kelnoky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey there.

I bought a Nintendo DS light and a DSTT card recently. At first I was quite happy with the DSTT chip, since it worked like a charm. I was able to play a load of games with it without any problems. Then about 4 weeks after I bought the stuff and played for a while one of the games didnt want to start anymore. I selected it in the DSTT menu, it started to load, but the little animation in the lower left corner stopped moving and nothing happened. I shut down the DS and booted it up again, same thing with the same game. This happened with more and more of the ROMs I had on the sd card and got worse every time I plugged the sd card into my card reader in order to try and fix whatever was wrong. That led me to believe it was a problem with the sandisk sd card that came with the DSTT module or the card reader that also came with the module. So I went out and bought a new card reader and a new sd card. I copied all my ROMs over again and nothing has changed. Most of my games will just crash when I try to load them. I don't see any pattern in this. So I hope someone in here can maybe help me with this really annoying issue. Could the DSTT card be faulty? It's still pretty new...

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Let's eliminate some more common possibilities. It sounds like it might be one of these problems:

1. Your roms are all on the root of your microSD card. Make sure all your .nds and .sav files are in a "games" folder on your microSD card. There is a limit to the number of files that can be at the root.

2. Your microSD card is nearly full, so it's not able to write a save file that it needs to write. Delete some of your games from your microSD card.

-Bri

kelnoky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I thought of the second possibility but I never read anything about your first advice. As it turns out, that was the problem. I created a games folder, put everything in it and now every game is working fine again. Thank you very much for this quick and helpful reply.
smile.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You're welcome. It's a limitation of the FAT filesystem, not a DSTT limitation. Usually one of those is the problem when someone is experiencing the symptoms you described.

Anyway, glad you're up and running again!

-Bri

kierons316

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i have had the same problem as kelnoky. I tried what you said bri, but i still get the same problem. do i need to change some settings within the dstt files? the games directory for example?

edit --- > incase it helps I am using a 2gb micro sd (OEM 2GB TF) with a sandisk adapter. both of which are the ones that came with the dstt

zaberfang137

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i have the same problem and i was going to try putting them into a folder but the problem is...for some reason i cant view folders!!! or anything that isnt a rom or a homebrew game

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
zaberfang137 said:
for some reason i cant view folders!!! or anything that isnt a rom or a homebrew game
That's normal, just how the TT works. The cart menu can't show folders, instead it will pick the files out and show them as one long list.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kierons316 said:
Hi, i have had the same problem as kelnoky. I tried what you said bri, but i still get the same problem. do i need to change some settings within the dstt files? the games directory for example?

edit --- > incase it helps I am using a 2gb micro sd (OEM 2GB TF) with a sandisk adapter. both of which are the ones that came with the dstt

No, you should be able to just copy the firmware to the microSD card (TTMENU.DAT file and TTMENU folder), create a "games" folder, and place your .nds (and .sav files if you have any) inside the "games" folder.

Make sure you have some free space on your microSD card for the TTMENU.SYS file to be created and for .sav files.

Make sure you always use "safely remove hardware" before removing the microSD card from your PC.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night