gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So, as I'm sure many are aware, new members will often ask directly for ROMs, ROM sets, or other copyrighted material. As someone who watches the NDS and sometimes Wii forums, this is not exactly an atypical occurrence.
My question is, is it minimodding/annoying for staff when normal members such as myself tell people that sharing/asking for ROMs or other copyrighted content is not allowed?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Generally speaking, a report is all that is necessary in those circumstances, but I also think it's fine if you also post a reply with just a quote of the rules on Warez in addition to the report.

But report should always be done first and foremost.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
The way I see it, people don’t read rules. They just make an account and ask for warez. So if someone who’s not a mod just goes “hey m8 das no good” then it’s fine—it lets them know that’s against the TOS. Both posts probably will get deleted, one for asking for Roms, the other for reply to trashed post, but at least they get told. (Just make sure to report them, too)

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
The way I see it, people don’t read rules.

Yes,that is the main Issue today....:rolleyes:

People in agony.........because THEY made Bollocks because of NOT Reading (carefully) Manuals/Instructions....register then to GBAtemp......again NOT reading Rules....complain about a NONE received Confirmation E-Mail sometimes...posting again Bollocks because of not reading Instructions........Circle of Life ?

Last edited by Alexander1970,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I personally prefer just a report - posting a response in addition to a report means I now have to deal with two junk posts as opposed to just one. With that said, I wouldn't say it's backseat modding unless you purposefully go out of your way to seek out and report those posts. Our staff is vary capable - we don't need a Neighbourhood Watch.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I still sucked at it though since it's been a few years since I played it lol