1. Luluzetisa

OP Luluzetisa Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Hey! I downloaded some NDS game roms and I've tested them using an emulator. The games worked normally in the emulator but when I opened them in my NDS console they didn't work, it was just a white screen and nothing happened. Does anyone know why this happens or how to fix this? Thank you!
    (I uploaded pictures of how the game opened on the emulator but how it looks like on the console)
    upload_2020-3-26_13-27-59.png WIN_20200326_13_26_44_Pro.jpg

2. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

United Kingdom
    Gonna need a bit more info to work from here. What flash cart are you using? What firmware's on the flashcart?
    Some old flashcarts won't run some roms due to the anti-piracy that was improved over the systems life.

Mythical and x65943 like this.
  3. x65943

x65943 Dr. Rabbi Prince X, Sr., Ed. D.
    Global Moderator

United States
    Do some games work and others don't? Is this a new problem, or did you just get the cart?

Mythical likes this.
  4. Luluzetisa

OP Luluzetisa Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    I really don't understand about this (firmware) so I'm not sure I can give you the info you need to help me, but the flashcard has "R4" written on it and yes, it is really old. Anyway, thank you for your answer, at least I'm not so lost now and I can at least search about this problem a little bit better :)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Most games work, I have like 25 ROMs installed on it that are working. This problem happened before, but I got a long long time without using my DS and got back to using it now.

5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Do you have a picture of the sticker on the back of the R4? Or at least the URL of any website listed. Unfortunately there were hundreds of things called R4 on the DS (it became something of a generic term).

If it is an original R4 you should be able to use the wood firmware ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/wood-firmwares-v1-51.332975/ ) which would be good as that is actually one of the better ones out there. If not then you either get to find the latest firmware for your specific device (there are archives if the website no longer works), or manually patch the ROM to work with something like https://gbatemp.net/threads/ap-patch-preservation.477536/

6. Luluzetisa

OP Luluzetisa Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Here's a picture of it:
    r4.jpeg
    I'm not sure if it is original, but I'm gonna try to learn a little bit about the wood firmware you recommended me and how to use it. Thank you for answering me :D

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - emulator,