Rugby League 3- New Anti-Piracy Security Included

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Livin in a box, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Livin in a box
    OP

Member Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

United Kingdom
    It seems like the newly released Rugby League 3 has a new form of security on the disc- both legit and copied versions of this game cannot be played other than the Quick Play option. But, seeing as this isn't a huge release, I'm assuming many people haven't heard of it, but it's a new security protocol at least so it does need to be decoded for future usage.

I've seen some reports of someone getting it to work on a configurable USB loader and 1 person saying that hermes' IOS53 fixed it. I can't confirm any of this because the copy I got didn't work at all.

Of course, I don't know the slightest thing about looking into the files needed and stuff, so does anyone know of a way to get past it? It's probably more than likely we'll see this in future releases too.

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    You just need to have the unpatched latest revision of the IOS the game wants installed. Well so it seems.

3. Livin in a box
    OP

United Kingdom
    Aye, it seems as though most are seeing that that way works, but some aren't.

How can I check if I've got a bad ISO or not...Don't want to download it again. ¬¬ Byte size is what it should be, and when I burned the disc it did look a little strange (on the underside) so I'll reburn on a different laptop, put the latest IOS53 on and get back.

4. gameking66

Member gameking66 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The game uses IOS53. If you have a patched IOS53 it will not work.

5. Livin in a box
    OP

United Kingdom
    Reburned, and it still doesn't work. Well, GeckoOS recognises it then spits out an error screen with a DSI error occurred and NeoGammer also spits out a code 1137 or something once its read the stats.

6. WiiPower

Germany
    The latest Gecko OS has some bugs. If you get an error inside NeoGamma, then you have a disc/chip/drive problem, there's no protection that causes an error before the screen "goes away" from the loader.

7. Livin in a box
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yeah, must be the crummy Memorex discs I'm using. They're really awful, sometime's games work in the disc channel, other times just in Gecko, other times only in NeoGamma, other times none at all. Good for PS2 though. ¬¬

8. WiiPower

Germany
    I doubt that. No DVD-Rs are good for ps2, the sooner or later your ps2's laser will die, but luckily there are alternatives as well.

9. Livin in a box
    OP

United Kingdom
    I mean it reads all of 'em fine, I thought it was DVD+R's that destroy lasers...

I'll reburn again at 2x and after that I'll give up.

10. WiiPower

Germany
    Both destroy the ps2 laser. Anyways, what speed did you use before? I would say use 4x or faster if you have a new burner.

11. Livin in a box
    OP

United Kingdom
    I did 4x before.

The new burner on my new laptop clearly doesn't burn Wii games properly so I'm not going to be able to use that, so I'm using the one on my older laptop.

12. davhuit

Member davhuit GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    About the "Anti-Piracy Security", I updated the IOS53 to the last version (through "Pimp my Wii") but without "Trucha Signature" as said by some peoples.

Didn't worked better in USB Loader GX after the IOS update but worked fine in Neogamma R7 (couldn't say if it was working before I update the IOS or not but the result in the same anyway).

Actually, It wasn't personally to play the game, just like to have my Wii up-to-date, but I can confirm it's working without the "demo mode".

13. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Not wanting to give any ideas to Nintendo, but,

Warning: Spoilers inside!

14. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    @tattar8:

Will it matter? We'll end up using (insert any empty IOS# here). I have a friend with a cIOS installed as IOS47...

Unless they stubbed every empty slot with a v65280 (and effectively render future updates close to impossible), we'd just leave their damn stub in 249, pick a new slot, update the loaders, and be done with it.

15. Delta517

Member Delta517 Its okay...Im a ninja ;)

Norway
    I think Nintendo kinda fail on AP on Wiis. [​IMG]

16. techboy

United States
    You got that right. Nintendo's been playing catchup since day 1.

What's even funnier, the wii's design came back to haunt them (for the million+ wiis made mid-2008 anyway). They made something (boot1) that can't be updated, and can be forever exploited, rendering ANY attempt to "fix" the AP on these wiis impossible. Worst case is we install bootmii with an infectus and use Comex's Nand Formatter.

17. gameking66

Member gameking66 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yet knowing Nintendo, they'll always leave us an exploit or too. Maybe even ones as silly as the banner brick exploit in 3.2 - 4.2, that require no game.

It would be cool to find an exploit in 1.0 - 2.2.

18. techboy

United States
    TP Hack works on everything from 2.0 to 3.4.

1.0 isn't available to anyone, so an exploit doesn't matter there. And if it was, a DVD of the HBC installer and a modchip could in theory be used for installing HBC, assuming you modified the original TT-released ISO to run on IOS9 (the only complete IOS present on a 1.0 wii. IOS4 is only other IOS, and it's barebones).

19. Bloodlust

Member Bloodlust GBAtemp Maniac

Hong Kong
    I launched CFG with this and all the game options were available. If patching some IOSes to non-fakesign did the job. Ninty really blew on this one.. some AP.. [​IMG]