Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendo_dsi_black.jpg

According to this supposed GameStop daily newsletter, the DS Lite Onyx handheld has been discontinued. The newsletter reads:

QUOTE said:
DS Lite Onyx hardware systems have been discontinued and stores will no longer be replenished on this product. Once your store sells through its current stock of this item, please remove any empty DS Onyx display boxes (onyx color only) from the sales floor and discard. Please continue to display the other colors of the DS Lite system display boxes on the sales floor (eye level and above perimeter of DS software section, above the DS accessory section, etc).

This isn't unusual. The White DS Lite was discontinued and replaced by the Silver DS Lite. If this is true, could it mean the Onyx DS Lite has been discontinued to make way for the black DSi?

News Source: Kotaku

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Holy crap. When was White DS Lite discontinued? That's first I heard about white DS Lites. I've got a black DS Lite but had been considering getting a white DS Lite after my DS Lite got covered in scratches and smudges which looks awful.

If this is confirmed, it'll be a very sad news for GBA scene. GBA and DS on one single handheld console was one of the best idea by anyone.
frown.gif

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well sure, replacing it with the DSi seems like a logical thing to do (even though the DSi is fugly)

CockroachMan said:
Cool.. now my Onyx DSL is worthing more!
yaynds.gif
Looks white to me.

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Prime said:
Wait, What?

You have a picture of a DSi to go along with a story about the DS Lite?

Confusing, Much?

That's what I thought, until I read "If this is true, could it mean the Onyx DS Lite has been discontinued to make way for the black DSi?".
Yeah, why not just the onyx pic again? Besides, I thought only the white DSi would be available at first?

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Um, wtf? First of all, I still see whites around all the time, so I don't think it was replaced. Second of all, I'm pretty sure since everyone loves the color black, they wouldn't kill the black DSL.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't think this is true. Nintendo said very clearly that they would keep selling the DS Lite even until after the DSi launch if it was popular enough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1