OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Rumble for Picros Ds....its Extreme!!!

it made the game 10xbetter than what juicy goodness it already is..the tactile feedback affirming my every move...affirming i says..AFFIRMING...
wub.gif

rumble is cool for picross ds, i have now found it's purpose,
it sucks for EBA/OUENDAN throws me out of my zone...

that is all

ambitous21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm on Normal Level 9 right now.. freaking annoyed.. :'(
i always wish to use logic and never guess, but at these levels i get pretty annoyyed and agitated so i end up guessing when i'm stuck for 5 mins lol

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would like a bit of rumble for the download packs. Level 10 would have been a blast, but I finished it already.

I played mario's picross with lameboy v0.8. It's so different without the stylus, but it can be a bit faster in some of the puzzles. Try it! you'll be pleasantly surprised.

msa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@ abitous:
same to me! sometimes i just CANT see the next logical step. i'm still not sure if i just dont see it or if there just is no logical next step from time to time. i end up guessing quite often.

ambitous21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm well even up til Level 8, there were times that I would be stuck for a good 10 minutes or more staring at the screen.
But then just going through every possible combination, looking through every tile, I end up being able to solve it bit by bit.
All by logic and no-guessing at all.

But now on Level 9 I'm not sure.. I went through every possible way available to find logically proven paths so I can map it, but at times I seem to be totally lost.

Can any vets here back-up the statement that logic can ALWAYS be used to map every single puzzle, even 25x20?
Or does guessing come into play..

gennessee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm well even up til Level 8, there were times that I would be stuck for a good 10 minutes or more staring at the screen.
But then just going through every possible combination, looking through every tile, I end up being able to solve it bit by bit.
All by logic and no-guessing at all.

But now on Level 9 I'm not sure.. I went through every possible way available to find logically proven paths so I can map it, but at times I seem to be totally lost.

Can any vets here back-up the statement that logic can ALWAYS be used to map every single puzzle, even 25x20?
Or does guessing come into play..

I've been doing these sorts of puzzles for ages, so I'll stop lurking for a moment to say they can all be solved by logic, although the logic may not always be as straightforward as you might expect. Try the Nonograms wikipedia page for a good explanation of techniques.

xenon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Level 9 is a swearing generator. I usually end up turning my DS off abruptly rather than just quitting the puzzle.
smile.gif

Anyway: all picross puzzles can be solved by logic, without guessing. But in complex puzzles, you may need to work in a "what if" way, starting from a hypothesis (not a guess) and making consequent steps until you find a contradiction or confirmation. BUT in Picross DS, "what if" tools are only available for the Free Mode levels, which leads me to think that the Normal Mode levels can be solved without using such technique.

This said, I'm stuck at Level 9 with only the first puzzle solved. I allow myself a single mistake for each puzzle before quitting (gotta train for Free Mode, right?
wink.gif
)

I'm amazed by the fact that Picross isn't even a game, still it's so compelling.

ambitous21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have completed more than half of level 9 already..
The first row was alright, but the second row, I had to take a guess for 3 of them..
the rest I still was able to complete with logic.

I know the free mode has that "? Mode" but I don't know if it helps much, as I'm already doing it in my head.. during the beginning, I also use the 'X's' as marks to help.

Gah, I hate when I open a puzzle in 20x20 and all the numbers are less than 6.. thats a pain in the butt to work through.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16