Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Rominator v5.1
Zip support, bug fixes
rominatorshot.jpg

Hankchill has updated his ROM manager with zip support, bug fixes and various GUI tweaks. This expansive piece of software allows you to manage and sort your DS ROM collection.

[title:changelog]
Changelog said:
[FIX] Crash when clicking on a game that was missing

[GUI] Toolbox no longer floats over everything

[GUI] Details has now been placed in a 'sliding window' back in the main window

[+] Zip support -- Can now place Zip games in your list. Currently cannot compress as rZip is Rominator's primary compression method. Zips are decompressed and the game is flashed upon dragging to Flash Card.

[+] Added a Personalize section in the Settings -- This will allow you to keep your name, nickname, email address and Operating System in Rominator so whenever you have feedback, it doesn't need to be provided each time.

[GUI] Modified the way the review system works: If you want to submit a review, it has to be at least worth reading, or Rominator won't accept it

[GUI] Tweaked feedback system to work much better now. This is more to my benefit, but now you don't need to worry about entering in your name and email every time.

[FIX] Game Lists now stay removed when removing them.

[FIX] If there was an invalid CRC or trim size entry in the previous database version, and has been corrected in a current release, upon updating Rominator will auto-update all CRC and trim size entries in your library database.

[FIX] Space Used is recalculated correctly whenever removing a game from the Queue List.

[FIX] Fixed a Refreshing bug that would give an error when you refreshed the list, and Rominator found games that did not exist.

[FIX] Used Space bar in Details will now no longer go over the 100% limit (cosmetic bug)

[+] Additional Details (CRC32 and File Type) are now displayed in the Details section

[+] Added an option to append the date to an imported Save file (Under Settings -> General)

[FIX] Rominator no longer disappears if you close it when minimized. This bug has finally been tackled!

[FIX] Error 1117 no longer shows up when trying to use the Rom Queue in Windows.

The program is available in three different flavours, Windows, OS X and Linux.

download.gif
Download (Windows)

download.gif
Download (OS X)

download.gif
Download (Linux)

sfunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You should definitely bother, Hank keeps making this program better and better and as long as you're not an asshat he takes the time to personally fix/listen to your problem. Sometimes he does so even if you are an asshat
tongue.gif

Dazimus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My Ubuntu box wants to hug you.

edit: I have a lot of suggestions, but I don't know if I should be a bother.

It works on your Ubuntu? Rominator closes off when I try to add a rom, and trying in Wine results in me not able to see my mouse cursor. Maybe 5.1 will work in Ubuntu for me
smile.gif

cheatah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm getting the exact same error with 5.1 as the beta that was released before on ubuntu. Crashes when the program starts up.

Runtime Error 4: Failed Assertion
Press OK to Continue
Press Cancel to Quit.

Please report what caused this error
along with the information below.

../Common/loaderX86.cpp: 268
Failure Condition: lib->mLibraryHandle
Missing shared library /usr/lib/libc.so

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I just downloaded it, and mine looks nothing like the picture you show. how do you get box art? and all that other stuff?

I mentioned tons of times that there is a slider beside the game list at the edge of the window. Grab it, and drag it out.

Any further discussions I'd ask everyone to please direct them to the official discussion topic:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=44909

And for those somewhat confused, documentation will be available shortly
smile.gif

--Henry

d33t

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cheatah said:
I'm getting the exact same error with 5.1 as the beta that was released before on ubuntu. Crashes when the program starts up.

Runtime Error 4: Failed Assertion
Press OK to Continue
Press Cancel to Quit.

Please report what caused this error
along with the information below.

../Common/loaderX86.cpp: 268
Failure Condition: lib->mLibraryHandle
Missing shared library /usr/lib/libc.so
Same here. Running Xubuntu 7.10, so maybe I'm missing some Gnome tie-ins or other dependencies? Kinda wish this was released as a .deb file.

Oh well, guess I'm sticking with Advanscene's NDScrc in VirtualBox.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo