Roms showing up as Homebrew?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by VenomSymbiote, Aug 24, 2007.

Aug 24, 2007
  1. VenomSymbiote
    OP

Newcomer VenomSymbiote Advanced Member

United States
    Siiiigh, so every time I put anything on the cart, be it an mp3, nes or snes rom, certain NDS ROMS end up showing a Homebrew icon and wont work. The only way to fix it is to delete the roms and put them back, but that just doesn't make any sense since it's the exact same file. Has anyone come across this, or know anything about such a problem? I'm really rather sorry that I seem to have some sort of issue every other day. My intent isn't to spam the board or anything... [​IMG]

Also a weird FOUND.000 file has shown up in the Homebrew section, yet it doesn't show up in the root directory when I plug the G6 into the comp. It can't even find such a folder when I did a search in there for it... [​IMG]

2. pootman

Newcomer pootman Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    They're showing up as homebrew because the file is corrupted, and the icon can't be read anymore, but it has an nds extension, so the loader assumes it's homebrew.

FOUND.000 sounds like some sort of filesystem repair has taken place, and windows has left the leftovers in this file. Try changing folder permissions in windows to show hidden and system files.

Just a guess.

3. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    FOUND is what windows created when it tried to fix corrupted files.

This will probably happen only if you were doing something stupid like removing the card out without using the "safely remove" tool or putting in the card into the linker while the linker is connected to the pc.

4. VenomSymbiote
    OP

Newcomer VenomSymbiote Advanced Member

United States
    Hmm. What could cause the ROMs to get corrupted? It's only been the same few ROMs, so perhaps the rom itself is somehow corrupted by default? Just seems weird it happens when I do things on the cart that don't even involve the NDS file.

As for the found.000, yeah I did infact do a filesystem repair. I scanned the G6 because I kept having a problem with one of the folders not wanting to delete. Sure enough you were right, I showed hidden folders and that one came up. Deleted it without a problem, so thanks!

5. trevor3999

Newcomer trevor3999 Member

Canada
    i hav the same problem but im always careful to remove it the proper way ( I use a mac and u just have to press eject on the g6 icon)
    Rune factory does this along with some otther games i cant think of anyone no if this happens in old firmware

6. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    I had this problem a while ago since I loaded some homebrew which crashed during the boot, and subsequently the filesystem decided to corrupt itself. Just copy the ROMs over again and it'll be fine