Rominator v5.3.2 released

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Opium, Dec 22, 2007.

Dec 22, 2007

Rominator v5.3.2 released by Opium at 9:20 AM (4,087 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. Opium
    OP

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    Rominator v5.3.2 released
    backup saves & bug fixes
    [​IMG]

Local Rominator extraordinaire, Hankchill, has released a new version of his popular ROM manager. This update adds a few new things like the ability to backup saves from your flashcart and a contextual right-click menu along with some bug fixes.

[title:Changelog]v5.3.2 Release Notes:

[FIX] If you had your Games Location set to an external drive, and that drive was not present, it would give error 1034 and error 1001 every few seconds afterwards. This has been corrected

[FIX] Fixed error 1058 when setting your Games Location in the startup wizard

[+] Settings is renamed Preferences, and is accessible in the Application menu (Mac OS X Only). Has also been renamed to Preferences for Windows.

[+] There have been a couple issues where icons would show up blank or scrambled. Just double click on the icon and it will be re-cached and refreshed

[+] Contextual Menu is now available when right-clicking in the Rom List -- The menu contains the same functionality as the Actions menu

[FIX] Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause a '##' to appear after the flash card name, giving an error

[FIX] Fixed error 1107, where if you had a corrupt box art it would crash

[+] Added a new action when in a Flash Card list: Backup Save. You can now backup an existing save game by either right clicking on the game, or selecting the option from the Actions button

[GUI] Revamped Export options for Statistics. You can now export either both owned/missing games together, export as a text file or Microsoft Excel .CSV file, as well as having more export options available

So what are you waiting for? Grab the latest version from the GBAtemp download centre.

[​IMG] Download (Windows)
    [​IMG] Download (Mac OS X)
    [​IMG] Download (Linux)

2. Jaejae

Member Jaejae Superfly Don't Used

New Zealand
    This is good, the previous version would start, then give me an error message, then quit.
    I'll test it when I'm back on my comp.
    Good work Hank.

3. Nomearod

Member Nomearod GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    If Linux version doesn't work why keep releasing it? Every time there's a new version I download and try it and every time I do it, it doesn't work [​IMG]

4. imgod22222

Member imgod22222 GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member

United States
    HankChill, what language do you write Rominator in? (curious)

5. Salamantis

Member Salamantis GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    He writes it in RealBasic.

EDIT: Huzzah, I'm in the credits! [​IMG]

Thanks Hank for another great release! *hugs hankchill*

6. blizeH

Member blizeH GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Seems like a really great app, just a shame for me it doesn't properly scan subdirectories - do people honestly just have all of their roms, nfo and image files in one folder?

7. lafleche

Member lafleche GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Indeed.... I tried Rominator but I miss the subdirectory-scan. I have my roms in a structure like /eur, /usa, /jap.

Perhaps next version?

8. Salamantis

Member Salamantis GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    If you have any suggestions, mail it to him using Rominator's built-in Suggestion/Bug Report. It's under the Help menu.

9. bug

Newcomer bug Advanced Member

Australia
    I am getting a lot of 1kb files on my R4 after flashing from the zip files on my hdd. This is on a fresh installation of 5.3.2 and a fresh database update. It seems pretty random as to which games flash correctly and which games flash into a 1kb file.

10. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    Do a bug report. I'll get some more info from you then.

--Henry

11. Jhongerkong

Member Jhongerkong GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    This is the best program I have ever used.

The auto renaming feature is worth the download alone.

12. CYatta

Member CYatta GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Seems like the Backup Save option only looks for .sav files. Is there a way to change this? I have a G6DS Real, so my save files are .# files.

If there isn't a way right now, then (and I know this isn't the place to ask, but i figured while I'm here, what the hell) maybe it wouldn't hurt to add that support, for customizing save file seeking or something.

Anyway, great app. So close to using only this to add games to my card, instead of manually doing it.

13. Nio

Member Nio GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    When ever I start Rominator it tries to access my unplugged flash memory and causes error messages in vista.

What can I do?

14. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    Unplug your empty flash drive.

I'm working on a solid fix for this, to get around Windows checking for it.

15. Nio

Member Nio GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    I cant its a notebook and it's hard wired ....

Normaly I use the external flash reader that comes with the R4DS, but it "died" today when I copied a rom with rominator.

Now I think the rominator killed my external flash reader, is that possible?
    I guess I need to find an other alternative.

16. bpfd

Newcomer bpfd Newbie

United States
    I am trying this program out today and I am having trouble trimming roms when flashing. If I turn Trimming off it flashes fine but if i turn it on all files i try to transfer to my R4 are 188.0bits. Can someone help me out and tell me what I am doing wrong.

17. kmihalj

Newcomer kmihalj Advanced Member

Croatia
    Last Update did not recognize ROM : 2039 Assassins Creed Altairs Chronicles EUR MULTi5 NDS-EXiMiUS

18. Phil_Magroin

Newcomer Phil_Magroin Newbie

United States
    I have ran into the same issue. Any roms I flash that has been trimmed ends up being 188B (and of course doesn't work). I'm hoping the next release fixes this, as I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.