Hacking [Rumor] A lot of players bricked their 3DS by ROM/CIA-upgrading GW 3.01 Downgraded 4.x's emuNAND

MelonGx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
As the topic.
I don't know why it has happened.

I can just advice everybody:
1) Create emuNAND BEFORE Downgrading!
2) DO NOT use ROM/CIA method to upgrade any GW 3.01 created emuNAND! Use Wi-Fi only!

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what the fuss is about. I downgraded to 4.2 using Gateway Ultra 3.0.1. Then upgraded sysnand to 7.2 using Pokemon Alpha Sapphire retail cart. I was planning on using a Smash Bros Rom to update sysnand to 8.x...But not sure if I really have need for that at the moment. :P

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question... I cant do this Gateway thing without my 8.1 since my console doesnt have the browser correct? should i wait for the other exploit?

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
Trophies
XP
Country
WiFi isn't the issue, my upgrade failed midway through updating emuNAND. The update system doesn't update during the download for that purpose of connection failure.

Reactions: Zidapi

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bricked mine this morning. some background - goal was to re-enable ak2i once I heard usa dg to 4.2. I did this:

attempted to update system nand past 4.5 because you can't dg to 4.2 from 4.5 by booting gw mode while holding up. then loaded up a 8.1 rom and accepted the update agreement. black screen brick on restart. tried a second rom - black screen brick. tried a third 5.x rom - black screen brick. then rented dream team cart - updated to 5.x then downgraded to 4.2. still ak2i inop - used cearps flashcardtimewarp.cia and now ak2i works.

fyi - I hard modded my sysnand for write and the 3ds does not blue screen. after triple checking my work I decided to just plug it in after waiting 10 second on 3ds start up and my pc recognized it and I was able to write back my nand no problem - as if it was blue screened.

at that time I had no emunand, and of course I had a sysnand backup from a few years ago (4.5)

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Why do ppl use cia to upgrade the emunand?

some people don't have wifi on their 3ds, some people want to upgrade to a specific fw version ( without having a game/rom to update from)
i'm certain that as long as you do NOT install the n3ds system titles you will be fine.
but of course, it's a risk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...