1. limpbiz411

limpbiz411 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm pretty sure something is coming. I can't see Nintendo admitting it til its closer to release or else nobody would buy a switch system right now..

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  2. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Addict

United States
    You seem to not see past your goggles.

Nintendo used to get great support when it was the superior console.

Nintendo are the ones that miss out on the potential market, nintendo only care about old cheap hardwarw to make a profit.

The switch has done a better job at targeting the mature audience but its downfall is that theyre old ports from past generations and unable to offer what is new.

The issue is hardware and cost to port and if it doesnt sell then they dont bother.

But, if hardware was similar it would be far easier to port the current title over.

Nintendo only cares about its own games but saying that not so much as all theyve done is port its old shit over.

3. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    you simply cant have an x86 small light portable machine that is affordable, the switch or any console or device that uses a battery and its lightweight will always be an arm based device unless your willing to pay for 1000+$, so you cant use the same architecture as the ps5/xbsx, and nintendo will not abandon the market when they are selling extremely well.

you can see what happened to Microsoft Xbox one, did it have the power for current gen games? yes. Did it have ports for almost all AAA third partys? yes

then why the hell did it only sell under 50 million units in 8 years? and switch sold 80 in 4?

What would be the point of Nintendo making a console like xbox one where it had everything and in the end it might end up selling half of what they can sell with a console like the switch?

while you might not like the switch doesnt have specs for current gen, you cant argue with facts, where xbox had everything and sold half of the competition at best.

4. Anon_Cypher_

Anon_Cypher_ GBAtemp Regular

Lebanon
    You'll never know. And there weren't only two. There were 13 games in addition to SNES emulation which was exclusive to N3DS.

5. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Addict

United States
    who the hell said it was portable, see you fans just cant read, you see only what you want to see.

go back and read what i put, or if you cant, i stated the switch will replace the 3ds and nintendo will likely do a new console.

console sales mean fuck all, fact is, nintendo have been lazy porting its old titles yes or no?

do you get the option to play majority of todays third party titles yes or no?

do these ports arrive when nintendo launches its next gen, yes or no?

what you still havent grasped which is understandable for fanboys, is nintendo lacks the great option of third party games, you do not get the option to say today ill buy xxx for nintendo and of course, if nintendo gave the hardware then devs would support it with its new titles rather than hope it can make money porting its old titles.

whats more likely to sell, something new, you havent played, or something old you already own and played.

i still bet you fail to see past your devotion for a lazy company that do not innovate anymore, rinse repeat and recycles the same crap these days just to cut costs and make easy profit.

6. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

tell me why galaxy 1 and 2 are held to such a high acclaim then?
    Ah so rocket league isn't new, the crisis remaster isn't new, the doom eternal game isn't new. the crash trilogy wasn't new, or the spyro trilogy... yeah this list could really go on.
    Also "targeting to a mature audience"
    I find that really unlikely, since they really just target everyone. If it wasn't the case 1-2 switch and Nintendo Labo wouldn't be a thing, which is definitely more causal focused tbh.

And have much more powerdraw, and be heavier, and bulkier. Oh wait no I forgot, you likely just want a standard console with a standard controller (standard being having no gyro) see, consoles are having a bit of a midlife crisis. That being they really don't have anything to separate themselves from pc. My computer that I built, likely goes for about 600 dollars (if it wasn't for the silicon shortage) and still run miles over the ps5 and xbox series x.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

lazy ports? yeah I can give you that.
    but "that's all they are doing"
    Uhh... no?!
    I guess splatoon3 isn't a thing, we don't know much about metriod but I'm going to presume things are fine in that regard. we have bayonetta 3 (which Nintendo themselves doesn't develop but I'm sure they have a fuck ton of input on it) breath of the wild 2. Or bower's furry (you know, that thing added to a "lazy port")
    Oh wait right animal crossing released last year.

7. Scott_pilgrim

Scott_pilgrim Nyan-binary

United States
    Lmao browsers furry

8. Seliph

Seliph Big Communism Builder

United States
    Where did Michael Bloomberg find this information

banjo2 and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  9. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Addict

United States
    fuck me another one lol.

support, third party support, when did galaxy become third party title?

also, durrrp de durp, mario is a very popular icon - so no shit there.

one i never said every title is a port, a good 99% of nintendo are ports of the cube/wii u, crysis is an old game ported, doom eternal is again something i did mention, delayed and dumbed down (wow these fanboys clearly cant read for shit)

wow snoflake then mentions some shovelware crap that has entertainment value of 30mins and a lovely cheap nasty carboard cutouts to hold your tablet at face height..... innovadont.

gimmicks are boring, used for so long then dropped, the switch joycons are worse than there worth, but dont care, id rather have games to play that are new and current over a fucking motion control that can suck peanut butter off my nut sack.

a game that takes an hour and is more like a basic dlc map map for odyssey yea its a ground breaking game ohhh wait thrown in with what...... a fucking wiiu/3ds recycled port.

10. MikaDubbz

MikaDubbz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Seems pretty realistic, keeping the size to 7" means they probably wouldn't have to change the size or designs of joy-cons (though they certainly still could regardless) as the screen size could expand that large without needing the body to get larger necessarily. 720p undocked seems very Nintendo, and I get it, at that size of a screen, 1080p isn't a necessity, though I'd still welcome it all the same. Frankly, I'm skeptical of the 4K output, I mean I know that's what all the rumors have been saying, but I still I have doubts Nintendo wants to even touch 4K yet. I can see it happening, but it still seems hard for me to believe at this time.

11. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    Yay for OLED burn in.

12. Scott_pilgrim

Scott_pilgrim Nyan-binary

United States
    She's asking the real questions

Seliph likes this.
  13. JavaScribe

JavaScribe Confused

United States
    If they do finally release an improved Switch for a reasonable price, I'll (try to) buy it.
    My PC doesn't even have DLSS, and my 1660 Ti costs as much as a Switch- unless you're buying right now, in which case it costs twice as much as a Switch. I don't think Nintendo could afford the silicon for DLSS at the moment even if they wanted to.

Scott_pilgrim and Seliph like this.
  14. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    lol for you console sales arent important? but they are important to you know companys, what good was xbox one last gen? sure you had the option to play third party games but that was about it the console failed hard and the ps4 just did more than twice the sales...

So yeah what if nintendo made a home console only that would rival with xbox one Series S then what? you would get awful sales and while you were happy with third party's ports, nintendo would not be happy with the sales, they are a company first so they want to make money. also im not a nintendo fanboy i own every console, well every console except xbox one that is.

i have all nintendo consoles, all sony consoles(still no ps5 sold out everywhere :S) and xbox and xbox360.

you think having third party is all you need, but it isnt, the xbox had all that and failed so why would nintendo do the same exact aproach and expect different results? What sells consoles is exclusives, xbox had all the third party you can think and didnt matter since there exclusives were very few and not very good.
    Nintendo lives to this day because its ips are amazing and their exclusives are great.

Also nintendo did lazy last gen ports? are you for real? nintendo ports had more work in then than preety much any last gen ports

Mario kart 8 had all its dlc included (plus the battlemode was totaly redone and fixed which was crap on wiiu)

poken tournament deluxe (all dlc plus more content and more dlc to come)

mario 3d world + bowser's fury (entrie new 3 hours content open world 3d platforming)

pikmin 3 deluxe (all dlc plus new side adventure around 3 hours)

xenoblade chronicles (entire new story chapter set in new map)

donkey kong tropical freeze (new playable character)

new super mario bros u(includes super luigi u plus a new playable character on both games)

toad treasure tracker (entire new chapter consisting on levels from mario odissey)

Serious compared to other company ports you call nintendo ports lazy? they rarely add anything, they just up the resolution or lighting engine and call it a day, if anything nintendo did some of the best last gen ports content wise imo.

Last edited by pedro702, Mar 4, 2021
    Deleted User and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  15. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

also fixed the battle mode since the og was trash

16. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    oh yeah forgot that, the battle mode was totaly renewed and fixed that alone is amazing.

Scott_pilgrim and Deleted User like this.
  17. playstays_shun

playstays_shun GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I love Tropic Freeze, but adding a character was incredibly lazy for this one. Still glad to have it in my collection, never played it previously when I got it.

they should have included DKC Returns as well, but its still a great game

18. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Addict

United States
    and how many GOTY games do we see that come with all dlc, still does not change the fact that theyve simply ported its old games over.

and no, i do not give a crap if a console sells 10million or 100million, if the console lacks content thats worth playing then whats console sales got to do with it.

the switch stands at aprox 80million if not more, but it lacks the games i want to play, i will not buy a new console to play games i already own, it does not offer the option to buy majority of third parties AAA titles.

thats the problem you clearly cant accept, you buy consoles to play games, why would i buy a switch game when i can play it on the cube or wii u.

the whole, its portable means nothing especially when stated how cheap the console is, we all know how bad the joycons are and how they keep disconnecting when attached after a period of time.

i dont get why you cant seem to accept the bonus if nintendo stopped making cheap inferior consoles to cut costs and add a gimmick to make it seem better, and not do something with hardware so you can have the option to have todays AAA third party titles when theyre new, not years later.

how is that a bad thing, other than its a negative fact towards your beloved and you dont like it, this is how all nintendo fans are.

nintendo used to be my main console, but they simply do not provide the option of great third party titles tho they keep promising.

but i guess if you like to shell out for a new console and rebuy old titles then thats your choice.

19. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    how is it a bad thing? well the price for starters, you cant release a console capable of doing AAA third party ports for the price of the switch.

Second even if you had the power it doesn't mean developers would port their games at all, the gc did not have even half of the ps2 games and had more power than the ps2.So what is the excuse of it?
    ps2 library 1,850 games
    gamecube library 654 games

basically got 1/3rd of the ps2 games even tough you had more power than it, so for all you say having the power doesnt grantee you any ports as the gamecube showed you, developers just wouldn't bother most of the time because their target audience just wasnt with nintendo.

Also if nintendo released a 500$ console you would complain that they still do childish games and they aren't worth 500$ lol.

Deleted User and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  20. aadz93

aadz93 GBAtemp Official Psychonaut

Korea, North
    Let's hope the joycons actually work this time

Nintendo markets their hardware to everyone,not just gamers

Sony and microsoft sell their consoles at loss so you can afford (very few will wanna pay $600-700+ for a new console,at that point just get a pc), they recoup this loss from selling in-game content and online services

Nintendo makes cheaper hardware, so each console they sell,they make money,ontop of in-game purchases and content, their hardware is weaker, but it uses hardware that has existed for awhile and is much better understood by the devs writing software for it, instead of using top of the line new hardware nobody really has true experience developing for, then have all the issues like cp 2077

It's called demographics and marketing

If nintendo was so gimmicky, with did sony and m$ fail at copying the wiimote

Nintendo uses weaker hardware, but they invest more R&D, and they are the most innovative when it comes to gaming hardware, that's their sole business

Xbox and playstation, aren't breadwinners for sony and microsoft, at times it doesn't even make them profit, they actually make money by everything else they sell

Last edited by aadz93, Mar 4, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Bloomberg, [RUMOR], planned