[Rumor] Asus leaks AMD Bulldozer (Zambezi) specs?

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
SamAsh07 said:
i8 is in town
yay.gif
, or atleast it's going to be.
Not really. the Core i series of CPU's are from Intel, not AMD; it isn't even based on the amount of cores the CPU has.

Like the some others, I'll wait for benchmarks. Seems to be It is the best option for now.

MadClaw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure many people will agree, and won't agree with me on this.

But i think it's funny how AMD's current 6core cpu is better than the Intel 6 core and it's $800 cheaper.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MadClaw said:

But i think it's funny how AMD's current 6core cpu is better than the Intel 6 core and it's $800 cheaper.
That's kinda how Intel works.

MadClaw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
benchmarks for encoding audio and video, compression and avg scan lol
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/phenom...amd,2810-5.html

mmhm, i notice there's no 6 core i7 there. but overall. $800 less at the performance. i dont see why anyone would go intel. even fanboys should feel ashamed

You can build a top of the line AM3+ AMD computer for the price of an intel 6core processor.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MadClaw said:

Err, no it's not. Currently the whole i7 series is better then the X6, and the X6 only stomps out the i5 quad core if you are using the 1090T or 1100T models of the X6 which are faster and overall better, the budget 1055T which I have is not as powerful as the i5 though it is pretty close and can multitask better while the i5 excels in gaming. It also depends on what you are doing, for gaming the i7 wins there, for application stuff the X6 series is better in almost every area because high end applications like Handbrake thread extremely well and can make better use of 6 cores over 4.

Still, I think Intel is going to finally get a run for their money, they have been the dominant ones since the Core 2 Duo came out so I think it's time AMD took back their place at the top.

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
DSGamer64 said:
Still, I think Intel is going to finally get a run for their money, they have been the dominant ones since the Core 2 Duo came out so I think it's time AMD took back their place at the top.
The only time when AMD trumped Intel was with K8; this, however, was only due to Intel slumping behind.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr