective way, rather again instead of using new cutting edge hardware nobody has experience writing games for, have to learn as you go, that's why all ya new ps5 and xbone games always launch buggy and partially finished...

The snes was the only console nintendo produced that was the technically superior too it's competitors, and it was by accident, nec and sega got their 16bit stuff out by (pc engine, genesis) 1988, snes didn't drop until Thanksgiving of 1990

Lastly nintendo doesn't care because you're not the demographic they market to, as I said they don't market to Uber cod gamer that wants 32gigs of ram amd ryzen, amd vega 64 gpu....tbh their stock is doing very well, take in account that their stock does nothing but go up in value with time, I highly recommend it as a stock to go long in

You rather pay 600+ for the newest console and games, spend it all again 5 years later, when you could get a pc and quit complaining:

IMG_20200407_185451084.jpg

:toot:

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do we know any of that for a fact? As far as I can tell we don't even have any hard evidence that the Switch Pro is even real.
Name -> came from a factory tool.
Existence & Mariko -> The hardware has been supported in the OS for awhile (and has been receiving updates regularly.)
OLED -> Aula’s display doesn’t have a backlight, so it must be either OLED or mini LED.

Clockspeeds we don’t know, they haven’t added any new profiles yet.
They could probably do 1785/921 CPU/GPU in handheld and 1963/1267 in docked with mariko if they wanted to, they’re also using ram that’s capable of running at 2133MHz.
Or they may make no changes.

4K dock can also sorta be added to the list of shit we factually know, the new dock (codenamed Nintendo CrdA) uses hardware that could allow 4K60 video output, however we don’t know if that functionality will be used by Nintendo.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For one, yes there was eyetoy, but I never had one nor nobody else i knew had one, i remember gamestop selling them for like $5-10$, so I don't think it did well sales figures wise

Two, if you knew your gaming, nintendo never aims to make the most powerful system, they use slightly older but much better understood technology, and use it in a much more cost effective way, rather again instead of using new cutting edge hardware nobody has experience writing games for, have to learn as you go, that's why all ya new ps5 and xbone games always launch buggy and partially finished...

The snes was the only console nintendo produced that was the technically superior too it's competitors, and it was by accident, nec and sega got their 16bit stuff out by (pc engine, genesis) 1988, snes didn't drop until Thanksgiving of 1990

Lastly nintendo doesn't care because you're not the demographic they market to, as I said they don't market to Uber cod gamer that wants 32gigs of ram amd ryzen, amd vega 64 gpu....tbh their stock is doing very well, take in account that their stock does nothing but go up in value with time, I highly recommend it as a stock to go long in

You rather pay 600+ for the newest console and games, spend it all again 5 years later, when you could get a pc and quit complaining:

View attachment 250034
:toot:
I got bored at your comment of nintendo never been the main leading console for hardware.

How old are you?

Nintendo used to always be the better system, back when it was them v sega, nintendo had the better hardware and version of game.

So be quiet fanboy.

Its clearly fact nintendo do not innovate, they mask cheap hardware with gimmicks and lack thied party support and the switch is an old port whore.

Want to argue it, list every nintendo first party that has not been released on a console before the switch.

Ohh wait fanboy googles on at that last part.

Lets just sit back and watch soon they announce the switch to replace the handheld market and they announce a new console subpar to last gen.

The reason the wii u failed was because devs moved onto the new hardware and already learned its not financially wise to pay a separate team to make a stand alone version just for nintendo, the sale return is poor.

This keeps the market open to nintendo get better game sales.

Then nintendo decide to catch up years later, but still limit devs with the hardware so they either delay new games or simply port its old games from the past gens.

You have denial, ill sit and watch as it will happen trust me.

This forum is full of fans that demand an opinion but get upset when someone says something bad but its based on over 40 years seeing nintendo go down hill each gen (again console sales mean fuck all, its about the games, one fact, collectors will buy multiple versions of each release of consoles, one to play, one for collection)

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hope if there is a new system they fix the drifting issue and improve the joycon quality and I hope they still don’t cheap out on memory/ storage
should be interesting to see what big N does

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hope if there is a new system they fix the drifting issue and improve the joycon quality and I hope they still don’t cheap out on memory/ storage
should be interesting to see what big N does
Fat chance of that, many customers have taken nintendo to court for having the same shit quality analogues on the lite.

The other modles that cheap the rails on the tablet cant keep pins connected to the joycon and keep disconnecting when playing (ive had 3 left joycons do this and 2 right, now it doesnt matter so its clearly the shit locking system on the joycon and tablet, more cheap shit).

Memory again fat chance of that, the opted on a crap 32gb on the wii u, did the same for the switch and considering botw is at least 12gb they didnt plan their digital store did they.

More cheapness passing cost onto devs eithet paying extreme price for an expensive game cart to store the entire game, or have it downloadable and passing the cost to the consumer having to buy a large sd card.

Dirty nasty cheap company releasing cheap shit hardware and gimmicks that become more of a problem than its worth.

Also take botw with all its joycon demo (tho embrassing its the only new console zelda title since tp on the cube) its boring shrines work better detaching the joycons, lite users are pretty fucked.

Same as other games that play better or need the joycon removed to play ohh shit out.

One fan used 1 2 switch as a poor example of s new game, yup enjoy playing that on your switch lite.

Also ring fit, just dance and the rest that support detached joycons, like 2 player mario kart, monopoly and the rest.

Thats why the lite will become replace the 3ds already announced is ending.

Comes the next console (2 gens above the rest).

Last edited by ,

Deleted member 668561

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got bored at your comment of nintendo never been the main leading console for hardware.

How old are you?

Nintendo used to always be the better system, back when it was them v sega, nintendo had the better hardware and version of game.

So be quiet fanboy.

Its clearly fact nintendo do not innovate, they mask cheap hardware with gimmicks and lack thied party support and the switch is an old port whore.

Want to argue it, list every nintendo first party that has not been released on a console before the switch.

Ohh wait fanboy googles on at that last part.

Lets just sit back and watch soon they announce the switch to replace the handheld market and they announce a new console subpar to last gen.

The reason the wii u failed was because devs moved onto the new hardware and already learned its not financially wise to pay a separate team to make a stand alone version just for nintendo, the sale return is poor.

This keeps the market open to nintendo get better game sales.

Then nintendo decide to catch up years later, but still limit devs with the hardware so they either delay new games or simply port its old games from the past gens.

You have denial, ill sit and watch as it will happen trust me.

This forum is full of fans that demand an opinion but get upset when someone says something bad but its based on over 40 years seeing nintendo go down hill each gen (again console sales mean fuck all, its about the games, one fact, collectors will buy multiple versions of each release of consoles, one to play, one for collection)

Dude I own a gaming pc, you slow or blind? Both maybe...?

My n3dsxl is quite nifty with cfw tho

I've owned and played everything since saturn/n64/ps1 im no fanboy of any brand

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude I own a gaming pc, you slow or blind? Both maybe...
I own a gaming pc, your in a topic about switch, read what you said about nintendo aparently not been the leading hardware (my post).

Wrong

How old are you?

Again point back to my post, nintendo used to be the better system with the better game version.

Clearly didnt read fuck all, or too young to know shit.

Deleted member 668561

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own a gaming pc, your in a topic about switch, read what you said about nintendo aparently not been the leading hardware (my post).

Wrong

How old are you?

Again point back to my post, nintendo used to be the better system with the better game version.

You're clearly stupid, I can't argue with stupid, you win :rolleyes:

Prove I don't own a gaming pc, I really want to see what the fuck you pull out your ass

Wrong

How old are you?

If you hate nintendo so much why are you here?

You can't read, as said the snes was the only console nintendo ever made that was the most powerful of it's generation, it wasn't intended to be

The wiiu failed mainly of shit marketing of the console imho, my brother who's a test engineer for intel thought the wiiu was just a new controller/accessory for the original wii, not an actual console, it's actually pretty okay otherwise imho playing on my friends wiiu

If you can do better build your own console and port your own games

My last response:
Opinions are just like assholes cause everyone has one

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're clearly stupid, I can't argue with stupid, you win :rolleyes:

Prove I don't own a gaming pc, I really want to see what the fuck you pull out your ass

If you hate nintendo so much why are you here?

You can't read, as said the snes was the only console nintendo ever made that was the most powerful of it's generation, it wasn't intended to be

If you can do better build your own console and port your own games

My last response:
Opinions are just like assholes cause everyone has one
Wtf you no speak english, i never questioned you owing a gaming pc.

Read my post as you clearly cant read, kindly copy paste where i talk of your pc.

Your a muppit that cant read and quotes like a snowflake.

Point i make is nintendo is littered with old ports.

That is a fact, how many wii u games have been ported over of their first party titles.

Its funny you try sound like a pc gamer but so upset about truth of nintendo to even do this reply about your pc when i said fuck all about it.

Learn to read, or quote word for word where i talk about your pc.

As you clearly cant read and obviously too young, back in the nes and snes n64 and cube nintendo had the superior version (excluding cube v xbox) now they dont care because they pushed their icons more and became a console aimed for kids and market not right for the rest of the gaming market.

Nintendo lost big time on the cube but not because of the hardware, because they littered it with kids games.

Nintendo saw advantage of this as it left the market mainly open to their games with little competition.

So they keep releasing inferior hardware knowing devs move on and only try port its old games.

As said endlessly and you all fail to read and see whats actually on the shop floor, old ports and nintendo cant be arsed and port its old games.

If you fail to see this then you need glasses.

Again, not one word about your pc so crawl under your rock.

Last edited by ,

Deleted member 668561

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wtf you no speak english, i never questioned you owing a gaming pc.

Read my post as you clearly cant read, kindly copy paste where i talk of your pc.

Your a muppit that cant read and quotes like a snowflake.

Point i make is nintendo is littered with old ports.

That is a fact, how many wii u games have been ported over of their first party titles.

Its funny you try sound like a pc gamer but so upset about truth of nintendo to even do this reply about your pc when i said fuck all about it.

Learn to read, or quote word for word where i talk about your pc.

I know how to read learn how to type or invest in autocorrect, atleast use some better punctuation

The game cube was outsold by the ps2, the wii was literally the gamecube with a better gpu, more ram,and a faster cpu, and the wiimote, the weak simple "unoriginal" hardware outsold both 360 ,and ps3,the n64 was the the most powerful spec wise, the ps1 overall outsold the n64, though it was more powerful, programming the n64 wasn't easy

What are you trying to prove to me again?

When did I become a fanboy?

You sound more and more like this:

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know how to read learn how to type or invest in autocorrect, atleast use some better punctuation

The game cube was the weakest, the dreamcast and original xbox were the most powerful of that gen, the n64 was the the most powerful spec wise, the ps1 overall outsold the n64, though it was more powerful, programming the n64 wasn't easy

What are you trying to prove to me again?

When did I become a fanboy?

You sound more and more like this:

Youve just proven your stupidity the cube was just under the xbox, better than ps2 and far better than the dc, hardware wise.

You clearly do not know your consoles and you clearly cant read as you quoted your pc to which i made no mention of.

Like other snowflakes, you faile to accept the un avoidable fact the switch is an old port whore.

The reasons for this is hardware.

Simple as.

Now don't try claim to me about consoles as fyi the saturn was the same gen as n64, dc was v ps2/xbox and cube you muppit.

Now be gone with yourself, clearly your too young to know shit about consoles and likely i bet your a kid aged from the ps2 genre, sorry but i was playing games while you was still in your dads nutsack, back then nintendo did dominate not only games but hardware.

Now, you dont, not until years later.

Last edited by ,

Deleted member 668561

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Youve just proven your stupidity the cube was just under the xbox, better than ps2 and far better than the dc, hardware wise.

You clearly do not know your consoles and you clearly cant read as you quoted your pc to which i made no mention of.

Like other snowflakes, you faile to accept the un avoidable fact the switch is an old port whore.

The reasons for this is hardware.

Simple as.

Now don't try claim to me about consoles as fyi the saturn was the same gen as n64, dc was v ps2/xbox and cube you muppit.

Now be gone with yourself, clearly your too young to know shit about consoles and likely i bet your a kid aged from the ps2 genre, sorry but i was playing games while you was still in your dads nutsack, back then nintendo did dominate not only games but hardware.

Now, you dont, not until years later.

I have taken nothing you said seriously,
nothing you say really makes sense

Btw I'm 24 you idiot

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have taken nothing you said seriously

Btw I'm 24 you idiot

Clearly because your a snowflake, i mean you quote your pc which i made no mention of and then claimed the dc to be what you said.

Either your stupid or your just seeking attention.

Facts i said are true, or prove me wrong, tell me Nintendo aren't porting its old games and planning to port more from the cube.

Stfu little boy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://gbatemp.net/threads/videos-not-working-on-certain-sites-w-ms-edge-browser.645937/