heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nintendo Network App? Speeds up system?

Doesn't sound that Nintendo.
If Wii U and 3DS are meant to have some sort of shared N+ account, an app would be appropriate, unless Nintendo Network is implanted in the E-shop which most likely to be but I guess an app would be handy too.

Looking below yeah they definitely need an app or something to handle the below services under Nintendo Network.

nintendo-network.jpg

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
* Increases the system security with automatic security updates.
Hmm, hasn't this been a feature for some time now? They've been advertising automatic updates for a while. Perhaps this means something new?
Then again, they've also been advertising something along the lines of "your 3DS can download software via spotpass whilst in sleep mode", And how much has that done...?
MIne downloaded all the free apps without me knowing. Yes even the demos.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
BTW, 3.00000000000.4 or 5 added QR code reading, press R on the menu and look at the top screen.
But that's general QR code reading, this is for redeeming purchased stuff. Like buying a VC game on PC and then scanning the QR code to download
I guess, but the only differences would be the QR code itself, not something you'd need to update on the 3DS.
currently eshop://[appid] brings you to the page where you can view info, download, see ratings. They could do eshop://[appid]/download with the QR code.

Nintendo Network App? Speeds up system?

Doesn't sound that Nintendo.
If Wii U and 3DS are meant to have some sort of shared N+ account, an app would be appropriate, unless Nintendo Network is implanted in the E-shop which most likely to be but I guess an app would be handy too.

Looking below yeah they definitely need an app or something to handle the below services under Nintendo Network.

nintendo-network.jpg
I don't see what needs to be an app.
Mario Kart 7 has communities already.
eShop is going to handle the add-on sales.
eShop is going to handle the digital sales of packaged software.
Wii U is unrelated to the 3DS, at most it'll be linked within the eShop to carry over your account, and the Wii might get an app similar to the DSi did.

Hmm, hasn't this been a feature for some time now? They've been advertising automatic updates for a while. Perhaps this means something new?
Then again, they've also been advertising something along the lines of "your 3DS can download software via spotpass whilst in sleep mode", And how much has that done...?
How'd you do that?
I want to do that.

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
How'd you do that?
I want to do that.
It's in settings, I just closed it, came back to it about 3 hours later(The day I got it, I.E., yesterday) And it downloaded every demo, and every game (Free ones of course). It's in spotpass settings.

roastable

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How'd you do that?
I want to do that.
It's in settings, I just closed it, came back to it about 3 hours later(The day I got it, I.E., yesterday) And it downloaded every demo, and every game (Free ones of course). It's in spotpass settings.
I've got mine checked off and that hasn't happened... Then again I downloaded the demos as soon as they got on the eShop, so it wouldn't have gotten a chance to download via spotpass :P

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
* Ability to access Nintendo eShop account from other internet enabled devices including computers and smartphones.
* Ability to update physical Nintendo 3DS Games via Nintendo Shop (DLC feature).
^These are the two features I'm looking forward to the most. :yaynds:
Personally I would rather have that "download retail games from the eShop" feature. No waits for Heroes of Ruin.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Increases the system security with automatic security updates
sounds like Windows to me
But you can turn them off in Windows. Hopefully you can do the same with the 3DS.
I'm pretty sure you can, there's an option to turn off Spotpass (for every game and.the system itself) in settings so why would updates be any different?

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But you can turn them off in Windows. Hopefully you can do the same with the 3DS.
I'm pretty sure you can, there's an option to turn off Spotpass (for every game and.the system itself) in settings so why would updates be any different?
2UQyY.jpg

?

:I Thats not what I meant.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-snip-
?

:I Thats not what I meant.
Well, it'd work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9p0iK877W4