Rumble pack rumbles all the time like crazy, what to do?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Fel, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Fel
    OP

Member Fel GBAtemp's Adventurer

Czech Republic
    I just tried out my rumble pack today, but whenever I insert it, it just rumbles like crazy...or rather, buzzes, it doesn't really move much. Is this normal? Isn't there some kind of setting to make it work like it should, so that it rumbles only during a game when the circumstances are met?

It really scared me the first time, I first tried out my GBA expansion, then put in the rumble and accidentally clicked on a GBA game - it immediately began buzzing and because it sounded a lot like if the internal drive was spinning really fast or just overheating or something, I switched it off. Whew, that scared me. So I tried taking it out, starting a NDS rumble compatible game (Metroid Prime Hunters) and it was buzzing again. I tried it with Pokemon Dash too, but to no avail, it just buzzes all the time...(but I never actually had the nerve to start playing the game with it, I only switched the game on, inserted it, and when it was still buzzing while the intro screens were going by, I just gave up on it and took it out).

2. Sumea

Member Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Finland
    It is not normal, better be careful with that that nothing happens to your ds, take it out, clean contacts, see if it does it again.

IT IS NOT NORMAL, happens normally to me and i get freaked out by it every time.

3. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    Make sure you plug it in before turning on your DS. The same thing happened to me with my rumble pack at first.

4. nitrostemp

Member nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Note: don't put your rumble pack in while the ds is on

5. Fel
    OP

Czech Republic
    Oh, so I have to put in first and then click on a game? Cool, thanks! I'm gonna go and try it out!

6. DeltaBurnt

United States
    No, put in your rumble pack then turn on your DS, goto your m3, and then click the game.

7. Fel
    OP

Czech Republic
    Yup, that's what I meant, I just forgot to add the when it's off. It's working now, thanks guys!! But, I found out that it doesn't rumble much, only really a tiny bit, when playing MPH (the first time you get into a battle with those tiny aliens and get hit), so...I'm not really gonna use it after all. Or does it rumble more when you play other games?

8. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    try metroid prime pinball, elite beat agents, space invaders extreme 1 & 2

9. DeltaBurnt

United States
    Like Joe said try a game like Elite Beat Agents.

Also don't keep the rumble pack in your DS when you're not using it, it'll drain your battery.

10. Fel
    OP

Czech Republic
    Okay! And don't worry, I don't want to leave any things like that in my DS, besides it's prettier with the original SLOT-2 filler which has the same color (white).