sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is it possible to use real time saves with the gba side of things? I've had my dstwo for 2-3 weeks now, but haven't tested it. Gonna tets it tomorrow, but if I can get a headsup on whether it will work and also on how it's doable.

thanks in advance

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sekhu said:
Is it possible to use real time saves with the gba side of things? I've had my dstwo for 2-3 weeks now, but haven't tested it. Gonna tets it tomorrow, but if I can get a headsup on whether it will work and also on how it's doable.

thanks in advance

You get 10 save slots. They are what you are referring to as RTS. Just simply save whenever, and load whenever.

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far I have had no problems with RTS in GBA games that are playable. With Save States (RTS) you don't have to worry about turning off the DS before exiting the emulator since they are directly written to the mSD and not held in memory.

Also writing SAVs from GBA games works fine. Just remember to exit out of the game by either loading another game or exiting the emulator before you turn off the DS/i. Otherwise the SAVs won't get written to the mSD. I'm guessing the SAV gets held in memory before it is dumped to the mSD.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
sekhu said:

thanks in advance

It depends. If you are using the emulator then yes. If you are using a slot 2 card like an ezflash 3 in 1 then no.

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nl255 said:
sekhu said:

thanks in advance

It depends. If you are using the emulator then yes. If you are using a slot 2 card like an ezflash 3 in 1 then no.

It says in his post that he is using a DSTWO so it would be correct to assume he is using the Slot-1 Card for the GBA emulation.

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Btw, it's doable by hitting X when in-game and then game state and write state #.
Read State # is loading and delete state goes to a submenu for deleting individual or all save states for that game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb