Rubber VS hard

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by Veho, Feb 3, 2010.

Feb 3, 2010

Rubber VS hard by Veho at 9:22 PM (804 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Veho
    OP

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    ...and the title is re-he-heeeally suggestive and it's giving me urges [​IMG]

I mean, come on, "rubber vs hard"? Nudge nudge, wink wink? No? You people and your un-twisted minds.

So, rubber vs hard? [​IMG] Although I don't see why I'm forced to choose like that I mean it's not like "rubber" and "hard" couldn't coexist, I mean there are hard rubbers out there I've seen quite a few in my day.

[​IMG]

I am a misunderstood genius! But my posterity will know my greatness, mark my words. More like "my posterior" but oh well [​IMG]

Yes please, I'll have it hard and rubber and ribbed and lubed and boiled, and that melon, and both positions, I can switch half way through thank you.

[​IMG]

2. Gore

Member Gore GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Never really thought about things like that.
    Some good points.
    You shouldn't have to be one or the other for a lot of things.
    But this is really abstract and getting to the point where it effects nothing.

in before fast6191 makes a super long well-researched reply and then realizes he's just professionally answered an EoF question

3. dirty_harry

Member dirty_harry GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Take both, see which one you like. Then change. Or buy multiple ipodses (why yes, that was a joke).

4. Dr.Killa

Banned Dr.Killa Banned

United States
    tl;dr

rubber because its bouncy bouncy like a pair of boobs

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Well it seems at Gore's request I will have to keep this short.

Choices: there are none, the only things you will ever be sold are only useful as a base for something greater.

Binary decisions: I agree entirely, my favourite game here is poking holes in the logic used to encapsulate things. Bonus points if you can do this in a moral debate and send the person into an infinite loop.

Also been watching Total Recall lately or something?

6. Veho
    OP

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    To be honest, I only started this thread because the words "rubber vs hard" sounded suggestive and I just wanted to play up the implications [​IMG] but then my post ran away with me. And the "choice" rant wasn't about the iPod casing (or any other product that makes you choose between features even though they're not mutually exclusive and I'd really like to have them both but for some reason they don't make that particular combination of features), it was about any kind of theoretical "choice" questions. "What would you rather have?" "Where would you rather go?" "This chick or that?" I have enough choices to make in real life, I don't want to mull over imaginary choices as well.

Of course it was all supposed to be tongue in cheek, and obviously just me rambling off but then people took it way more seriously than I'd intended it.

And I wanted to add that ice cream example, with the hundred flavours, and where you're not picking one flavour, you're really rejecting the other 99 flavors, and the "paradox of choice" phenomenon but somehow the thread meandered away from that and somehow it never came up. Besides it didn't really fit into the wacky ranty tone of the text, but turns out if you read it out loud in a serious tone of voice it really sounds serious. Sombre, even.

[​IMG]

Not my intention.

And the breasts are there because I like handling breasts [​IMG]

7. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Hahaha [​IMG] Seems like the EoF is finally regaining some of its funnyness [​IMG]