[Rumor] Assassin's Creed III's Character Art Revealed?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gallery_177066_262_150475.jpg

If the image above is any indication, apparently Assassin's Creed III will be set in the American Revolution, confirming quite a few rumors about the mysterious sequel.

The art shows an Ezio-looking descendent, carrying a Native American style axe and an American Revolution era pistol. The obvious American flag in the background also helps tie this all together.

This image is allegedly leaked by a Best Buy employee. There's been no word from Ubisoft on the matter, but given the quality of the art and rumors about the American Revolution setting, this seems like a rather plausible conclusion. Ubisoft has also announced that a "major announcement" will be coming next Monday. Could it possibly be an official reveal?

An October 30th release has already be confirmed for the third installment of Assassin's Creed, with the Playstation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U, and PC being the platforms.

:arrow: Source

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Well I am studying America at the moment, but this will be released way after I finish.
Time to watch more people from my year act like Assassin's..... The sad part is that I'm in year 11.....

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I just found another rumor which suggests that it will be announced on the 5th of March.
http://wiiublog.com/blog/2012/3/1/assassins-creed-3-to-be-announced-for-the-wii-u-on-march-5th.html
Based on the official facebook page saying "big announcement a few days away" and that a few generally means 3 unless they used the word in a different way.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Epic art, that's for sure. I'm busy with AC 2, it's entertaining as hell and they definitely learned a lot from the mistakes they made in AC 1. I'm curious what they'll do with the bulletaction, they can't handle it the same as with arrows.
Hopefully it's on PC at launch too, wouldn't like to wait too long for this :P

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just found another rumor which suggests that it will be announced on the 5th of March.
http://wiiublog.com/...-march-5th.html
Based on the official facebook page saying "big announcement a few days away" and that a few generally means 3 unless they used the word in a different way.
I think its suppose to be announced today via Game Informer. I may be wrong though.

Anyway, I'm excited. I still haven't played Revelations yet, I really should get on that. And playing as a Native American during the American Revolution is a different change of pace for the series.

soliunasm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is going to be interesting.

Also where is the hidden blade? His braces look too tight to actually fit one in there.
Look at his right arm, that looks big enough to hide the blade. The left one doesn't look like it could hold anything though, maybe a poison shooter or something.

I'm worried about this though, Desmond is going to play a bigger part, so I'm wondering if they're going to rework the shooting portion of the game or not, unless they banned guns in the year 2000.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember reading somewhere that Ubisoft did a public poll asking where AC3 should be, and most of the votes were for Egypt. This conflicts with that, so it's hard to discern which one is fact and which is fiction. I can understand they'd want to have the past in this game too, since the AC series is centered around Desmond and the Animus. You can't have a good AC game without having the Animus, but from what I can tell, either history location will be used for Animus required events, while at the same time I get the feeling they will also have Desmond do a lot of things outside the Animus now. I believe AC3 will have equal use of another historical assassin and Desmond, using the Animus to figure out the past of a location, and Desmond to unlock it now.

Either way, I seriously hope this will be a kick ass game, even though we lost Ezio and now have to like another ancestor. Ubisoft really raised the bar with the Ezio story arc.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
they need to do something about the environment and atmosphere of the game. revelations was quite dull and the environment felt a little quiet and gloomy rather than the awesome AC2 florence or even ACB rome.
i just hope there are new gameplay elements and techniques.

I am a really great fan of AC and i cant say any has been okay (as they all have been good) but it seems to be dying since the gameplay seems to hv repeated itself a lot from ACB to ACR.

then again, the topic is about the image and i must say that at least this time, no italian accent throughout. also i dont see any special weapon in there.

look at the bottom right part of the image above, looks like a ubisoft symbol AND YES its not the chinese girl from embers.

Klx5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the game is really set in the American revolution, what is he going to climb? trees? there wasn't any big structures at the time.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://wiiublog.com/...-march-5th.html

Ubisoft has also announced that a "major announcement" will be coming next Monday. Could it possibly be an official reveal?

Also any site that is (consolename)blog.com is terrible.

EDIT: But this new setting definitely opens up a lot of opportunities. Revolutionary era America had its cities and stuff but they certainly weren't as large as the European ones of past Assassin's Creed games. Plus the whole "Native American" vibe suggests something more outdoorsy and open. I'm thinking there might be a camouflage mechanic ala MGS3 and freeclimbing could be expanded to trees and such.

Whatever it is, perhaps it'll provide some need revitalization to a franchise which is almost hitting the "dry" phase. Brotherhood was excellent and added some new (and interesting) mechanics but I've heard Revelations is much of the same. I'm guessing this drastic new setting will provide some interesting new stealth tactics and weaponry to use.

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DarkCrudus beat me to it, but they're trying to beat the link by posting the box art on Facebook. Roll on the announcement.. and hopefully a trailer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @RedColoredStars My condolences, was that your cat? +1