RROD question

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Harsky, Apr 22, 2008.

Apr 22, 2008

RROD question by Harsky at 11:32 PM (976 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    I haven't played my Xbox 360 for so long that I decided to to turn it on to update some stuff. Got the RROD... or so I thought. After I turned it off, I figured I'd tidy the cables up and made sure that I set the setting on the TV plug to "normal TV" instead of HDTV (since I was playing it on a different TV a while ago). Everything worked as normal. My only question is. If I did get the RROD, does that mean the console shouldn't even show me the opening screen?

2. diew

Newcomer diew Advanced Member

United States
    Most likely you did not get the RROD but just a regular red ring where all four quadrants are lit. This means your cables are loose and not properly connected. Seeing how you tidied up your cables, that was most likely the answer your question as it usually solves that ring problem (not the RROD)

3. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Yeah I figured out but in the event of a REAL RROD (touch wood) what would the console do?

4. science

Member science science rules

Canada
    Nothing. The console tries to turn on, but nothing ever shows up on the screen

5. poisonousj

Member poisonousj GBAtemp Fan

United States
    correct, and usually your system will start to freeze or have green graphical glitches during games prior to real 3 red ring of death.

6. science

Canada
    Yeah, you will notice much worse system performance than usual, like it will take a really long time for the menu to load when you first turn on your xbox.

7. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Got another question. I bought my console last July and I only got round to registering it last night but it mentioned that the warranty expiration date it this July. What happened to Microsoft's announcement a while ago to extend the warranty to 3 years?

8. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    I had the same thing happen, when you register it says out of date warranty etc. However when you submit it for RRoD repair the warranty will update for the 3 years.

9. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Should I only do that WHEN I get the RROD or is it something like, "GOTTA DO IT QUICKLY OR YOU'RE NOT GONNA GET IT"

10. science

Canada
    Don't worry about it, if you bought it under three years ago, it doesn't matter what the site says, you're under warranty. There isn't anything you can do about it to change it until you get the RROD. Mine was out of warranty, and I told them I had the RROD, they said I was covered for it, and when I got my new box back, the warranty status had been changed to Under Warranty, so don't stress about it

11. SavageWaffle

Member SavageWaffle GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    RROD= Hardware Failure.