嵐の王
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know of a good place to send in an x360 to be repaired? I got no time to do it myself so I'm looking for a website that does it

Edit: New Slim models hackable yet?

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
Bloodgod said:
Edit: New Slim models hackable yet?

Jtag, no. Flashing dvd drives is possible, there are two ways to do this IIRC one hasn't yet been released, the other involves spoofing a drive from an original Xbox 360.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
send it to microsoft, only real fix for the rrod.

new slim models are not hackable, you can only read the dvdkey from the drive on some models, but there is no modded firmware out yet.

Bloodgod

嵐の王
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
^ wouldn't work even if I wanted to. I got that system in 2005 when it first came out. It's modded so no way they would fix it. Either way, I've read the X clamp fix and its pretty much sounds like a 30m-1hr job. Will try that later this week

ZombiePosessor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
X-Clamp fix is pretty hit-or-miss, I haven't had a very steady success rate with it or many other iterations of it. I'd say I have about a 55% success rate. Maybe I'm just trying to fix RRoD's that are just way too gone. I've had the hybrid x-clamp fix work for me first try, and I've had it work for me after 3 hours of adjusting the screws on the underside of the case. I've had oven reflows work and then fail. RRoD can't really be fixed I've noticed. I've done over 100 360s with the hybrid method and only about 30-40 of them still work.

Frozen_Fish

Trophies
XP
Country
Find someone who will re-ball and re-flow the connections on the mainboard with a heatgun, I've seen a couple of users offering the service on the xbox-scene forums. It's pretty much the only sure fire fix apart from sending it back to microsoft (if done right).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning