Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Topic. I'm in desperate need of a PC RPG. Something lenghty, like NWN or Oblivion... I tried several MMORPG, such as MapleStory or WoW, but they don't 'fill' me like a good, console like RPG with a nice story could.
This is what I've played so far (there may be more, but I can't remember every single title
wink.gif
)

-NWN + both exp
-Dungeon Siege 1/2, both with expansions
-D2 + LoD
-TES: Morrowind/Oblivion + both with exp.
-MapleStory
-WoW
-Helbreath
-Baldur's Gate 1/2 + Exp.
-Silverfall
-Titan Quest

Any suggestions? I'm open to anything, as long as it has a good story and, if possible, good multiplayer. But it doesn't need to be online, though.
Thanks in advance.

PS: I did a 'manual' search through the forums, but I couldn't use the search engine, as "rpg" is too short to be used =/

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if you like Elder Scrolls you should try Gothic 1 and 2 (best games ever), but never try Gothic 3
sleep.gif
(wors game ever)

Gothic 1 and 2 have like the best story development you can think of, its what most fans like so much about it especially cuz you can play it more than once because of the changes if you choose another "job"

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
Incase u didn't notice Neverwinter Nights 2 is out.

These I've played (but not finished, not one of them), and I loved them:
Icewind Dale
Fallout 2
Lands of Lore 3
Might & Magic 7 (needs patching or else the game is impossible to finish, oh and I warn you, even tho the game is AWESOME like hell 95% of the game, the end might turn you off as it's high fantasy there.)
Wizardry 9
Silver (good old action rpg for pc which is pretty awesome, tho requires it's latest patched, or else ur bound for bugs
biggrin.gif
)
The Witcher (you'll either love it or hate it... don't let you get fooled by the reviewers. some of them are nuts and don't embrace the more "realistic" language.)

warning, not appropriate for kids. here's what a rowdy drunk guy in a tavern says in the Witcher
your mama sucks dwarf
cock3.jpg

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, yes, I know NWN2 is out, and with a brand new expasion, but I've read some negatives reviews for it, at least compared it with the previous installment. Besides, I don't think my rig will be able to handle it; I had to do a heck lot of customization to Oblivion to make it run "just fine".

As for the other titles, I've played Warcraft 3 some years ago. A good and fun RTS, but it's not the genre I'm looking for. Gothic always looked fine, IMO, but I've never seen it in store here. Don't ask me why... I know the game's European, but it never had a massive distribution in Spain.
The rest of them... I don't really know jack about them
tongue.gif

Icewind Dale is really similar to Baldur's Gate, isn't it? If so, I might give it a try. And concerning, Fallout the same: I've never seen it on shelves here. But I've been told it's a GREAT game. There's a sequel in production, AFAIK.

Thanks for the tips, I'll look for some of those titles in the stores. But keep'em coming!
wink.gif

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Gothic always looked fine, IMO, but I've never seen it in store here. Don't ask me why... I know the game's European, but it never had a massive distribution in Spain.

Yeah Gothic is German game and they mainly promoted part 3 on the rest of the world (and this part is really the worst game ever) ... but i believe u can download part 1 and 2 somewhere in english ...

but than again if you cannot get it in spanish i hope your english is very good cuz the story is very important

P.S. i would recommend as well YS:Origin ... its diffrent than normal rpgs but stilll you run with your chara trough a tower with monsters to reach the top and kill some evil mage .... completely keyboard controls ... no click to death XD

(that no click to death is a nice feature of gothic 1 and 2 ... 3 again just is klick and hope you hit first, if so you win without getting hit, if not you die)

guardian_457

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
if u get desperate u could always try Ragnarok LOL but there isn't really a story to it. its pretty much grind and hunt for items then rape in pvp
biggrin.gif

onispawn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you could play some older rpgs. like Dark Sun: Shattered Lands, or Septerra Core. you cant buy them anymore, but they are easy to find.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, after some days, I got a copy of Gothic II Gold (the game + the expansion + some goodies). While it does look good (kinda like a poor man's Oblivion), it has this bloody AWFUL bowl-shaped camera angle. Is it called 'fisheye perspective'? If not, it's pretty close to it. Besides, when one turns to the sides, the camera 'rubberbands'... you know what I mean, its rotating speed goes from slow to fast in a matter of seconds.

Overall, it's enjoyable, for €25. I'll try it some more, if I don't like it, I'll return it
smile.gif

dakeyras

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
You will love Planescape:Torment.

And if you don't, you suck. Ass. In terms of roleplaying it's one of the best games you can get. It's a lot more like baldur's gate than icewind dale. Icewind dale is too much hack and slash.

QUOTEu want RPG? try 5 random games from DS, 2 of them are GREAT RPGs!

I don't follow.
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn