Rondo of Swords

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Ishidori, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Ishidori
    OP

Ishidori GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2008
    I know it would be more easy download and play it, but i just want to know what do you think of that game.

I never played or heard nothing about it, so if anyone has try it, what do yo think of the game?

2. frebels

frebels Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2008
    United States
    delft
    its a verry diffcult srategy rpg its ok but nothing that special

3. abaddon41_80

abaddon41_80 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 31, 2008
    United States
    Jacksonville, Fl
    One of my favorite DS games and very underrated. The only knock I have on it is the lack of information it gives you, there are a lot of things you have to figure out for yourself. But it has a unique story, decent graphics, a good amount of customization, great and unique gameplay, and a large cast of characters. If you like turn-based strategy games I would definitely recommend it.

4. Ferrariman

Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Dec 9, 2007
    Canada
    Canader.
    Bad.

5. frebels

frebels Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2008
    United States
    delft
    i geuss its not for everyone

6. Zerrix

Zerrix GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 11, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Earth
    It's shit. -5 / 10.

7. Louisiana

Louisiana GBAtemp Regular

Sep 27, 2008
    United States
    The pass-through thing is cool and adds a lot of difficulty (this is a good thing). There's no permanent death, which makes the game easier, though defeated characters do get penalties in the next battle. And there's a way to grind, which is another flaw.

Still, it's excellent. Play it!

8. unknownworlder

unknownworlder GBAtemp Regular

Dec 25, 2008
    United States
    Its insanely hard. Thats all i have to say. If you do play it, good luck.

9. yikkyon

yikkyon GBAtemp Regular

Sep 20, 2008
    United States
    Didn't like the fact that if you equip godly items that you'll be demi-god at level one...

10. Leon1977

Leon1977 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2008
    Senegal
    Somewhere Near the Equator
    frustratingly hard at times...some missions require trial and error to get
    the perfect strategy but it's beatable though..just have to keep at it.

11. JDandy

JDandy GBAtemp Regular

Sep 22, 2008
    Netherlands
    Personally I hated it. Gameplay just rubbed me the wrong way.
    Just... All that effort for the character portraits, and they leave EVERYTHING ELSE ugly as sin? Damn you, Atlus!

12. MattNY

MattNY Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2008
    United States
    I may not be reading people's impressions properly, but it seems like it is a competent SRPG, but some people find it to be too difficult. That is understandable, but to me, that does not make a game bad. It is just for a different audience.

I would love something like Shining Force, but on steroids. I will have to check it out and see how it compares.

13. damole

damole GBAtemp Regular

Aug 11, 2008
    United States
    I played it a while back, and I remember myself being very hyped for it. Too bad it was a terrible dissapointment.

14. DarkSpace

DarkSpace Custom member title

Aug 23, 2007
    United States
    I didn't get it at all, so I found it really hard.

15. Kaos

Kaos Good show!

Nov 25, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Atlus didn't make the game. They localized it.

16. cutterjohn

cutterjohn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 27, 2007
    United States
    It's not really all that good, unless you really like mission based tactical RPGs.

The passthrough attack combat system is the only thing that makes it difficult, otherwise it would be a cake walk. The passthrough combat system makes it difficult since you have to plan your unit arrangements before AND how they end up AFTER an attack. The passthrough stuff ONLY applies to "melee" type of units, while casters and archers just have to be whatever arbitrary range of the attack that they're using is. Also some "buffs" & heals are applied by passing through friendly units.

That said most of the time you can find areas where you can control the number of enemy units coming at you at once and just mop them up a few at a time, excepting IIRC there were a few "timed" missions to weren't there? (Well I seem to recall some and found them to be VERY irritating as it added another layer of false difficulty to the game...)

17. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    I kinda liked it as it was more difficult than other SRPG. Its slow from the start though which I guess turned a lot of people off. I liked the combat I guess, being able to attack more than one person with one character was nice in this genre.

Not something I care about playing ever again, but I wouldn't mind a sequel that hads more thought, less tedious story & something else other than combat to set it apart from the other games in the genre.

Just play it yourself, people have different opinions. I know a lot of people who are fans of this game and there are those in this thread who hated it.