Roms and keeping time

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by mike1984, Sep 30, 2006.

Sep 30, 2006

Roms and keeping time by mike1984 at 12:19 AM (573 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. mike1984
    OP

Member mike1984 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Ok, so games like Brain Age either keep time or retrieve it from the DS when it is used. Either way, ther e is still some sort of time keeping. So if you're using a ROM, how does this work? For example, Animal Crossing. Let's say I don't play for a while, when I go back, i'll have maintenance to do. But let's say I take the ROM off my memory card and put it back onto my computer with the .sav file. Let's say I decide to put it back on my mem card after 1 month. Will 1 month still have gone by in the game even though it was on my computer and not on my memory card? Might be noob question but I still asked lol!

2. Heito

Member Heito Advanced Member

United States
    Well in those games you can adjust the date in the game and not on the DS itself, so I believe the date data is saved on your save file.

So if you played AC today, 9/29, it will save that you played it on 9/29 and when you go to play it say.. 10/29 it'll see a month passed and adjust.

That's what I think anyway.

3. Azimuth

Member Azimuth Chicken Teriyaki Boy!

Canada
    ya thats a pretty simple explanation and the most likely 1

4. HugeCock

Member HugeCock Oh My....

United States
    I heard Brain Age somehow knows if you change the date...any idea how that happens?