Gaming Rondo of Swords

Ishidori

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I know it would be more easy download and play it, but i just want to know what do you think of that game.

I never played or heard nothing about it, so if anyone has try it, what do yo think of the game?

abaddon41_80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of my favorite DS games and very underrated. The only knock I have on it is the lack of information it gives you, there are a lot of things you have to figure out for yourself. But it has a unique story, decent graphics, a good amount of customization, great and unique gameplay, and a large cast of characters. If you like turn-based strategy games I would definitely recommend it.

Louisiana

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The pass-through thing is cool and adds a lot of difficulty (this is a good thing). There's no permanent death, which makes the game easier, though defeated characters do get penalties in the next battle. And there's a way to grind, which is another flaw.

Still, it's excellent. Play it!

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Personally I hated it. Gameplay just rubbed me the wrong way.
Just... All that effort for the character portraits, and they leave EVERYTHING ELSE ugly as sin? Damn you, Atlus!

MattNY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may not be reading people's impressions properly, but it seems like it is a competent SRPG, but some people find it to be too difficult. That is understandable, but to me, that does not make a game bad. It is just for a different audience.

I would love something like Shining Force, but on steroids. I will have to check it out and see how it compares.

damole

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played it a while back, and I remember myself being very hyped for it. Too bad it was a terrible dissapointment.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not really all that good, unless you really like mission based tactical RPGs.

The passthrough attack combat system is the only thing that makes it difficult, otherwise it would be a cake walk. The passthrough combat system makes it difficult since you have to plan your unit arrangements before AND how they end up AFTER an attack. The passthrough stuff ONLY applies to "melee" type of units, while casters and archers just have to be whatever arbitrary range of the attack that they're using is. Also some "buffs" & heals are applied by passing through friendly units.

That said most of the time you can find areas where you can control the number of enemy units coming at you at once and just mop them up a few at a time, excepting IIRC there were a few "timed" missions to weren't there? (Well I seem to recall some and found them to be VERY irritating as it added another layer of false difficulty to the game...)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kinda liked it as it was more difficult than other SRPG. Its slow from the start though which I guess turned a lot of people off. I liked the combat I guess, being able to attack more than one person with one character was nice in this genre.

Not something I care about playing ever again, but I wouldn't mind a sequel that hads more thought, less tedious story & something else other than combat to set it apart from the other games in the genre.

Just play it yourself, people have different opinions. I know a lot of people who are fans of this game and there are those in this thread who hated it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: