Gaming RRoD paranoia

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gaboumafou said:
So my 360 will have a RRoD, one day or another?
frown.gif

Hopefully, a good modder will be able to fix it for cheap when that happen... :S

Yes it will RROD one day or another, and you can not fix the RROD error. Sure you can do things which stop the RROD and let you play your console for longe but it will sooner or later RROD again.

SchuchWun

Trophies
Website
videogamehackers.ca
XP
Country
Canada
There is a quick and easy fix to RROD.

QUOTE said:
Generally, the 3rrod error is caused by a solder problem, where points on the GPU/CPU have worked loose – or a temperature problem causing the same result. Following this guide, you should be able to fix these joints, quickly and easily! We have used this process to repair over 10 Xbox360s successfully.

from

http://www.i-hacked.com/content/view/263/62/

Hope it works for ya! theres a vid and everything.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SchuchWun said:

QUOTE said:
Generally, the 3rrod error is caused by a solder problem, where points on the GPU/CPU have worked loose – or a temperature problem causing the same result. Following this guide, you should be able to fix these joints, quickly and easily! We have used this process to repair over 10 Xbox360s successfully.

from

That is the x-clamp fix, it's chances of fixing the problem is small

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Prime said:
SchuchWun said:

QUOTE said:

from

Dude, you are sooooooooooo pessimistic. When you send your console back, that is all Microshit is gonna do to it so you may as well do it yourself is what I say. This method has been proven to work many times over and should work great if done properly.
rolleyes.gif

gaboumafou

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So Microsoft is selling consoles that WILL break one day or another... That's... strange. And sad.
frown.gif

I guess 150$ is still not that much for a 360 Pro, and I will have fun the time it will last... >_>

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
754boy said:
Prime said:
SchuchWun said:

QUOTE said:

from

Dude, you are sooooooooooo pessimistic. When you send your console back, that is all Microshit is gonna do to it so you may as well do it yourself is what I say. This method has been proven to work many times over and should work great if done properly.
rolleyes.gif

lmao! lies, they don't fix your console. All they do is give you a new mobo and dvd drive (which is a shitty lite-on).

They dont do the x-clamp fix.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
x-clamp is working for a couple of months now, you just have to do it properly, i've seen lots of xclamp mods with the wrong screws or using plastic washers, these all went rrod in a few days.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I prefer the Cent/Penny fix. That worked like a charm and after almost a year, all the the 360s I've fixed are still running and well
smile.gif

And you don't have to remove the X-Clamps, which are a pain to remove
laugh.gif

gaboumafou

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The question is: If my Xbox is 1.5 year old... how much time does it still have to live, approximately?
frown.gif

Is it possible that it will die soon...?! :wtf:

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
gaboumafou said:
The question is: If my Xbox is 1.5 year old... how much time does it still have to live, approximately?
frown.gif

There are 360s which have RROD'd being only 2 months old. So... It could happen every day. And there is a slight chance it might not ever happen.

Just don't think too much about it and enjoy your 360.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gaboumafou said:
frown.gif

Hard to tell exactly. Depends on how often you play and the environment its kept in. My Elite RROD after 10 months of owning it so yours is holding up great. Mine works fine now though, fixed it up with the xclamp.

Stop worrying and play!!! lol

Chief_Second

Trophies
XP
Country
ok, back to the thread....

my advice.

- keep xbox layed down at all times
- do not move once on (hot) as components can move when heated up. let it cool down for over an hour.
- vent well . e.g. leave sufficient gap behind 360 and wall/unit
- have faith

my x360 did rrod briefly twice (fixed by restarting!), but after doing this it's survived 2 years longer and still going. i've got a core console pre-hd connection and played about a zillion hours.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think it's pure luck if it goes or not. I've had two boxes , both core , both old models (no extra heatsink , no hdmi). First one sat in a nice open place , died after 8 months. One I got now , coming up to two years old , zero problems , but treated exactly the same as my first one.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chief_Second said:
ok, back to the thread....

my advice.

- keep xbox layed down at all times
- do not move once on (hot) as components can move when heated up. let it cool down for over an hour.
- vent well . e.g. leave sufficient gap behind 360 and wall/unit
- have faith

my x360 did rrod briefly twice (fixed by restarting!), but after doing this it's survived 2 years longer and still going. i've got a core console pre-hd connection and played about a zillion hours.
Does laying it down really help? The sides are what gets the hottest so having it on the side and trapping heat doesn't sound that healthy for it.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gaboumafou said:
Yeah, I heard the opposite too (keeping it "standing")... What's the real deal on it? Does it really change something?
When its laying down, the larger side can get hotter, unlike if its standing, where only the bit of bottom is covered.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Linkiboy said:
gaboumafou said:
Yeah, I heard the opposite too (keeping it "standing")... What's the real deal on it? Does it really change something?
When its laying down, the larger side can get hotter, unlike if its standing, where only the bit of bottom is covered.
But then those vent holes at the bottom are covered when standing up. I've also read about the on its side vs. standing argument, and usually see mixed responses. What I do is have my 360 on its side on a 100 DVD spindle case...there's the chance that it could get knocked over, but it's pretty stable and definitely wouldn't get knocked over by me. Not sure if it helps too much though...

I've also thought about using a metal rack/stand with large holes like a chain link fence. Of course, things like this might make your setup look tacky.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seraph said:
Linkiboy said:
gaboumafou said:
But then those vent holes at the bottom are covered when standing up. I've also read about the on its side vs. standing argument, and usually see mixed responses. What I do is have my 360 on its side on a 100 DVD spindle case...there's the chance that it could get knocked over, but it's pretty stable and definitely wouldn't get knocked over by me. Not sure if it helps too much though...

I've also thought about using a metal rack/stand with large holes like a chain link fence. Of course, things like this might make your setup look tacky.
For me personally, the side that has the rubber pads (for putting it down) is the side that gets warm, the other side of my 360 stays cold.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1