RSS Feed

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Woz, Nov 18, 2003.

Nov 18, 2003

RSS Feed by Woz at 2:30 PM (809 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Woz
    OP

Newcomer Woz Newbie

Featured Posts:
    Australia
    Any chance of an RSS feed for those who are interested in keeping up to date with the latest GBA scene news but don't neccesarily visit Gbatemp daily?

2. cloud_171

Member cloud_171 Advanced Member

Featured Posts:
    Antarctica
    not that I know of but that would be an awesome idea, shouldn't be that hard to make one

3. Xerone

Member Xerone GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    United States
    RSS feed.. i dont understand everything in the world, could you guys fill me in? [​IMG]

4. Woz
    OP

Newcomer Woz Newbie

Featured Posts:
    Australia
    Check out this RSS FAQ.

Thats to do with headline syndication, which is what I want the RSS feed for. RSS itself can be used for many other things, but explaining it here is out of scope. Google is your friend.

5. cloud_171

Member cloud_171 Advanced Member

Featured Posts:
    Antarctica
    it is basically a news thing, i don't know too much about it, all i know is that I have a trillian plug-in that pops up with news on the corner, which would awesome for releases to be on there

6. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    Hehe, I suggested the idea to Costello not long ago, as their is a nice plugin for Trillian that supports RSS feeds. Costello loved it, and made a RSS feed for GBASaves.com to test that it works.

When we hear from Kivan next, we will ask for access to the information we need to make an RSS feed for GBAtemp!

I'm not promising it will be done, but it's more than likely! [​IMG]

7. KotaInka2

Member KotaInka2 Fanboy Educator

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Interesting that this was posted by somebody (rom leecher?) who can't be bothered to come and contribute to the community but would rather have their rom news delivered to their recliner. Still, it isn't that bad of an idea really.

What is up with Kivan anyway? Any idea when the master of ceremonies will reappear again? Is he on some kind of extended skiing vacation? [​IMG]

8. Woz
    OP

Newcomer Woz Newbie

Featured Posts:
    Australia
    I prefer the term "lurker". Just because I don't post frequently doesn't mean I'm not a part of the community.

And it's not as if making an RSS feed would stop me visiting the site. Quite the opposite, as I would know sooner of news and events & therefor visit as they occurred not just when I remember to check it out.