Roms and keeping time

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by mike1984, Sep 30, 2006.

1. mike1984
    OP

mike1984 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 25, 2006
    Canada
    Ok, so games like Brain Age either keep time or retrieve it from the DS when it is used. Either way, ther e is still some sort of time keeping. So if you're using a ROM, how does this work? For example, Animal Crossing. Let's say I don't play for a while, when I go back, i'll have maintenance to do. But let's say I take the ROM off my memory card and put it back onto my computer with the .sav file. Let's say I decide to put it back on my mem card after 1 month. Will 1 month still have gone by in the game even though it was on my computer and not on my memory card? Might be noob question but I still asked lol!

2. Heito

Heito Advanced Member

May 1, 2004
    United States
    Well in those games you can adjust the date in the game and not on the DS itself, so I believe the date data is saved on your save file.

So if you played AC today, 9/29, it will save that you played it on 9/29 and when you go to play it say.. 10/29 it'll see a month passed and adjust.

That's what I think anyway.

3. Azimuth

Azimuth Chicken Teriyaki Boy!

Feb 23, 2006
    Canada
    ya thats a pretty simple explanation and the most likely 1

4. HugeCock

HugeCock Oh My....

Jul 5, 2006
    United States
    I heard Brain Age somehow knows if you change the date...any idea how that happens?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice