Rosewill Enclosure compatibility

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by 9th_Sage, Aug 19, 2009.

Aug 19, 2009
  1. 9th_Sage
    OP

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I was just wondering...I just got a new drive for USB loader stuff, but it doesn't work well (it works when it works, but then after about half an hour of inactivity it goes to sleep and the Wii can't wake it back up...it's super annoying). The drive was a MyBook Home, btw. It's too bad, it was a good drive besides that. Anyway, I want to return this drive and get something else, and I saw this enclosure here. It's a good price, and two out of the three Rosewill enclosures that are listed in the Wiki work... I was wondering if anyone has any additional experience with these. What is the best to get? Do they work for you?

I'm a little paranoid since I thought this MyBook would work since my previous drive was an older MyBook and it worked perfectly in all ways until it died on me.

2. zektor

Member zektor GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Don't know about Rosewill, but in my experience Vantec enclosures work great.

3. 9th_Sage
    OP

United States
    I'll have to keep it in mind...I really don't want to get something else just to have to return yet something else because it won't work quite right. >_

4. thesund0g

Member thesund0g GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    What is the manufacturer of the drive itself - i.e. what does the BIOS identify it as? Check the manufacturer's site for any drive tools they have. I found something on the Seagate site that fixed the issues I was having with my passport drive. Usually there is a tool, sometimes command-line, that will let you set the sleep delay to 0 or some ridiculously high value. Take a look!

5. 9th_Sage
    OP

United States
    I did that before I sent it back. It seems Western Digital doesn't like letting me do things like that to their external drives (or at least they have no tools to do so). If I could have easily opened the drive without voiding warranty, I could probably have used hdparam or something, but it wasn't really an option.

6. Skizzo

Banned Skizzo Banned

United States