1. mrgone

mrgone old man

Germany
    after its release it will be the new standard for switch games.
    cyberpunk 2077 will be ported over and all regular switch owners will feel like regular ps4 or xbox owners because the game is so bad on their platform.

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  2. Crazynoob458

Crazynoob458 Idiot wii and ds hacker, also goddamn Riolu

Australia
    sure see ya in 3 years
    seriusly this prolly will be fake

3. Scott_pilgrim

Scott_pilgrim Nyan-binary

United States
    I'm disappointed you didn't ask for themes

4. Shalashaska98

Shalashaska98 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    What's the use of a switch pro? Switch reached its EOL cause all Nintendo games were released:

A 3D mario game
    A paper mario game
    A mario party game
    A Smash bros game
    An Animal crossing game...etc so why would one buy this console now? To play ports that can be played on diffrent consoles?? Don't get it, both Sony and Microsoft released their next gen so it's fine for a next get Nintendo console...

5. Crazynoob458

Crazynoob458 Idiot wii and ds hacker, also goddamn Riolu

Australia
    i dont believe the switch pro is true
    when it does i will start bitching about themes

6. Dartz150

Dartz150 Yet another Onii-chan

Mexico
    My guess is that it will use NVIDIA's DLSS tech.

Scott_pilgrim and MAXLEMPIRA like this.
  7. DaniPoo

DaniPoo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Enough with the Switch Pro rumors already...
    Nobody believes them anymore.

Yes I believe Nintendo will release an enhanced model eventually.
    I doubt it will be called Switch Pro, and I doubt it will have an OLED screen.
    I rather not speculate anymore.

If Nintendo announce it then we’ll know

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

it doesn’t work like that...
    if a console sells well they will just extend its life. The Switch is still doing really well and Nintendo have no need to kill the console just yet.

also didn’t you know, Nintendo don’t follow the PlayStation and Xbox release pattern... they do their own thing.

8. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    Unfortunately no, the Tensor cores required to use DLSS are unique to the RTX series. They're the same cores used for ray-tracing. So not only would they have to add those Tensor cores, but also more standard cores to be able to actually utilize those features properly. We'd be talking prices higher than PS5 to try to cram all that power into a portable. Still, there are plenty of other, less hardware intensive means of upscaling which they can utilize, and they'd look nearly as good.

9. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    yeah because switch selling 80 million units in under 4 years its a failure... switch is becoming the best selling nintendo console ever only loosing to the wii, who knows if they will surpass the wii, i think they will.

when nintendo had the most powerful consoles is when they sold less, you wont just throw away a model that sells 80+ million units out of the window for no reason at all.

Switch is selling well because of its hybrid concept, if it was just an handheld or just a home console the sales would have been much lower, i personally hope the switch 2 will keep this form factor because i dont want to buy a portable and a home console to follow nintendo again, one console is the way.

with a switch pro they can make existing games run better and then even release some more decent games that will have enhanced modes on it.Not to mention many people who bought one of the 80 million switches to date will want an upgrade so they can sell more switches altogether.

10. Shalashaska98

Shalashaska98 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I never understood why some games would buy a new console just to play games they already played just to run them better as for releasing new games I don't think there will be any games worth it, check the Wii u or Wii top selling games, their Switch version has already been released (sometimes even a port) so which games would you want to buy an enhanced switch for?

I know they don't follow their pattern, but releasing an enhanced console and not releasing any good games is pure money milking. All new games are ports and thanks I don't want to get a console just to play ports, anyone agrees that the switch game catalogue is very limited and full of 2d non playable games or ports.

HRudyPlayZ and Raylight like this.
  11. DaniPoo

Nintendo don't care what you want. They want that money to keep flowing.. Just look how long the 3DS lived before Nintendo finally killed it..
    And the Switch it doing even better. There is still a lot of nice games coming to the Switch.
    Breath of The Wild 2, the New Pokemon Legends, Metroid Prime 4 and more.

12. Raylight

Raylight Paranoid Temper

United States
    I just got a switch lite 3 days ago. doubt the switch pro will mean much though i mean the dsi and new 3ds didnt

Scott_pilgrim and MrCokeacola like this.
  13. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Well... yes... and no.
    Nintendo wouldn't have to cram that into the switch. I'm playing a bit of devils advocate buuut
    Nintendo could offload it into the switch dock and actually make it do more. How they would get the speeds to work quickly is beyond me. (and I find extremely unlikely)
    The next option (and likely more possible) is that Nivida and Nintendo found a new more cheaper core type, that may not be useful for raytracing, but still can use DLSS efficiently enough for such a performance increase. And really if this is a stock x1, there is no way on goddamn earth it's going to be 4k. Catch 22, many MANY inside sources are saying it's 4k. this one here specifically said true 4k. Either we aren't dealing with the X1 anymore. Or it's a really stupidly customized x1 that somehow someway supports DLSS which I really find unlikely.
    and I 100% agree that there is no way on earth it's using the rtx tensors cores, it be simply waaay too expensive.

Last edited Mar 4, 2021
    Scott_pilgrim and Xzi like this.
  14. ByteBite

ByteBite GBAtemp Fan

Seychelles
    I find the DLSS rumors rather unlikely (due to Nvidia's R&D timing, prototyping/production schedules of the new Switch hardware and component shortages, it just doesn't line up right) but I must admit it would be a great solution for added performance.

Anyway, they need to call this the Super Switch.

15. DaniPoo

I think 4K is just another stupid rumor..

It probably started something like this:

Selfproclaimed videogame industry analyst: "Well everyone seems to be doing 4K these days, so I predict that Nintendo will release a new model that supports 4K"
    INTERNET: "That's impossible"
    Some other wiseguy: "Now now people, What if it uses DLSS? Nvidia has a partnership with Nintendo, that could work"
    INTERNET: "That must be it!! We're all getting 4k Switches! Whoooo!"
    Nintendo: "Guuuuuuys, We don't have anything to announce for like the 3rd time"

Last edited by DaniPoo, Mar 4, 2021
  16. ciaomao

ciaomao GBAtemp Regular

Albania
    cmon, if you think that mario is still cartoon style instead of “realistic”, then you are right, otherwise the graphics have improved massively since the N64.

Scott_pilgrim and spyro3dsguy like this.
  17. fallguy441

fallguy441 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    If it's not hackable, I don't care.

By the way, if the rumored "Switch Pro" is just a Tegra X1+ with full clocks/higher clocks, wouldn't it theoretically possible to "backport" these Switch Pro games back to the normal Switches if we just overclock stupidly high?

18. Foxi4

Foxi4 GBAtemp's Biggest Women Respecter™
    Global Moderator

Poland
    720p? My god, now we're cooking with propane!

19. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Crazy Cool Cyclops

United States
    My honest hope is that whatever Nintendo has cooking next will be BC with Switch 1 games, because I think that the third party support the Switch has got for me personally has been pretty cool considering the kinds of games the Switch can play on the go. But the only reason we got BC with the Wii and Wii U was apparently because of similar architecture, and for the latter, it requires one to hack the system to be able to play GC games. So Nintendo's history with BC isn't as remarkable as it was with Sony's pre-PS4 and Microsoft as it is now.

Scott_pilgrim and Shalashaska98 like this.
  20. Urbanshadow

Urbanshadow GBAtemp Maniac

Your face when they charge over 400 bucks for the "Switch Pro" and the regular switch will still stay at 310/320 bucks (day 0 price, almost five years after right now).

George35000vr likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Bloomberg, [RUMOR], planned