1. 3DSBricker

OP 3DSBricker Daily Active Member

Netherlands
    Hello,
    Is it illegal to make a one word post?
    Like no as an answer but without explaining why?

Subtle Demise likes this.
  2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    If it's in response to a yes/no question, it's probably fine. Otherwise, it's against the rules.

I try to make my posts more substantive, even if it's in response to a yes/no question. I was, however, tempted to respond to this post with just "no."

3. 3DSBricker

Netherlands
    O thanks, I thought indeed someone would have do it.

4. Mohammed2935

Mohammed2935 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Kuwait

This is You trying to communicate/provoke some people.

5. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

United Kingdom
    Here is what the rules actually say about this.

When replying to a topic, don't; unless you have something meaningful to say or something that will contribute to the discussion. Posts such as "Yes", "I agree", "LOL", "When will it be dumped?" or "When will it be translated?"; and nothing but images/emoticons or internet memes are useless and are wasteful on the servers. This is not GameFAQs or 4chan!.

Basically a yes or no or one word answer doesn't really explain anything. Its much better to say something like.

No its not possible because (then an explanation why its not possible) ect ect

6. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    Against the rules under certain circumstances? Yes. Illegal? Very highly doubtful. :P

7. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Then again, the whole purpose of responding is to continue the conversation or convey information. Can't do that by saying one word. And no it doesn't mean two or three is enough either.

Just give details to your reason for agreeing or disagreeing, if you don't know, you can just say you don't or don't respond and let someone who does know handle it.

8. 3DSBricker

Netherlands
  9. Teslas Fate

Teslas Fate Just a X Æ A-12

United States
    The only place I could see it be fine is the edge of the forum cuz that’s where everyone shit posts. And possibly the Off Topic chats

But other wise Amanda is right on this if it’s about main topics on the site then as said it’s not wanted and I believe if you do it mods will just delete the post but I’m not sure can anyone fill me in on what happens.

Last edited by Teslas Fate, Jun 13, 2020
  10. 3DSBricker

Netherlands
    Thank you for clearing that up.:D

11. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

United Kingdom
    Yes if its a one word post the mods delete it. Unless you are Shadow he gets away with posting no to absolutely everything. No idea why probably blackmailing or fucking one of the staff :rofl2:. (Staff I'm only joking or am I :evil:)

12. Teslas Fate
    This message by Teslas Fate has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Jun 15, 2020, Reason: Let;s limit this style of posting to the EoF or IRC.
    Jun 13, 2020 Show
  13. Shadow#1
    This message by Shadow#1 has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Jun 15, 2020, Reason: Let;s limit this style of posting to the EoF or IRC.
    Jun 13, 2020 Show
  14. AmandaRose
    This message by AmandaRose has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Jun 15, 2020, Reason: Let;s limit this style of posting to the EoF or IRC.
    Jun 13, 2020 Show
  15. Teslas Fate
    This message by Teslas Fate has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Jun 15, 2020, Reason: Let;s limit this style of posting to the EoF or IRC.
    Jun 14, 2020 Show
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Rules,