Hacking RPG Availability

go185

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So far the only site I have seen to order an RPG has been bamboogaming, but I am looking for something a little closer to home (Any USA or Canadian site), so I was wondering if anyone knew of any USA or Canadian sites that are selling or have the RPG for pre-order yet.

Thanks in advance

Noobix

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah sux that nowhere has the RPG other than bamboo...I got back from Hong Kong on Monday and they hadn't even heard of it yet!!!
cry.gif
(R4 really rules in China...saw hundreds of kids with DS lites and all had the R4!
bow.gif
)

Hopefully they'll start getting more distributors soon. (It must be great to change Roms without messing around with the cart and MicroSD.
yaynds.gif
)

Organizer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I simply don't get it, its weeks since Acekard did reply saying that a list of distributors would be coming shortly... did not these guy have a net of distributors for their old card? One should think they at least that pre-orders or similar would have been up and running on all the big ones by now, especially since they officially actually launched the card. I am sure even Business for Dummies would tell you not to launch a product without distributors, I am simply amazed and they are not even a new company…

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I simply don't get it, its weeks since Acekard did reply saying that a list of distributors would be coming shortly... did not these guy have a net of distributors for their old card? One should think they at least that pre-orders or similar would have been up and running on all the big ones by now, especially since they officially actually launched the card. I am sure even Business for Dummies would tell you not to launch a product without distributors, I am simply amazed and they are not even a new company…
Well their last product didn't have a very successful run. Its possible that their distributors are a bit wary.

go185

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I went ahead and ordered mine from bamboogaming a few weeks ago, just picked it up from the local post office today!

bobrules

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

You know that the Chinese National Holiday last a week starting from Oct 1st

rickshaw888

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi. Any comment on the AceKard RPG, end user prospective? This is one of my choices amongst the many cards out. I feel that its kind of over priced at bamboogaming. Wish there are others that sell it, specially here in Canada/US.

Please let us know what you think of the card.

Thanks.

Well I went ahead and ordered mine from bamboogaming a few weeks ago, just picked it up from the local post office today!

go185

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Great card, sturdy, does everything well. I havent tested multiplayer or download play yet (cause I dont know that my others with a DS), but everything else works fine.

rickshaw888

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi. I have yet another silly question. What does download play mean? I have heard about in many many times but just couldn't figure what it is about.

Also, how long do you have to wait for the package to arrive? I am assuming that you ordered it from bamboogaming. Another thing, are you in North America. I just wanna get a feel on how long before I get mine.

Thanks.

Great card, sturdy, does everything well. I havent tested multiplayer or download play yet (cause I dont know that my others with a DS), but everything else works fine.

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I have yet another silly question. What does download play mean? I have heard about in many many times but just couldn't figure what it is about.
Download play means that you can play a multiplayer game using 1 copy of a game and multiple DS. The DSs without the game download the part of the game necessary for versus play before the match begins. It is only used in certain DS games. A lot of games have a download play option. A lot don't.

Raisingod

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Great card, sturdy, does everything well. I havent tested multiplayer or download play yet (cause I dont know that my others with a DS), but everything else works fine.

DW/P is about the same as R4 USED TO BE before the update that fixed most games. Multiplayer ( WFC or multi cart ) seem to work well ( I only had limited time with the cart as it was a costumer one{ BTW touch screen problems are annoying}) but I ordered mine a week and a half ago from Bamboogaming ( should get it in the next week or so).

HeyYoWL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's not many places to get it. Bamboogaming has a fair price on it. I mean it DOES have built-in 1GB. If you were to buy a Slot-1 card like CycloDS for example, it'd be like what, $20-30 cheaper? But if then you need a memory card for it too, and if you were to buy a 1GB card, it'd cost you $20-30 anyways. Saves you the trouble basically. I was planning to buy a microSD card but now I don't have to, and I don't have to bother putting it in my reader, just straight USB cable.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16