Hardware [Rumor?]3DS firmware update comming March 20th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimzonEyed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I was reading on wikipedia about the 3DS system software, then I found that there will be an update on march 20.

I know wikipedia isn't a good source for information but does anyone know something about this?

New feature's:
  • Ability to access Nintendo eShop account from other internet enabled devices including computers and smartphones. This system update will allow users to take pictures of QR codes with the 3DS from the other device’s screen to redeem purchased content.
  • Ability to update physical Nintendo 3DS Games via Nintendo eShop (DLC feature)
  • A brand new mode for the Nintendo 3DS system eShop.
  • This update will add the Nintendo Network to the 3DS

Untrusted Source: http://en.wikipedia....Update_releases

EDIT: Anyone could care to fix the spelling error in the topic title?

Reactions: 2 people

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i think wikipedia is a great source. whithout it i wouldn't know that windows was realesed yesterday. :P
yeah nintendo network now? i doubt it.
btw title fail.

Giratina3

Official Lilac of GBATemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice update but we all know what's coming

Flashcards blocked yet again, tbh i REALLY don't see a problem with them right now?
If it was a flashcard that could run 3DS roms i can understand, but DS roms? Nintendo, this is the "3"DS not the DS.....
Oh well... after the 20th the waiting begins again til the Acekard's and stuff get unblocked.

loco365

Trophies
XP
If I could access my eShop account from my PC... That'd be a huge step forward for Nintendo.

But I wonder what...

A brand new mode for the Nintendo 3DS system eShop.

...means.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I could access my eShop account from my PC... That'd be a huge step forward for Nintendo.
I've love to be able to download onto my PC the eShop games and demos and then transfer to my 3DS. My wired connection is fantastic but wireless seems nonexistent for my 3DS, everything else picks it up well but the 3DS. Seems even worse than the Wii connection.

So far I'm getting stuff while I'm at McDonalds...even then while the wifi bars (or whatever they're called) are at the highest, its still pretty slow to download something small.

Anyway the update will probably have something to do with Kid Icarus, there have been rumours of some thing that I can't remember.

Reactions: 1 person

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I've love to be able to download onto my PC the eShop games and demos and then transfer to my 3DS. My wired connection is fantastic but wireless seems nonexistent for my 3DS, everything else picks it up well but the 3DS. Seems even worse than the Wii connection.

So far I'm getting stuff while I'm at McDonalds...even then while the wifi bars (or whatever they're called) are at the highest, its still pretty slow to download something small.

Anyway the update will probably have something to do with Kid Icarus, there have been rumours of some thing that I can't remember.
Yeah, the 3DS wifi module is pretty bad, but it also depends on the router. I had to buy a new one because of it.
With my old one, everything worked fine except for my 3DS, only 1-2 out of 4 "download spheres" when getting stuff from the eShop for example.
But it I got perfect signal no matter where I was standing at a friends house even if we both have the same Internet connection speeds.

matt382

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, if there is the feature to access the eShop accounts from other devices, is there a chance of a possible exploit somewhere? Probably not, but still, it's speculation.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
These features were announced in like the september/october Nintendo direct last year, Nintendo said they would be out in 2012 sometime, so seems likely.

hack_ziro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

But I wonder what...

...means.
I'd say Nintendo Network.

"wild ANONYMOUS appeared"
"ANONYMOUS(wild) used "HACK""
"it's super effective!"
"E-SHOP has fainted..."

Reactions: 1 person

Critica1

Trophies
Website
www.onehitgamer.com
XP
Country
United States
Seems like a cool update. The eShop is finally going under those major changes annouced 2 months, but I wonder what the new mode is for the eShop. It might possible have to do with fact of having more devices being allowed to access the eShop and not just from the 3DS.

of course " improving system stability" should be added long the lines haha

CrimzonEyed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

But I wonder what...

...means.

"it's super effective!"
"E-SHOP has fainted..."
wasn't there a hacking group (idk if it was anonymous or some other one(I think it was lulzSec) that didn't hack nintendo because they like nintendo?

loco365

Trophies
XP

But I wonder what...

...means.

"it's super effective!"
"E-SHOP has fainted..."
wasn't there a hacking group (idk if it was anonymous or some other one(I think it was lulzSec) that didn't hack nintendo because they like nintendo?
Yeah. lulzSec liked the N64 and they stopped plans to hack NoA's site.

hack_ziro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
"it's super effective!"
"E-SHOP has fainted..."

well...the problem is anyone can say " i am anonymous" or "i am *insert hacker group*"
there might be nintendo haters within them or not

D

Deleted-236924

Being able to access our eShop account using a computer would imply being able to buy content by going to a certain website from Nintendo.
Wouldn't that imply being able to buy games with a credit card directly on the internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning