[RUMOR] Activision is butthurt about Blops 2 on WiiU

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by ShadowSoldier, Mar 2, 2013.

1. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    They talk about ports being on WiiU, how WiiU owners want them but won't buy them. Which is funny because I don't think people want ports because they're usually crap. I think WiiU owners (such as myself) want a dedicated version that runs properly.

It's a Nintendo launch console, so obviously people aren't going to get something like Blops 2 right away. I'd say the more there is, the bigger the fanbase will grow.

Oh that's right, forgot, Activision speaks for every publisher.

Source

It's funny, Mass Effect 3 was shipped to WiiU, while the other consoles got the trilogy release. Black Ops 2 was shipped to the WiiU but has no plans for DLC coming to it (Even though apparently they said Nuketown 2025 was going to ship with it). People just don't want poor ports. Put some effort into it, and people will buy. Don't make them feel like they're being left behind.

(dammit, forgot to put Rumor in title. Mods, help me out?)

silver_ryder, SuzieJoeBob and kehkou like this.

2. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    Why would we buy a game with the exact same shitty graphics as the PS3 and 360 versions? Also, it's Call of Duty, Nintendo fans tend not to buy that kind of crap because it's a mediocre franchise that has had it's time in the sun and has been rehashed to death.

Edit: And yes, when you do a half assed port, no one is going to buy it. It's amusing that not only once, but twice, a Call of Duty game flopped in sales, and one flopped in reviews pretty hard and that was Declassified. What does Activision expect when they hand off certain versions to smaller teams and give them the exact same time frame as the other platforms to get the games done? Activision doesn't want to provide the content and the quality, yet they have the stones to bitch when people refuse to buy their products because they are garbage.

Bladexdsl likes this.
  3. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Canada
    Well in all honesty, it was launched with a console with a bunch of other games available too. So obviously people aren't going to flock to it. Next year? Maybe.

4. XDel

Member XDel Author of the Alien Breed Odamex Projekt.

United States
    I feel the same, and honestly the main reason I end up buying (and clinging to) my Nintendo's if for those first party releases...

Metroid, Mario, Wario, Yoshi, Zelda, etc.

The thing is though that most companies are not used to thinking like Nintendo. Nintendo builds a console for it's hardware innovations generally, and they build it with a certain game play mechanic in mind, where as most developers are accustomed to churning out your run of the mill titles that play with a PSX-esque dual analog control pad, and are intended to be ported to multi-platforms using that general and well established control interface. For this reason they just keep doing what they always do and that is produce more games of this like and port them to Nintendo, treating the Nintendo like it is just any other console when in fact it is not, or at least that is not the direction Nintendo would like to take it.

I guess for 3rd party companies, they don't want to take a risk of spending too much time and money on a Nintendo only title and one that will attempt to try new things with the play mechanics. The video game world as of late has been more about playing it safe than it is about being innovative. Though I hope that gamers will eventually tire of the current gaming trends and will start to hunger for variety again, which is part of what made gaming so interesting in the late 80's and early 90's, experimentation.

Bladexdsl likes this.
  5. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    Maybe, but you have to remember that they will always be hard pressed to compete with Nintendo's IP's for sales if they release the game at any point when a big title has either just been released or is about to be released. Nintendo fans can be a bit fickle, but if anything we are devoted to the franchises that Nintendo makes and 3rd parties really haven't been good to Nintendo home consoles for many years now in terms of creating quality games and trying to match the type of appeal that Nintendo franchises have.

6. Psionic Roshambo

Member Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Shooter #5834 experienced bad sales on a launch system during a non holiday season?

I am surprised by this! What's next Activision are you going to tell us the crappy port on the Vita also had horrible sales too? (In defense of the Vita's version it was pretty crap so yeah the sales should have sucked.)

In other news water is wet and when I put table salt in my eye it hurts.

gamewizard and Bladexdsl like this.
  7. chavosaur

Reporter chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip
    United States
    Blops2 on Wii-u is shit though...
    It's a teribad port and they should feel bad.
    Me and Devin tried for like a half hour just to make one measly private match and we couldn't even do that.
    Online is crap, which is the only thing COD has going for it anyway.
    Not too say I don't like COD (hell I put over 1000 hours into BLOPS), but seriously, this version of the game is just bad. Or rather, it's just the system it's for that makes it bad. There's not enough player support like there is on 360/ps3.

Sterling and gloweyjoey like this.
  8. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Canada
    Weird, you must have been trying to set up a private match when the servers were going down. Me and him sat one up no problem.

9. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    The thing is. People who love CoD have already got their fill on the PS3/PC/360. Give the Wii U a CoD that is released at the same time as the other version. And actually make it good. Fix the darn servers, fulfill your promises on at least Nuketown, and put a little more emphasis on the gamepad. Not too much, but make something optional like controlling pointstreaks with it or whatever.

chavosaur likes this.
  10. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    DAE Activision bad?

finkmac likes this.
  11. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    A bit off-topic , but Ea and Nintendo disagreement with Origin may be true.

Now about this thread, without bashing them on a rumor, maybe it's just time for a genre to come up and get popular.

ferofax likes this.
  12. chavosaur

pip
    United States
    May have been, not entirely sure what the problem was, we hadn't tried since.

13. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    I'll kick both your arses later tonight when I get the time. Be warn SS is a mine whore. But I've learned in the ways of the C4 whoring.

14. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Canada
    I use them when someone is camping :) Also, you'd do well to get yourself a pro controller Devin, then you might not suck

15. chavosaur

pip
    United States
    Comment on my facebook when your on, I'll take you both on ^O^ been awhile since I used my FAL :wub:

Btw to return to the topic for a second, I think wii targeting controls should have been taken out of the game.
    Every so often there will be someone using me online, and they are such BS ways of killing people.

16. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    You going to cry Activision? Wahhhh, you gonna cry?!?

So much butthurt in their words and I should know a thing or two about that.

Warrior522 and Bladexdsl like this.
  17. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    People use you online, eh? :creep:

Anyways, so a shitty port is failing on a recently launched, slow-selling console, when has that ever not been the case?

chavosaur and The Catboy like this.
  18. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Canada
    I actually don't know. Getting disconnected a lot from games. AND THIS IS THE BEST VERSION!?!?

19. chavosaur

pip
    United States
    Damn apples spell check....

20. donaldgx

Member donaldgx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    fk EA anyway, last ea game I legitimately played on a nintendo console was FIFA 99 for n64